Shar Pei

Guest Pandii

Am looking for help to reduce the amount of fur left in clouds inside thehouse

I have never seen a dog moult like Seb does

I dont have any experience with grooming a dog like him, Dante is wash and wear :love:

Any help please, so I can reduce the amount of time I have to clean house.

Oh Pandii - good luck. Suck him up with the vacuum... :love:

If you lived closer I would say bring him over here and we could both get stuck in to him together. Hydrobath and powerful drier makes it much easier.

I find a rubber kong zoom groom when in the bath helps heaps - really pulls the dead coat out - wash / dry well and go for it with a furminator.

When really blowing coat just keep grooming...

I feel your pain, Piper is blowing coat now and so is Lizzy - luckily for me Pink isn't. I don't wash my dogs all that much but while they are blowing coat they are in the bath every week until I get on top of them.

Edited by Andisa

He seems to blow coat about 4 times a year, or when the weather changes

I bath him but that seems to leave more hair, should I blow dry him more than I am??

I will have to get a new brush, mine got a bit chewed :love:

So when he is blowing coat I groom every day for how long??

Dante is great with hers, a brush once a week and shes great

I'd die with a sibe, no one told me how much a pei shed, everytime he shakes i get a fur cloud, I have had other dog owners look in disbeliefe

I use the dyer at the DIY dog bath, should I get a dryer and do him at home, would a human dryer work???

I swear I coul make another dog out of his fur each day

I have a Labrador... and I can sympathise... *grin*

I have snowdrifts in my house at the moment - clean them up, they are back the next day. I've tried stripping brushes, etc... not much really seems to put a dent in the Summer coat drop... *sigh*

T.

I use the dyer at the DIY dog bath, should I get a dryer and do him at home, would a human dryer work???

I swear I coul make another dog out of his fur each day

No a human dryer doesn't have the force you need to blow the coat out :laugh:

As a BC owner, I can only sympathise with you and say that the person who invents a vacuum brush attachment for grooming dogs is going to be very rich indeed!

At least we don't have sibes :laugh:

I don't think I can ever complain about Darcy's hair shedding now, I hardly even notice it amongst all the Sibe hairballs :rofl:

Peis never struck me as hardcore shedders! Just think of it as little drops of love around your house :laugh:

I was lazy and didn't groom Rove for the last couple of weeks. I just did him this morning and it was like black snow had fallen in my garden :rofl: I was absolutely covered!

I find the water pressure in a hydrobath gets rid of a lot of dead fur after you've given them a good brush, too. During coat drop season it may be easier to do just a little a day, every day, because if you do sit there and brush & brush & brush it'll just keep coming. You could be there for HOURS and the little dead buggers will just keep taunting you on the brush!

I never thought of them as shedders either, but my Sebbi does.

I will just keep brushing and washing and brushing and washing, its just so much work to keep the house dog hair free

I will just keep brushing and washing and brushing and washing, its just so much work to keep the house dog hair free

I feel for you...no one ever told me ACDs shed. :laugh: Spot leaves clouds of hair when he shakes and when he sheds his summer coat the dust outside is 1/2 dirt 1/2 hair!!!

I do think Shar Peis should come with a warning sticker :laugh:

I had a vizzla person here one night and Seb shook and had this huge fur cloud around him, the look on the vizzla owners face was priceless

Generally Sharpei dont shed but I have noticed that the brushcoats seem to shed more than horsecoats. I NEVER see one hair of Daisy except when I brush her (about once a week if she is lucky). Fuchsia will permanently shed even though she is a horsecoat but she has soft fur like a brushcoat, just the length of horsecoat. Every time she shakes there is a small cloud of fur.

Secret is to have a dog the same colour as your floorboards and then you dont notice the loose fur!

I think that is your problem.... trying to keep the house hair free. Embrace the hair! :curtsey:

I would embrace the hair but there is so much of it :curtsey:

Sebs a brush coat, and its soft, real soft but it falls out constantly and i have carpet :heart: