Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Awww tiny little bubba. What does hand raising entail? It sounds intense!

I'm never having children ... colic, teething, constipation, dehydration, $300 worth of vet so far ...

and she's 2 weeks old yesterday :laugh:

her mother dried up almost fully after a couple of days and when I went to see, I thought she was dead as she was so tiny and boney (400g) until she squeaked.

But look at her now! Eyes open, lungs like a banshee and toddling about!

20150422_202703.jpg

20150422_202641.jpg

20150422_213711.jpg

I'm not going to keep her permanently, I'll let my mum raise her a little and learn a bit as I want her to help me with a couple of Malinois puppies I'll run on from the litter at the end of the year. A friend of mine is in love so she can have her if she likes or I'll give her to someone else I know only.

She's still under the average so I'm going to try goats milk. The constipation from the formula is never ending too so I want to solve that ASAP. 3 pups from the litter died just before I got there and I only managed to get the last 4 teats producing so leaving her there was no option since there was 5 pups left :(

It's good to see also a few developmental exercises in action and working. The vet said she is quite advanced in her movement and vocal ability :) she can walk following your finger, albeit a little wobbly, and my goodness can she climb!!! She's been banished to a very deep plastic tub for a bed otherwise she's out wandering!

Lovely puppy Nekbet! Could they not rotate the puppies? Dallies often have large litters (10 plus) and they usually just have half feeding at a time.

*COUGH* if a few things were done with a little more care then none of this situation would exist at all if you get my drift ...

Hi Everyone

So I contacted my breeder 1month before the pups were due to be born and to say the wait has been torturous would be an understatement!!

Well today (hopefully) I will finally get to meet my girl Willow as we have affectionately named her. Our other dogs are named Holly and Maple so we went along the same nature line. She is a English Springer Spaniel and I have a photo of her and lots of updates but to finally meet her will be a true dream come true. Then she will at last get to come home all being well on the 14th of May :D :D :D.

The breeder has been beyond incredible with the help and support she has given me, I could not ask for anyone better especially as I am going to start showing for the first time.

My biggest fear even thought I have had many puppies before who have had no problems with this is how to train her to pee out side the house instead of inside lol. Funny how the little things stump you even though you have trained other puppies to do it what feels like hundreds of times before.

Overall im just excited, completely and utterly excited!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How exciting Willowlane, we are at the countdown point too, 10 days to go! One black and tan dobie to join our family. We havent been through puppy stage for many, many years. This will be the first time we havent had to juggle work around puppy life,so that will make life a lot easier.

So exciting to hear about all of your puppies! I grew up with dobes, they are such beautiful dogs.

We are waiting to bring our new Weim home in a little over a month. I've been waiting for a pup from this breeder since December, so I'm very excited that it is all happening. She's still very tiny and has a lot of growing to do. It was kind of strange seeing them all and now knowing which one will be ours. I had to take photos of all of them, just to be on the safe side! :laugh:

WeimMe that month will just fly by! Yes, we love our dobies, we've just lost our old girl. She would have been 14 in July. I've had my eye on our breeder for 12 years!! This time next week our puppy will be on the plane to Brisbane. Very early morning trip to pick her up next Saturday. My cats will not be pleased. Living with an older dog was a breeze for them.

How exciting! We are still getting our place puppy-proofed. There's a lot to think about. 14 is a good age for a Dobe! I think our oldest was about 12. My lovely Weim was 14 when we lost her. It's so hard when you have had them for so long isn't it?

Our cat will not be thrilled either...I'm not looking forward to the transition period. The pets all get along so well together at the moment.

• 4 months later...

Am I allowed to post here if I'm on the waiting list for a puppy? The litter isn't due until 2017 (as the breeders younger bitch is being run on and this year was their older bitches last breeding year) but I have a really great rapport with the breeder and their dogs are everything I could dream of, hope for and more :D

There are no guarantees as puppies are matched with the best of homes to suit their temperaments and drives, as well as the goals of the owner, but I'm developing a relationship with the breeder and they are also my behaviourist, so they are well aware of what I'm after and are amazing and super encouraging as well as having a lot of faith in me.

So I really hope there's a pup that suits me in a few years...!

Good to see that this thread is up and running ☺ I am collecting our big boofy yellow Lab pup in about 6 weeks and I'm very excited! I'm able to visit the pups during this time which is making the wait a bit more bearable. Our two kids have no idea that we're getting him, we will surprise them with a 'drive to the country' one week before collection date to introduce them. Can't wait!! Our cats won't be pleased though..

Edited by Jch80

Im thinking about getting another dog in a few years. I be keeping an eye on the puppy area to see peoples training techniques as I think mine are a bit out dated with Anna now being 13! lol :)

I'm sure you'll be fine! What breed is Anna and what breed are you thinking about for your new addition?

I've never had a puppy before! So at least you'll have some experience, especially if the breed is the same. You must have done something right if she's had such a good innings :D

Good to see that this thread is up and running ☺ I am collecting our big boofy yellow Lab pup in about 6 weeks and I'm very excited! I'm able to visit the pups during this time which is making the wait a bit more bearable. Our two kids have no idea that we're getting him, we will surprise them with a 'drive to the country' one week before collection date to introduce them. Can't wait!! Our cats won't be pleased though..

That is such an awesome surprise :D

• 4 weeks later...

We're getting a Boston terrier puppy in 2 weeks! Sooo excited!! We also have a cat who doesn't like strangers but seems to be fine with other animals so I think he'll love his little sister.

She'll be my first pup so I can't wait. Reading the forums like a mad person atm trying to remember tips on what to do.