Didn't Make The News, But Yet Another Attack!

Keduf

Hi everyone

It's been a while since I visited but I really need to vent and figure this is the place for it!

2 nights ago whilst out walking his 2 chihuahuas, my friend and his 2 beloved pets were attacked...One of them now has more than 50 stitches, whilst the other, who is now 15yrs old, has a pin in his leg...Until the vet went into the leg, they weren't sure whether they could save it or it would have to be amputated..Not to mention whether his aged little heart would survive the trauma of surgery!! An ambulance had to be called for my friend who tried with all his might to save his beloved pets from being killed..He kept passing out and people who came to his aid thought he was having a heart attack...He suffered concussion from hitting his head when he passed out and needless to say, he and his pets are traumatized...And it was only weeks ago that the mother of another friend had her beloved poodle ripped to shreds by 2 dogs that entered her beach house (this incident did make the news)....

I'm not sure what the penalties are for owners of dogs that are left to wander the streets and attack as they please, but they need to be harsher and maybe this would make owners take a bit more responsibility!!

My friend is now left with an $8000 vet bill which he is more than happy to pay as his dogs have survived, but it's just not fair!!!

I'm not sure what the penalties are for owners of dogs that are left to wander the streets and attack as they please, but they need to be harsher and maybe this would make owners take a bit more responsibility!!

My friend is now left with an $8000 vet bill which he is more than happy to pay as his dogs have survived, but it's just not fair!!!

No it's not fair. Not just the terror, pain and cost, but that they'll probably find it hard to regain the pleasure of those walks without feeling unsafe in their own neighbourhood.

Best wishes for your friend's recovery, and for his dogs.

I cannot understand why people allow their dogs to roam free no matter what breed or size they are....I think some people need to take a good look at themselves....we have a jack russell wander around here and when he goes past the kids (in their own front yard) he tries to bite them....he has collars and tags on so obviously is someones pet...i hope your friend and his dogs a speedy recovery

OMG your poor friend and his doggies, I hope they all have a speedy recovery and hope that they knew whose dog it was that attacked them, I know what its like to go through as I lost a little dog 11 years ago from a dog attack is something you never get over. My best wishes go to your friend and his little mates.

Edited by mutt lover

Have just spoken to my friend and pleased to report he and his dogs are slowly recovering..They even managed a little wag of their tails when they were reunited! Unfortunately, he has no idea of who owns this dog but is going to be keeping an eye out for it!

Edited by Keduf