Dpi Survey Re Dangerous Dog Laws

Keduf

Yes, this same survey has been posted in the BSL section.

It is re: the proposed legislation for council officers to be able to immediately destroy any dog that resembles a dangerous dog, even without the dog committing a dangerous act.

I encourage everyone to make it clear you want irresponsible owners punished, not dogs that just happen to be large or of a certain breed appearance etc.

It is re: the proposed legislation for council officers to be able to immediately destroy any dog that resembles a dangerous dog, even without the dog committing a dangerous act.

I encourage everyone to make it clear you want irresponsible owners punished, not dogs that just happen to be large or of a certain breed appearance etc.

Sorry, didn't see it already posted..

I wholeheartedly agree that it is the irresponsible owners who should be punished..Maybe if the penalties were harsher, they might be more inclined to provide secure enclosures and that a dog shouldn't be destroyed purely based upon it's breed or size...

And not for people with potentially the wrong or insufficient training (along with the brain wash of breed bias) to have the power to decide whether a dog needs or deserves to be euthanased.

I have made my submission.