Peta Planning To Open An Office In Australia

gundoglover

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethical Treatment of Animals my ASS

PETA rehomining rate of 1 out of 300, is this true?

OH MY GOD

Yeah that is right.

I remember somewhere reading that in the space of a year, they had 21,000+ animals surrendered to them. Out of all of them, TWELVE were rehomed!

I'll actually be glad if they can hasten some changes to live exporting.

But I don't tend to hate PETA so much. I was vegan and supported them some 10 years ago. These days I wouldn't attatch myself to them in any way or form, but still reckon they do SOME good.

There's a general concensus in sociology that it takes radical as well as conservative activism to bring about changes, so I see this in a similar light.

(again, I stress, I don't mean to say I agree with PETA as a whole!!) I'm just hopeful that it will do some good.

Sorry if I've got the wrong user-name, but aren't you eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy?

If this much of loonies get their way your puppy would be killed to save it from a life of suffering because it is is "pit bull".

These people are not interested in what is best and most humane for animals and anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Jeez I hope they don't come here. They cause enough trouble elsewhere. Unfortunately they suck in loads of animal lovers thinking they are supporting a whorthwhile cause :thumbsup:

Yes, it is worrying, particularly occurring so close to the establishment of the Animal Justice Party. I do hope that this is only coincidence.

It might be an idea for the people who were able to put all that information about PETA on this thread to email the information to ABC rural news. Maybe they would consider doing a follow-up story to educate the unsuspecting public.

“The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats... If people want toys, they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they should seek it with their own kind.”

— Animals, May 1993

Problem is, no-one of my "own-kind" could possibly be as honest; as forgiving; as non-judgemental; as ready to go for a walk/play/work when I am; as happy to share and rejoice in quiet company with me; as happy to watch the same TV shows with me, without quibble; as stoic in the face of discomfort/ill health; and as ever-ready to thrill in the sheer joy of life for every moment life provides (even though we're not going away on holidays or doing anything unusual); as my dog is.

Its important to spread the word about what they are like, many people only see "care for animals", they don't really understand what PETA is about, its important to never donate money to any organization that promotes violance and anti social behaviour.

Since they also want to stop all animal ownership they will never get my vote.

“The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats... If people want toys, they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they should seek it with their own kind.”

— Animals, May 1993

Problem is, no-one of my "own-kind" could possibly be as honest; as forgiving; as non-judgemental; as ready to go for a walk/play/work when I am; as happy to share and rejoice in quiet company with me; as happy to watch the same TV shows with me, without quibble; as stoic in the face of discomfort/ill health; and as ever-ready to thrill in the sheer joy of life for every moment life provides (even though we're not going away on holidays or doing anything unusual); as my dog is.

Well said, Erny. Could you imagine a whole world filled with people who have no close association with dogs. I don't think that would be the kind of planet I would like to live on.

I agree, Kynta. And besides, I wouldn't want the people that I know - albeit they be my good friends, even - to sit/lay on my lap and snooze whilst I snooze. LOL

And if any one of them dragged their tongue up my cheek, I think I'd hit them. :eek: . And let's not talk about where they might put their cold wet noses :clap:.

Oh, but wait - they generally don't possess cold, wet noses.

Edited by Erny

Lol if I didn't have my animal friends I'd have very few friends left :eek: I liken PETA to Scientology, very cultish, make no sense whatsoever and like to take your money :clap:

I reckon one of us should get a job with them and be the official DOL spy :cry:

This has always intrigued me

What happens to the animals when they are all released and we have enjoyment from a distance until we need the land for all the crops we will need to plant in order to feed us and clothe us is this just something no one thinks about till it hits us and we all go "ohhh yeah.... we never thought about that"

I'll actually be glad if they can hasten some changes to live exporting.

But I don't tend to hate PETA so much. I was vegan and supported them some 10 years ago. These days I wouldn't attatch myself to them in any way or form, but still reckon they do SOME good.

There's a general concensus in sociology that it takes radical as well as conservative activism to bring about changes, so I see this in a similar light.

(again, I stress, I don't mean to say I agree with PETA as a whole!!) I'm just hopeful that it will do some good.

Sorry if I've got the wrong user-name, but aren't you eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy?

If this much of loonies get their way your puppy would be killed to save it from a life of suffering because it is is "pit bull".

These people are not interested in what is best and most humane for animals and anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves

No, you're right - I'm waiting for my staffy pup.

But once again, I didn't say I agree with PETA (I most definitely don't). I don't believe they will ever "get their way" because it's so far left field that they won't ever get enough support for their radical views. HOWEVER, I believe they do serve a purpose in 'holding the radical line' - which is an important catalyst for change (of the good sort).

Much the same as I don't agree with a lot of things greenpeace do, but respect that they need to exist, and that their existence serves a purpose. :laugh:

This has always intrigued me

What happens to the animals when they are all released and we have enjoyment from a distance until we need the land for all the crops we will need to plant in order to feed us and clothe us is this just something no one thinks about till it hits us and we all go "ohhh yeah.... we never thought about that"

It's a bit ridiculous anyway. As if humandkind doesn't manipulate all animals - even the wild ones. I don't really see much difference. I think lots of PETA's 'views' are simply a way to be as radical as they can be, as some don't tie in together very well!

I have an idea. Lets find out where they are planning on setting up their office, then we can stand outside and throw blood at them, like they do at KFC :mad Or we could just cut to the chase and blow the place up.

You could throw tofu at them :eek:

I have an idea. Lets find out where they are planning on setting up their office, then we can stand outside and throw blood at them, like they do at KFC :rofl: Or we could just cut to the chase and blow the place up.

You could throw tofu at them :eek:

:mad Somehow I don't think it would have the same effect...