Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Oh all this puppy, training, pictures and talk just makes me even more excited about getting ours. Lol, I know it is still months away for us, but gah can't wait. lol

Im hearing you, but makes it so exciting.

Sounds like Willow and Gus are doing so very well and loving all there outings and attention.

Aside from some sprinkling of doing some "Stand" practice and house training, I'm so slack in the training department. :o

We have done quite a bit of social outings though...lots of kids and people. It's amazing how many people and kids flock to a puppy, Dory has been loving it too! :laugh: Dory has never been so social or relaxed about being social as she has been since Willow has come along to steal it away from her.

We did beach today, we carried her down to the foreshore and picked a time when there were no other dogs. And she had an absolute blast! Again loads of kids and people. Lots of sand, lots of digging, lots of stinky seaweed, lots of moving water, but no wet feet. :laugh: Then back home to play with next doors dog and mug him with Dory.

Willow has been brilliant on the lead since day dot. She's a go forth and explore kinda girl.

Everyday she just awes me with how solid her temperament and nerves appear to be.

We wanted to do a beach walk by the other day but Gus was in a puppy coma, they come on as suddenly as they go so we gave it a miss.

(after his puppy highness scored us free coffee at the cafe we went for breakie. The waitress made us coffees just so she had an excuse to come cuddle him again, by her own admission. Score!)

I can't wait to let him have a play in the sand and do all the doggy things!

We're doing lots to wear the little sucker out. He's easier to watch and less toothy when he's pooped.

He's not bad on lead either, aside from the stopping to expect people to love him up. Hilarious and it works, will start bribing him forwards with treats and doing some laps around the front yard.

I agree with the nerves thing. It's astonishing. TBH we've always had pound pups or dogs that have just sorta shown up, we had one PB English Setter as kids but it's so much different than I remember, I have this cocky, bright, funny, smart little monster on my hands and he just loves everyone and is game to tackle anything head on. I am in awe and he's a real advert for anyone who pulls the 'adopt not shop' rubbish. He's the ideal example of why I made the choices I made.

Also, I don't know if I've said, Willow is BEAUTIFUL. I will keep an eye out for her name in lights ;)

Willow looks like she has grown already Dory!

It seems like every time she wakes up from a sleep, she's grown a little more.

Cassie, how big is Sumo now?

I feel the same! Every day I feel like I can notice he's visibly bigger, especially if I've been away with work for a night or two. I'll have to take an updated pic for you all. At a guess he's weighing around 19kg now, and that's very lean.

I'm going to meet and pick out my Puppy on Saturday!!! YAY!

And the lovely breeder has offered me another boy to pick from, so I now have the choice of 2 NBT blue boys as well as the full tail. Gosh I hope one of them really stands out in personality and temperament because if they are all similar I don't know how I will pick!

How am I going to study for my exams next week now laugh.gif

Edited by LisaCC

1/4 tails are cute as :D

Ooops that I read the email wrong 1/4 tail is gone, choice of 2 NBTs and a full instead!

Jack your pups mini tail is super cute!

Fixed it

Edited by LisaCC

How exciting Lisa. Trust that one will stand out to you, perhaps for reasons you don't understand yet, but if the "worst" happens and you can't decide, just close your eyes and wait for whichever chooses you- he will be the one for you :thumbsup:

I am so envious right now :D , but so happy for you.

Di

I remember when the breeders sent me photos of the pups at 4 weeks....I saw the photo of bear and had a lightning bolt 'that's my dog' moment. We went down to meet them at 6 weeks and she came straight to me and wouldn't leave me alone. Then they told me she was mine and I lost my sh*t altogether :laugh: