Peta Planning To Open An Office In Australia

gundoglover

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has always intrigued me

What happens to the animals when they are all released and we have enjoyment from a distance until we need the land for all the crops we will need to plant in order to feed us and clothe us is this just something no one thinks about till it hits us and we all go "ohhh yeah.... we never thought about that"

Well, presumably they go down the pathway towards extinction along with the mass of other species for which humans have no use.

After reading those statements to the press I have to wonder why Australia is allowing them to set up an office here ?

Do they know about these statements ?

If not, why not ?

Regardless of agreeing with their aims or not their methods of obtaining them are so extreme,dangerous & illegal an office should not be allowed here. Scary stuff.

After reading those statements to the press I have to wonder why Australia is allowing them to set up an office here ?

Do they know about these statements ?

If not, why not ?

Regardless of agreeing with their aims or not their methods of obtaining them are so extreme,dangerous & illegal an office should not be allowed here. Scary stuff.

because we are a 'free country' and that stopping an entire organisation on some simple media whoring comments would send the civil libetarians up in arms

apparently everyone has a right to their opinion and to express it :D that and the government it always too gutless to put its foot down. Frankly anyone disturbing the peace like this, ban visas for life

If I see ONE of those Peta minions trying to ram anything down my throat it's on. They're not here for the good of the animals, they do not understand animal behavior, they have no education etc they simply have a rose tinted goody goody BS view that in fact CAUSES more suffering then it helps. All they are is media whore terrorists under some warm and fuzzy guise. I've been targeted by some Peta nutjobs before. The stupidity level of their members is incredible, it's simple brainwashing and the sad thing is in the US they allow it at school age level. Now if only they could brainwash them to ALL DRINK THE DAMN COOL-AID AND DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR.

Probably because it's pretty hard to take an organisation seriously when they're quoted coming out with moronic statements like this.

The human race could go extinct and I for one would not shed any tears.

I mean really, does that look like it came out of the mouth of someone who had an IQ higher than his shoe size? It's all the genetically modified soy beans they eat, I tell ya.

The idea of PETAsetting up shop here is appalling and I don't think that they can be compared to Greenpeace who do have good intentions, PETA have none at all. If these people are openly talking of using violence and thuggery as ways of getting their own way couldn't the government class them as terrorists and ban them. But then perhaps I'm a bit silly for expecting the politicians to do something useful.

Pam

Probably because it's pretty hard to take an organisation seriously when they're quoted coming out with moronic statements like this.

The human race could go extinct and I for one would not shed any tears.

I mean really, does that look like it came out of the mouth of someone who had an IQ higher than his shoe size? It's all the genetically modified soy beans they eat, I tell ya.

LOL ..... of course the person wouldn't shed any tears. He/she would be extinct. So that was a pretty safe statement to make. Der.

Time to check with our local politicians what their stance is in regards to PETA.

And vote accordingly.

LOL ..... of course the person wouldn't shed any tears. He/she would be extinct. So that was a pretty safe statement to make. Der.

:eek: Can you 'go extinct' though? Maybe he didnt realise that hemp fabric is not meant for smoking, poor lad.

I read a book written by one of the current head honchos at Peta. I expected it to be full of crazy over the top statements but it wasnt. it was an interesting read and made me see them in a different light.

It described sit ins and demonstrations at KFC but said nothing about arson or physical voilence.

Only going by what I read I would think they could do good here with issues like sow stalls and battery hens. I think that sometimes over the top action is needed to get things like this changed (i dont agree with arson and physical violence at all)

Most of us have heard about sow stalls and battery hens but if pictures of the animals suffering in those conditions were plastered around town these issues could be brought to EVERYONES attention and not just animal lovers who may be more aware of issues animals face.

Its very confusing for me to decide where I stand with PETA

The Nazi party believed in making a better Germany for their people ... delve deeper and look what that actually entailed.

Peta believes that animals should have rights and not be treated so cruelly .. yet they support terrorism, violence against human beings and the mass extinction of animals as pets.

Hows the choice looking now. Just because something has a glossy exterior doesnt mean the core isn't rotten. And Peta is maggot infested right down to the center. They believe in better lives for animals at the expense of other animals and the human race.

You want to support someone, go support Hugh Fernley Whittingstal. He is against the battery farming, the cruel conditions and is all for a more healthy, sustainable lifestyle where animals are free range and provided with happy lives, a quick death and not one bit is wasted. For people to get out from behind the TV and get out into the garden, to eat fresh non processed foods and to generally lead a happier life. Now there is animal welfare with someone who has a clue and about what is realistically sustainable.

Edited by Nekhbet

Is that the guy who does the t.v. show "River Cottage". He is pretty much of the same opinion. Believes in giving the animals a good life and humanely end their lives. I'm not big on battery hens or eggs. We eat organic, free range, chicken and you CAN taste the difference.

I'd love to have a self sufficiency hobby farm but the sheep, chooks, cows etc would all have pet names, be cuddled every day and then I wouldn't have the heart to neck them :( .

I read a book written by one of the current head honchos at Peta. I expected it to be full of crazy over the top statements but it wasnt. it was an interesting read and made me see them in a different light.

It described sit ins and demonstrations at KFC but said nothing about arson or physical voilence.

Only going by what I read I would think they could do good here with issues like sow stalls and battery hens. I think that sometimes over the top action is needed to get things like this changed (i dont agree with arson and physical violence at all)

Most of us have heard about sow stalls and battery hens but if pictures of the animals suffering in those conditions were plastered around town these issues could be brought to EVERYONES attention and not just animal lovers who may be more aware of issues animals face.

This might help :(

activistcash - PETA

edited to add link to financial donors

Edited by Powerlegs

This has always intrigued me

What happens to the animals when they are all released and we have enjoyment from a distance until we need the land for all the crops we will need to plant in order to feed us and clothe us is this just something no one thinks about till it hits us and we all go "ohhh yeah.... we never thought about that"

Yes, there have been studies that looked at the amount of land that would be needed to supply the current human population with enough protein from vegetable sources to survive. Even if every square inch of suitable land on the planet were used (including remaining animal habitat), it wouldn't be enough. So, a decrease in human population would be needed.... I suggest members of PETA should put their mouths where their principles are, and go first!

Is that the guy who does the t.v. show "River Cottage". He is pretty much of the same opinion. Believes in giving the animals a good life and humanely end their lives. I'm not big on battery hens or eggs. We eat organic, free range, chicken and you CAN taste the difference.

Thats him alright! Excellent dude! The few shows Ive seen of his have impressed the hell out of me, in the way he teaches people where their food comes from and how it gets there! Its great to see people who wouldnt have touched a dead animal to be able to cut it up and prepare it correctly! I would love to spend a few months at River Cottage.

Back to the subject at hand - PETA. :rofl:

If they gave as much a shit about animals as they pretended to I may support them, until then, in my opinion, they can (in the words of Simon Pegg & Nick Frost) - :( JOG ON!!!!!!!

Raz - I dont think Id like to see that :o ;)

Rat