Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Post the pics up, everyone else does. Just dont post kennel names or id the beeder.

Congrats on finding a baby. I would always go for temperament over conformation, even for a show dog. They are a family member foremost.

Dont be concerned about her being ten weeks old. it wont make any difference in the long run and not all pups go out the door at 8 weeks for many reasons. Nothing at all to worry about if you are happy with your choice of breeder.

10 weeks isn't too old is it?? It might be 11 weeks by the time we get her. It's still quite a good age to get them right???

Why is a 10 week old pup still available? Is it a registered breeder?

Some breeders (like me for instance) don't even PLACE puppies until 10 weeks of age.

Guest donatella

10 weeks isn't too old is it?? It might be 11 weeks by the time we get her. It's still quite a good age to get them right???

Why is a 10 week old pup still available? Is it a registered breeder?

Some breeders (like me for instance) don't even PLACE puppies until 10 weeks of age.

I got both my girls at 11 and 12 weeks too.

Guest donatella

Ok now I have a real problem!!! I've got pick of 2 girls! Both are affectionate, one slightly more so than the other. Ones show quality and one is pet quality. I was interested in doing shows, but I have no idea about them, the time or money needed for it. I will share a pic when I get downstairs on the pc.

Show quality - slightly less affectionate than the other.

Pet quality - very affectionate and smaller than average.

I was in this very same predicament just 6 weeks ago except it was between a boy and a girl! The boy was show quality and the girl was not. I went to meet them and the girl crawled onto my lap and was the sweetest little thing while the boy in all his prettiness was too busy humping his mum and chewing up the carpet. Whilst I had my heart set on a pretty show dog I ended up getting the girl as her temperament won me over and I really didn't have the time to get into showing at the moment as I believe you need a great mentor in the beginning to show you the ropes and yes it can be costly (well at least in my breed).

It's official! As of (hopefully) Sunday she will be coming home! :whee::happydance2:

Now just have to name her...

post-37947-0-06486000-1351083848_thumb.jpg

Yay!

I vote for Pond :D

What is on your shortlist?

Haha :rofl: more of a long list! No particular order...

Amelia Pond (doctor who reference)

Lilly / Tigerlilly (just like it)

Odette (swan princess)

Luna (sailor moon)

Serena (see above)

Rose (my daughters suggestion)

Periwinkle (tinkerbelle sister)

Sweetie Belle (my little pony)

Seraphina and Ophelia I love but I know probably too long for a pup.

It was suggested Nala to match my Simba lol but not overly fond of it. Trying to find one thing punchy and feminine, but a bit unusual? Big on fantasy names.

Edited by Llante

It's official! As of (hopefully) Sunday she will be coming home! :whee::happydance2:

Now just have to name her...

post-37947-0-06486000-1351083848_thumb.jpg

Yay!

I vote for Pond :D

What is on your shortlist?

Haha :rofl: more of a long list! No particular order...

Amelia Pond (doctor who reference)

Lilly / Tigerlilly (just like it)

Odette (swan princess)

Luna (sailor moon)

Serena (see above)

Rose (my daughters suggestion)

Periwinkle (tinkerbelle sister)

Sweetie Belle (my little pony)

Seraphina and Ophelia I love but I know probably too long for a pup.

All of them are cute ... you could always wait till you meet her and see what suits her?

Just remember you have to call it out in public, like at the park, so something like Periwinkle or Sweetie Belle could get a bit embarrasing :rofl:

Haha yes, unless they got the MLP reference. Saving scootaloo for my horse :rofl:

I loved Bunny but that's too cute for an adult dog.

Looking at the list like that I think the short list is:

Luna

Lilly

Amelia Pond (can call pond, Mia, Amy)

Edited by Llante

Haha yes, unless they got the MLP reference. Saving scootaloo for my horse :rofl:

I loved Bunny but that's too cute for an adult dog.

Looking at the list like that I think the short list is:

Luna

Lilly

Amelia Pond (can call pond, Mia, Amy)

I love the name Luna - but I'm biased as it's what I named my dog :D

Thank you :D :D

Having fun looking at all the fun things to buy her!!! Going a bit crazy :rofl: Already made 2 cleanrun orders, and scouring eBay for the CUTEST things, mostly from Korea it seems!

7054-3.jpg

c70b0bcb.jpg (It's a fancy collar)

2.jpg (christmas outfit)

DSC05796.JPG (everyday collar)

I want, but not getting: josephine-harness-3.jpg?rnum=502184 Because my husband will kill me if I spend this much & I doubt my pup will last long in it. Seems very small :mad .

Another name in the ring, I've got it down to Luna and Melody and I'll decide when I meet her. (Melody Pond is Amelia Pond's daughter. I prefer Melody to Amelia)

Edited by Llante

Another name in the ring, I've got it down to Luna and Melody and I'll decide when I meet her. (Melody Pond is Amelia Pond's daughter. I prefer Melody to Amelia)

Luna was on my list of girl dog names. One of my four legged family members has a three syllable name and I think I'll stick to one or two in the future, unless I was really fond of the shortened version of the name. I do like Pond too. Quirky and cool for the Dr Who reference! :D