Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Add me to the thread too! :) :dancingelephant:

post-864-0-06177400-1350342917_thumb.jpg

Everybody, meet Iris! :D

Ohhhhhhhh !.! Iris is beautiful :-)

Thanks Aso. I'm very excited. I've been waiting a long time for this little girl. Her two big furbrothers are going to love her! :)

Awww Bonnie and Iris are adorable :D

I am finding toilet training really tough at the moment, she mostly will not warn she is about to go, she will go from standing looking at me to peeing. I take her outside constantly and she will go and i praise her but she still doesnt have a clue. Think im lucky that where i live all downstairs is tiled.

Guest donatella

I am finding toilet training really tough at the moment, she mostly will not warn she is about to go, she will go from standing looking at me to peeing. I take her outside constantly and she will go and i praise her but she still doesnt have a clue. Think im lucky that where i live all downstairs is tiled.

It's mentally draining hey! I swear those Domestos premade wipes have been a godsend! Mind is getting it now but far out those first few weeks I was ready to take her back with all the mess I was cleaning up :laugh:

Omg so mentally draining. She is such a sweetheart but so trying as well, we are slowly learning that fingers are not tug toys or things to chew on. She has found she likes digging which extends to the indoor plant pot as well.

Think im going to have to invest in those wipes, i actually forgot about them so the mop has been getting a workout. Im glad Bonnie is getting the hang of it as it gives me hope with my gremlin :laugh: .

Guest donatella

Seriously get the wipes! Saves having to mop the whole area, you can just wipe over the whole area! Especially cause their pees are so small anyway. Makes you want to ring their neck that little bit less each time :laugh:

Bon loves weeing in the garden now and goes as soon as I open the back door, turns out all my jumping around praising IS getting there.

I still get up to toilet her at night though as she's still so small and don't expect a 1.5kg pup to hold it for what is sometimes 12 hours sleep I get overnight :eek: I'd say she's 80% good, we still have our accidents but are getting there.

There is hope for you yet!!

I am finding toilet training really tough at the moment, she mostly will not warn she is about to go, she will go from standing looking at me to peeing. I take her outside constantly and she will go and i praise her but she still doesnt have a clue. Think im lucky that where i live all

downstairs is tiled.

She's not warning because she doesn't know when she's about to go! She's a baby, she doesn't think about it until suddenly she can't hold it in.

Hard floors are a godsend, keep up the high value rewards when she goes in the correct spot, ignore her when she goes in the wrong spot and she will get there :)

Nawww! All these new cute puppies! I can put my name down as waiting, but I don't even have a date yet! We have just decided on getting a female Beagle pup. Now just to find her!

We did our tax last night a LOT more than we expected so I told my hisband we'll put some away for puppy and extras. So excited! Husband has already got a name, which I think is cute and quirky but I am unsure of naming before we even find her!

Going to be collecting items before she gets here. Maybe as a first I'll buy a pink collar and a stuffed doll to send when we find the right breeder.

Can you tell I'm excited? I feel like I'm preparing for a new (human) baby!

Nawww! All these new cute puppies! I can put my name down as waiting, but I don't even have a date yet! We have just decided on getting a female Beagle pup. Now just to find her!

We did our tax last night a LOT more than we expected so I told my hisband we'll put some away for puppy and extras. So excited! Husband has already got a name, which I think is cute and quirky but I am unsure of naming before we even find her!

Going to be collecting items before she gets here. Maybe as a first I'll buy a pink collar and a stuffed doll to send when we find the right breeder.

Can you tell I'm excited? I feel like I'm preparing for a new (human) baby!

I named my puppy about two years before I found her, so don't worry about naming before hand!

:laugh: I hear you. I was going to call my next puppy Iris no matter what anyway. And hopefully she'll get my first choice as her registered name as well.

There's a story behind the name really....bit soppy....but special. My dad passed away in May and I had the song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls played as he left the church. It is some money that he had squirrelled away that is enabling me to purchase Iris so this is kind of a tribute and a thank you to my dad. :(

:laugh: I hear you. I was going to call my next puppy Iris no matter what anyway. And hopefully she'll get my first choice as her registered name as well.

There's a story behind the name really....bit soppy....but special. My dad passed away in May and I had the song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls played as he left the church. It is some money that he had squirrelled away that is enabling me to purchase Iris so this is kind of a tribute and a thank you to my dad. :(

Oh Ellz, that is a special name :heart: I'm sure she will be a very loved companion.

Husbands name is Amelia Pond (Yes after Doctor Who) so he can say, "Come along Pond!" :rofl: I was thinking more Odette, Ophelia or Aurora. None of these names show up anywhere on 'dog naming websites'. I tried renaming our rescue dog to Hamlet, Ham or Hammy for short, but the kids were very vocal about keeping Simba. So it has stuck.

Also - How cute is this! WP-SLD-Q111TIF-TBH-2T.jpg?1314868638

Edited by Llante

Guest donatella

Oh Ellz, that is a special name :heart: I'm sure she will be a very loved companion.

Husbands name is Amelia Pond (Yes after Doctor Who) so he can say, "Come along Pond!" :rofl: I was thinking more Odette, Ophelia or Aurora. None of these names show up anywhere on 'dog naming websites'. I tried renaming our rescue dog to Hamlet, Ham or Hammy for short, but the kids were very vocal about keeping Simba. So it has stuck.

Ahh Susan Lanci harness! My girls have them, i pay good money to get them from the USA they are so soft and comfortable. Worth every cent, highly recommended!

Oh, Pond is an awesome name!

:eek: at that harness lol

Guest donatella

You suck up really nicely! They are so worth it though I'm waiting on a black and swarovski crystal one for my youngest one hehehe.

My 2 are having a good chew on a big meaty bone each, I worked a night last night so need some rest time away from playful puppies.

I hope you get yours soon. It's worth the wait :D

Guest donatella

Oh really, yeah the Pom thread is all but dead too! I'll post some from work tonight. My littlest girl is looking like a lanky little monkey. The caterpillar before the butterfly per se.

I'll do some pics in the spitz thread tonight but :D

Well the Griffon thread had all but died and rotted away :laugh: . Love the harness, its so cute. The wait for the puppy is torture, then comes the toilet training :eek:

Little miss has turned 11wks today and is getting more hyper by the day, my sister is bringing her chihuahua over tonight so hopefully she will tire the gremlin out.

Don, would love to see some updated pics of Bonnie!!

Llante, i love Amelia Pond, Pond is cute.

Edited by Alibi