Where To Get Meat In Brisbane?

I feed my dogs a mainly raw meat diet - I usually have a source of ox hearts, ox kidneys etc which are quite cheap because I buy by the box (20+ kgs at a time), but since Xmas my source has dried up. It may start again soon (fingers crossed), but in the meantime I need some ideas about other places I can get a consistent supply; I am sick of paying $5.00 kg at woolies for ox hearts. I am looking for a place in Brissy that I can get heart, offal etc for my dogs. I am happy to buy it in large quantities and to cut it up myself; I am happy to drive a distance if I can get what I want for a reasonable price. Any suggestions appreciated. :rofl:

From this thread: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=156406

Good Luck with finding what you are after :D

QLD

Canine Country

http://www.caninecountry.com.au/

2/39 Station Road

Woodridge QLD 4114

Canine Country at Woodridge:I recently got some of their Barf mixes and am really impressed by them,I only live about 3 minutes drive from Bigdog Petfoods but I still think I'd rather make the 45 minute drive to Canine Country to get their Barf mixes in the future.

Big Dog Pet Foods

http://bigdogpetfoods.com/

Unit 5 & 6, 3 Jacques Court,

Lawnton QLD 4503

Bigdog Pet Foods at Lawnton:Good range of RMB's,Barf patties/minces and natural treats,although to be honest I'm personally not as happy with the newer barf patties

Aussie Pet Foods in Caboolture:The best place I've found for the Kangaroo tails and Kangaroo meat chunks,that make up a large part of Bosco's diet.

Jack Purcell Meats at Geebung:A HUGE pet food section for a butchers shop,they carry most of the stuff that raw feeders like to give their dogs (lamb hearts,livers and kidneys,beef hearts and livers,pigs hearts,trotters and sometimes half heads,chicken necks,giblets,chicken frames and minced frames,lamb shanks,lamb flaps and lamb brisket).You can also get stuff like chicken maryland,wings,drumsticks and bone-in-thighs,turkey drumsticks etc. from the regular section for really good prices.They also sell stuff like rabbit,venison and goat for the people who can afford to feed it.

Morgans Seafood at Scarborough:Huge range of fresh fish.I get Bosco's sardines,salmon heads and salmon frames from here.

Samie's Girl Seafood at Hamilton - near the new Portside district on Hercules Street, sell Salmon Heads for $3.00 each

West Moreton Pet Foods

81 Glebe Rd, Silkstone, QLD 4304

PH: (07) 32811277 Jason or Tammy

Big Gun Butchers at Underwood:

Frozen 10kg (or there about) boxes of Turkey Tails and Lamb flaps. $20-$30 Turkey tails I think are little more expensive but they are HUGE! You will need a deep freezer. I get the box, partly defrost enough to break into smaller meals then refreeze.

Busby's Pet Meat & Supplies

Address: 35 Berserker St, Berserker, QLD, 4701

Phone number: (07) 49285138

Gold Coast

Pet Deli

66 Bundall Road

Bundall Qld

http://petdeli.net.au/

A Northside Brisbane one is Chermside Quality Meats in the shopping centre up near Coles I buy 10/15kg box of chicken mince for nxt to nothing fresh then I bag it and freeze it into portions I wnt. I think they also have 1kgbags frzn cheap chicken necks and frames as well! I just ring and ask them for it and tell them a day I'll drop down and pick it up!

Lotsa Pet Food in Woodridge are also selling a small range of Big Dog and they sell all varieties of bones at a good price. They also sell 12kg boxes of chicken necks. Their BARF is heaps cheaper than Dr B's with no grain in it.

Wow, great list! Thanx! I get my mince at Canine Counrty, but I'm more interested in non minced options. Will try Jack Purcell...that sounds great! :thumbsup:

Jack Purcells is the best.They have a big section devoted to pet meats and are quite cheap,as an example beef hearts are $1.90/kg.Another good thing about them is you can ring up and they'll put your order aside.I always used miss out on lamb necks,now I call up in the morning and order a few trays and they call me in the arvo when they're ready.

Went to Jack Purcells, but they really didn't have anything I was after; just some chicken hearts which were a bit exxy (maybe Sunday is not the right day?). However, went to Rock & Roll butcher on the other side of town at Greenslopes and got loads of stuff; lamb kidneys, ox liver, lamb off cuts etc! My freezer is now packed!!! :banghead:

Edited by New Age Outlaw

Went to Jack Purcells, but they really didn't have anything I was after; just some chicken hearts which were a bit exxy (maybe Sunday is not the right day?). However, went to Rock & Roll butcher on the other side of town at Greenslopes and got loads of stuff; lamb kidneys, ox liver, lamb off cuts etc! My freezer is now packed!!! :banghead:

Might be worth putting their details to that thread :laugh::banghead:

Good prices at the Rock and Roll butcher?

Yep! $1 kg for lamb kidneys, $1.99 for ox liver (actually he gave me a bit of a discount off that price because I bought so much of it! ;) ), $3.99 kg for something called "lean trimmings" which look like all the fatty and meaty bits that get disgarded when they are trimming off the meat - no bones in it either! :)

The only thing is, the guy was telling me they dn't always have all the offal...it's just a matter of what turns up with the deliveries, so a good idea to ring first and ask what they have before popping over there. :)