Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I guess this counts as waiting for a pup...! A couple of months ago I posted in the general discussion forum about adopting a greyhound once my partner and I moved to Bendigo.

WELL, as the universe would have it, I decided not to limit myself by breed and started checking out some rescue organisations in the local area, and I fell in love with the most gorgeous looking Bull Arab pup, who's between eight months to a year old. He has the most thoughtful eyes and is apparently a big loveable goofball, which is exactly what I was after. I kept my eye on him as the time grew nearer for us to adopt, and they kept updating the facebook page with more photos of him, and of course I fell further in love!

He got adopted by a couple with another dog at the end of March, and I was happy to see him off to a good home (if not a little disappointed). But he was back in care within two weeks, their other dog had hip dysplasia and when the two dogs played it was almost like WWE Wrestling! So as much as they liked him they just couldnt risk further injury to their current dog, so they returned the pup.

And thats when I knew. Something in me just said yes, it has to happen now. My partner and I started to plan, and think about how life would be with this dog in our lives. I contacted the organisation at the beginning of this week and had a LONG chat to one of the girls who runs it, and we are meeting the pup tomorrow :D

SO EXCITING! I'm off work sick today with a cold so I can hardly wait, I'm going to get everything prepared tonight because everything going well we're going to be bringing home our new member of the family tomorrow. I've had a long history with dogs, worked with greyhounds, staffies and my dad bred boxers many moons ago, and I miss the relationship we as humans have with them.

Poppy the greyhound was my heart dog, I used to run home from high school to my trainers place and she would be so excited to see me. I'd let myself into her pen, climb into her bed, she would climb in after me and rest her head on my lap. I dont suppose she ever knew how much she helped me back then, and I dont think I knew either, but she did. Sometimes I would cry, but she loved me without judgement. My mental health hasnt been the best lately, this is partly the reason why I'm looking forward to getting a dog, so I'm probably going to cry tomorrow!

Sorry for the thesis :p I promise to post an update tomorrow!

YAY!!! Sounds like it was meant to be!My cousin has a bull arab and he's the most darling boy ever, almost as tall as a great dane and he's soooo gentle with his human sister who is only 7 months!

On another note - I get my baby in 4 sleeps!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

(I wasn't sure if I should start my own thread. I think this is the right place to post this.)

Oh my goodness, I have butterflies as I'm typing this; I'm so excited. I have some very good news...

I'm getting a Pug puppy within the next three months :D :dancingelephant:

This is the mum. Isn't she pretty?

Sunny2.jpg

Edited by Queen Maeby

Don't worry, there will be heaps... I'm going to borrow my dad's really good camera :)

:thumbsup:

Love pug pics they're so cute especially puppy pugs! If it weren't for the shedding I'd love one.

The shedding has always driven me crazy but when Grover died it kind of faded into insignificance and now I miss it. I miss being covered in his hair and finding it in my food, in my mouth etc every day :)

eta

I'm sure I'll hate it again in no time :laugh:

Edited by Queen Maeby

• 2 weeks later...

Well its a month since our precious Finnigan was taken from us - its been a month of tears for both OH and myself - we miss our Fin every day and would give anything to have him back.

In 12 days a new little precious bundle will be joining our family - we both hope its not to soon after loosing our boy - but we both fell in love with this little princess.

Here she is - Tabitha

post-12045-0-15059300-1402746801_thumb.jpg

(Tabitha - Italian Greyhound puppy)

We are currently on a waiting list to get our first puppy, a field spaniel.

Nervous and excited, hoping for a mating in September...

I am one of those organised people too, using my time to research!

Well its a month since our precious Finnigan was taken from us - its been a month of tears for both OH and myself - we miss our Fin every day and would give anything to have him back.

In 12 days a new little precious bundle will be joining our family - we both hope its not to soon after loosing our boy - but we both fell in love with this little princess.

Here she is - Tabitha

post-12045-0-15059300-1402746801_thumb.jpg

(Tabitha - Italian Greyhound puppy)

Totally precious and beautiful. Tabitha will help you both heal.

:love:

1402874889[/url]' post='6504182']

Visited these little guys on the weekend;

Waiting to hear if I am lucky enough to get one :)

Should know in a couple of weeks...

:love: They are just adorable, loved the one chewing on the finger! And poor Mum didn't even make it to the box to feed,she was mobbed. laugh.gif

Crits, Tabitha looks gorgeous, all these puppies are making me go mushy

1402874889[/url]' post='6504182']

Visited these little guys on the weekend;

Waiting to hear if I am lucky enough to get one :)

Should know in a couple of weeks...

:love: They are just adorable, loved the one chewing on the finger! And poor Mum didn't even make it to the box to feed,she was mobbed. laugh.gif

Crits, Tabitha looks gorgeous, all these puppies are making me go mushy

Same here. And the last puppy is only 8 months old :eek:

Should I be enabled or not enabled? LOL