Vaccination Reaction/allergy?

Toohey

Hi Ci i agree about not turning this into an arguement but when someone comes out and says

You are probably the kind of people that don't vaccinate your kids either!!

This really frustrates me when I here about people NOT vaccinating, for gods sake be serious about your dogs health!!!!!!!!!!

It kind of makes it personal, i dont think anyone here would take to kindly someone who doesn't even know them telling them they not only neglect there dog but there kids as well.

Alot of people who are not vaccinating there dogs every year have done the research we didn't wake up one morning and decided thats it no more vaccinations.

gusgem none of us have said we do not vaccinate at all, my older dog had every vaccination up until he was 5, it just was not worth the risk to vaccinate him any more and he is the healthiest i have seen him in years, no skin problems, no more vomiting for no reason, no big lumps on his body where he was vaccinated that would remain for weeks, the list goes on. My younger dog has had all puppy vaccinations and the one year booster so far as well.

Well, it is done! They both got their C5 Vacs.

I spoke to the vet at length and she said that if either react then call her straight away

The clinic is slowly going towards herbal mediciations and she said that she is starting a course in the herbal vacs that are now avaibled so when they are are due again in another 3/4 years that that is what she will be using on them.

She said keep a close eye on Tex because of his allegric reaction to products like Revolution (don't know if you remember when that happened) and told me what to look for. And not vaccinate him ever again if he reacts.

She said is will happen within the next hour or so if it is going to so fingers crossed!!!

Edited by Ci

I will ask this - you people as adults - when was YOUR last vaccination, for anything?

Dont seem to vaccinate people every year....... or even every 5-10 years. We only vaccinate kids becouse later in live we carry antibodies and dont need the boosters....... why do dogs do?

Guest Dianne

Hmm interesting thread.

Well my oldies are no longer vaccinated yearly, for all the reasons above..and no I don't have yearly vacs. either.

I work in a HIGH RISK AREA for Hep B.C. and Hiv. I'm a PeriOperative Nurse, even we don't have yearly shots for these, we have blood titres, and shots as the results indicate...and my tetnus shots are due every 10 years I think it now is..unless comprimised

Back to another statement:

QUOTE (gusgem @ 7th Jan 2005 - 08:04 AM)

I thought when you signed down the bottom of the entry form, you were signing that your dogs were fully covered against vaccinatible disease? 

nope...I have 2 entry forms in front of me one maybe older than the other... under my sig. and address 1st from says:

I agree to make this exhibit available for random testing for banned substances as directed by the VC.A. OFFICIALS

the 2nd. form:

NOTE: WRITING MUST BE IN INK, AND ALL NAMES OF DOGS IN BLOCK LETTERS
:eek:

nothing on back of forms either.

Dianne

The NSW ones say "I certify that this exhibit withing the said period of three months been in kennels affected with Distemper, CAnine Hepatitis, Parvo Virus or any other contagious or infectious disease ans that the dog has been vaccinated."

;)

Well, both my two survived!

They are both feeling alittle sorry for themselves on Friday night and didn't look 100% but not so sick that I thought - I have to get them to the vet's.

The vet warned me that most dogs do react a little and may get a fever and be off colour as they are injecting a diease into the dogs.

Both of them slept on top of me - which means they were not feeling too good.

And Saturday they were alittle tired but basically back to their usual selfs.

So I don't have to worry about it for another four or so years and by then the vet will be doing the homeiopathic vacs!!

Edited by Ci