Kissing A Sniffer Dog

PuggaWuggles

Fiddler patron busted for kissing sniffer dog - http://rouse-hill-times.whereilive.com.au/...ng-sniffer-dog/

A Mean Fiddler patron tried to kiss a police sniffer dog.

A PATRON at the Mean Fiddler Hotel in Rouse Hill has been charged after he tried to pat and kiss a police drug dog.

As a result of his actions, he has been charged with several offences.

The man, 25, of St Marys, was in the pub at 8.45pm on January 24 when police dog Bodie and his handler walked through.

Police allege the man became aggressive when asked to leave the dog alone and capsicum spray had to be used to subdue him.

He was charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting a police officer and failing to leave licensed premises when directed.

Hills crime manager Det-Chief Insp Wayne Murray said that police were conducting an operation and securing the licensed premises.

``We will allege the accused tried to kiss or touch the dog,’’ he said.

``The dog handler moved in and got between the man and the dog while other police came in to protect Bodie.

``The police dog is considered to be part of the policing contingent and the same security measures are taken as if it was a police officer.’’

Det-Chief Insp Murray said this incident wasn’t a regular occurrence and if their space is invaded, the police would take action.

The man will face Parramatta Local Court on Friday, February 5.

Police allege the man became aggressive when asked to leave the dog alone and capsicum spray had to be used to subdue him.

He was charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting a police officer and failing to leave licensed premises when directed.

Sounds lke maybe the bolded part was what made them charge him, if he'd just been like "shorry offishers" and trundled off they prob wouldn't have given a crap. Just my opinion though I wasn't there.

Oh yeh rightio. He might be a fool to try and play with a police dog but is this some kind of joke or what ? He was charged with assaulting a police officer for patting and kissing the dog ?

Sounds lke maybe the bolded part was what made them charge him, if he'd just been like "shorry offishers" and trundled off they prob wouldn't have given a crap. Just my opinion though I wasn't there.

I dare say it would be, seeing as the charge is for assaulting a police officer. He has not been charged with any offence for interfering with the police dog.

Edited by Jeff Jones

ahh crazy :thumbsup:

its one of those places though, we used to live near that area, and there was always crazy stuff happening at the Mean Fiddler.

Sounds like somewhere I'd like :D Does it have live music? Do Irish musicians busk there? It sounds like that kind of place :rofl:

ahh crazy

its one of those places though, we used to live near that area, and there was always crazy stuff happening at the Mean Fiddler.

Sounds like somewhere I'd like :rofl: Does it have live music? Do Irish musicians busk there? It sounds like that kind of place :thumbsup:

yeah it sounds all irish and fun; but there was always heaps of fights there; it was pretty violent.

not crazy fun; crazy crazy, if ya know what I mean :D

Oh yeh rightio. He might be a fool to try and play with a police dog but is this some kind of joke or what ? He was charged with assaulting a police officer for patting and kissing the dog ?

I dare say it would be, seeing as the charge is for assaulting a police officer. He has not been charged with any offence for interfering with the police dog.

The dog is a police officer and the charge of assault police applies equally to the dogs (or horses) as it does to the human cops. My guess is the assault charge is for the initial offence against the dog, the resist is when they applied the spray and the refuse to leave is just so they could get the daily trifecta :laugh:

Thats right I think it reads that way, there is nothing in the sequence of events that suggests a physical assault on a human police officer, it sounds like the assault charge is for patting and kissing the dog.

Its emphasized that the police will allege the dog was kissed or touched, and then it follows to say that the officers had to step in to "protect" the dog, presumably from what they deem as an "assault".

I think that if more information doesnt come to light clearing this thing up and making it sound a bit more rational its going to end up on blog sites all over the world, a bit like when they prosecuted a kid for recieving a stolen fredo a few months back.

Edited by Lo Pan

The dog is a police officer and the charge of assault police applies equally to the dogs (or horses) as it does to the human cops. My guess is the assault charge is for the initial offence against the dog, the resist is when they applied the spray and the refuse to leave is just so they could get the daily trifecta :laugh:

No a Police Dog in NSW is not considered a "Police Officer" under any legislation in NSW. If a person was charged with "assaulting a police officer" for assaulting a police dog the case would be thrown out of court.