poodlefan

Studies About Dogs

126 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, Ngaire Ingham said:

Agree - my 8 week old pup died within days of the first vaccination of C3

Sorry your pup died.   However many many pups are killed by parvo, and without vaccination the numbers would be staggering.  A lot of testing has been done on vaccines, and the preponderance of evidence says they are safe.

Fake news isn't confined to human politics.  Dogsnaturally is a strongly biased source.  I started checking sources on the article Jed cites.  The first article cited as anti vaccination concludes: "Conclusions/significance: There was no evidence to support an association between routine vaccination and thyroiditis at 
postmortem examination in beagle dogs after repeated vaccination.". I'd suggest checking all the references before believing the article...or blaming vaccination for your puppy's death.

• Like 2

If you have dogs with cancer... this is a site which you might find useful.... www.ketopetsanctuary.com

An interesting podcast.  Interview of a neuroscientist who has done extensive work using MRI to study what goes on in the minds of dogs and other animals.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/sciencesalon/ss022_Gregory_Berns_rec2017_09_01_post2018_04_16.mp3?dest-id=513978

P.s. this goes off to an animal rights discussion that may bother some.

Edited by sandgrubber
Further thoughts

eterson   

"Frontiers in Neuroscience published one of the first studies using brain imaging to probe how our canine companions process words they have been taught to associate with objects, conducted by scientists at Emory University. The results suggest that dogs have at least a rudimentary neural representation of meaning for words they have been taught, differentiating words they have heard before from those they have not."

I also considered this question in my small study on sociology, which was written with the help of such essay writing services. And I think that this assumption can be applied to other mammals.

https://news.emory.edu/stories/2018/10/esc_dogs_process_words/campus.html

Edited by eterson
  • Like 1