Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

What a great thread, I've not got long to wait now, we're picking up our baby on Saturday - squeeeee - we were so lucky looking at some of the posts here, we've had a really quick turnaround, we've been looking for the right puppy for some time, but when we found her, well it's only taken just on a week :thumbsup: the hardest thing for me is, although I've done all the leg work, Paris is for my mum, so I don't even get to have her with me :confused: but I do get visiting rights :laugh:

Im so jealous if you!!, ever since i met a real life frenchie at my first show I WANT ONE!!

Standard Poodle :D

End of June/beginning of July

It's been 6 months of looking and deciding on a breed. So I definately cannot wait!

How exciting! Do you know what colour yet?

Yes black!

I have been wanting a Standard Poodle for so long but have been scared of taking care of the coat but have found someone to help me out :thumbsup:

Hi all :wave:

I'm new to this thread but figured this is the best place to be when you're super crazy excited to be getting a puppy and everyone around you is sick of hearing about it :laugh:

We're getting a female stafford pup who will be ready to come home end of July.

Today was extra exciting as we just found out that this gorgeous girl will be our baby. YEAH!

post-44980-0-13301200-1339853714_thumb.jpg

This is Rogue, 4 weeks.

Thanks sjp118 & mumof4girls :) Puppies are so cute!

sjp118 what breed are you waiting for?

mumof4girls has your boy started to live up to his name? I expect ours will but I'm hoping we haven't jinxed ourselves :laugh:

He is starting to push the boundaries, he is into stealing things at the moment socks, shoes lol anything ... But he is still a Goofball and such a character!! :-)

Thanks sjp118 & mumof4girls :) Puppies are so cute!

sjp118 what breed are you waiting for?

mumof4girls has your boy started to live up to his name? I expect ours will but I'm hoping we haven't jinxed ourselves :laugh:

Hi all :wave:

I'm new to this thread but figured this is the best place to be when you're super crazy excited to be getting a puppy and everyone around you is sick of hearing about it :laugh:

We're getting a female stafford pup who will be ready to come home end of July.

Today was extra exciting as we just found out that this gorgeous girl will be our baby. YEAH!

post-44980-0-13301200-1339853714_thumb.jpg

This is Rogue, 4 weeks.

OMG.. cutest thing I've seen all day.

Love the name too.

Border Collie - not long until they're born now, mum will be going for her final scan soon. :cheer: Hoping everything goes well!

:thumbsup: How exciting! Not much more of a wait for you then, though it must feel like forever. Don't know how you can be so patient.

:crossfingers: its all good news from the scan!

He is starting to push the boundaries, he is into stealing things at the moment socks, shoes lol anything ... But he is still a Goofball and such a character!! :-)

He sounds adorable, especially since its not my shoes going missing :laugh: Oh the fun times ahead!

OMG.. cutest thing I've seen all day.

Love the name too.

Thanks CW EW! We have to agree, but we're bias :D

Border Collie - not long until they're born now, mum will be going for her final scan soon. :cheer: Hoping everything goes well!

:thumbsup: How exciting! Not much more of a wait for you then, though it must feel like forever. Don't know how you can be so patient.

:crossfingers: its all good news from the scan!

Well miss Mumma-to-be is so fat that she couldn't wriggle too much, so she had an X-ray rather than another ultrasound. Originally she was expecting 6...now she's having nine, and sooner than expected by the looks of it. Her cervix started dilating a bit, so we're expecting them this week rather than next week. It's her first litter, so hoping everything goes well!

Sorry I haven't replied, been a little too busy for my liking lately :)

Well the puppies have arrived! All black and white and healthy! Time is dragging sooooo slowly now. I thought it wouldn't, since I've been waiting indefinitely, now I have dates I thought I'd be fine. I was fine all through the pregnancy, it seemed to actually go really quickly. Never mind - just have to keep reminding myself that time hasn't slowed down, and eight weeks really isn't that long. :) I'm so excited though!

Must be nearly time for you to pick your pup, Summerside?

That's great news! Do you have a preference for girl or boy?

No we don't have long to go, only 2.5 weeks! We pick her up 20th July :thumbsup:

Is it normal to be a little nervous now? I've been reading Ian Dunbar's books and I'm getting scared I'll bugger up a perfectly good puppy! This'll be the first puppy we've raised and while the info he gives is great, he makes everything seem so critically important and missing something will result in an unruly and uncontrollable pet :eek: Sorry, overreacting but just want to make sure we try to do things right :)

Anyway here are some new pics of Rogue at 5 & 6 weeks. The latest ones I'm getting from the breeder all have captions along the lines of "Rogue eating my..." etc :laugh:

Oh the joys of a Stafford pup teething I guess :doh:

post-44980-0-97286900-1341280710_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-90266400-1341280755_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-45374700-1341280780_thumb.jpg

They get big so quick!

That's great news! Do you have a preference for girl or boy?

No we don't have long to go, only 2.5 weeks! We pick her up 20th July :thumbsup:

Is it normal to be a little nervous now? I've been reading Ian Dunbar's books and I'm getting scared I'll bugger up a perfectly good puppy! This'll be the first puppy we've raised and while the info he gives is great, he makes everything seem so critically important and missing something will result in an unruly and uncontrollable pet :eek: Sorry, overreacting but just want to make sure we try to do things right :)

This will be 'my' first puppy too, every other dog has been a family one. All I can say is don't stress, trust yourself, and enjoy the puppy phase because it goes soooo fast! I'm sure you'll be fine with your new little one :D

At this stage I'm after a female, but really don't care if I get a boy.

ETA: Your little baby looks very cute too :)

Edited by sjp118