Leostory

jelly

I created the site leostory.org 3 years ago as a site dedicated to leo, which, for those of you who weren't around at the time, you can probably still read about if you do a search through the forums. I promised to continue to run the site for between 1 and 3 years. I am just letting anyone who remembers it or has linked it from their site know that I am shutting it down. It's an expense I can't afford and I havn't really had any site revisions to do in the last year or so.

It had, at last glance 6100 hits since April 2007 when I put the counter up.

The domain name runs out on the 21st and I have requested that the hosting account be closed, it may still be there for a bit longer, but will disappear within the next day or so. If anyone wants to buy the name or use any information off the site you're welcome to it, but as I said it should not be up there much longer.

jelly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was reading about leo yesterday here on the forum but i can find the thread now ... i really would like to read the rest of it if someone could help me find it :love: it was linked in another thread and i'm a dufus when using the search facility...

the offers of help in that thread are again being displayed here and that warms my heart ... leo's story is one that should remain the warning to everyone.

i took a look at your website just now and the pix in the 3 photo galleries filled my heart with joy ... leo has found himself again :)

good luck with keeping leo's story alive :laugh:

I would be more than happy to host it for free, indefinitely, if someone is able to pick up the expense of the domain name registration :) Just let me know.

That is a lovley offer Allerzeit :love: , I do hope the offer is taken up. Leo's story is one that should be kept for all to see.

H this is my first post, I came across Leostory and read it, and I am so glad you found each other. But I am puzzled at the end of the story you said you asked Leo's original owner if if you could keep him, if I got the story right he gave up all rights to him when he sold him, you are the only one in Leo's life that actually treated him as a dog and not a piece of merchandise, Leo claimed you your his best friend ,you dont have to ask, I honestly get very confused when I read some of these rescue stories.

You will only have to renew the domain. This usually isn't much. I work for a registrar and renewing a domain is about $29.95 a year but it can vary everywhere. I can see it is at enom but I am not to sure how much it costs there. It can be transferred over to another registrar. Whoever takes over the domain I am happy to answer questions, as I work in the customer care department of my company.

I would be happy to put money toward the renewal.

spiff, i think you will find leo's original owner is a member here, who bred him, he was due to go back there,after she found out what had happened to him, but stayed with his new mum who fell in love with him aftr picking him up . :rofl:

still remember the story so well as it unfolded :(

Me and my partner would be happy to host leostory free of charge too. If you can keep a copy of the html, I am happy to purchase the domain name. I am in regular contact with Leo's current owner, I will let her know.

Jelly

You have done an amazing job and Leo and I are forever grateful for your hard work and dedication to the site you created. It has saved many dogs and changed many peoples attitudes to pet shop pups. Many people are still touched by the website and his story....

I cannot afford to take it over or I would.

I am very happy that other people are offering and I sincerly hope that someone is able to help.

As for Leo's original owner.............she was offered Leo back again from the people who allowed Leo to get into this state. He was in such a bad state and know one, not even our vet was sure he would pull through.

Thanks again Jelly

Cindy and Leo