Sad Story Of Dog Attack

k9angel

wasn't it its own yard? was pulled through the fence? They need to redo fencing by the sound of it. Poor dog, poor kids.

From the way it was written, I got the impression that the dog was out, and went up to someone else's fence. It says that the dog ran and hid under a car, then at the end the grandmother says "He usually stays in the yard."

oh I must have misread it - I thought it said he was pulled through from his yard to the other dog's yard.

It says the dog was pulled through A fence by the neighbours dog, nowhere does it say he was in his own backyard when this happened.

Dont know whats news worthy about that. Dog fight, small dog lost, no kidding. It does read as though the dog was loose, and more than likely the little guy was in on the act just as much as the big guy, if he was close enough to be pulled through the fence suggest they where at odds with each other at the fenceline.

If there living with their grandmother they may not have had time to build a fence, lets admit it with the funneral I'm sure they were thinking of other things.

Well, I can understand that, but as sad as their situation is, there is no excuse to allow a dog to roam. The poor family who own the rotty will now suffer as well, if their dog is targeted as dangerous. The dog could have been hit by a car, anything. I would have thought they would want to keep the dog confined to save themselves more heartbreak...

It is not uncommon for people to have loose dogs in this area. I met someone at the pound, looking for a new dog, I was helping until they told me they didn't have fencing but their two dogs "always stay in the yard".

I have previously met someone who'd lost 3 dogs in 3 years - all run over by cars on the road. He said he didn't know why they'd run away on those particular days because they always stayed in the yard (unfenced of course) normally. He was going to keep trying, he said it was all about finding the right dog and was now getting one from a breeder. What an f---wit but sadly not unusual attitude in many parts of this country.

I'll go out on a limb here, but I would imagine the pull of the story is the poor children who almost lost their pup, two days after their parents funeral

Theres always an excuse to dramatize a non event, they do it all the time. If it wasnt this it would be something else, and who is hurt by this kind of garbage reporting ? Our innocent dogs.

Now they have hurt the name of the Rottwieller, who sounds as though he was in his yard, never mind the fact that the little guy was allowed to roam around looking for trouble, never mind the other dozen that happened the same way in Australia that day.

I'll go out on a limb here, but I would imagine the pull of the story is the poor children who almost lost their pup, two days after their parents funeral

Theres always an excuse to dramatize a non event, they do it all the time. If it wasnt this it would be something else, and who is hurt by this kind of garbage reporting ? Our innocent dogs.

Now they have hurt the name of the Rottwieller, who sounds as though he was in his yard, never mind the fact that the little guy was allowed to roam around looking for trouble, never mind the other dozen that happened the same way in Australia that day.

IMO the dogs are not the focus of the story here, but rather the children, and the readers empathy to how they would be thinking/feeling if their family dog had died.

Who cares who's to blame? The kids should be the focus of this story.

IMO the dogs are not the focus of the story here, but rather the children, and the readers empathy to how they would be thinking/feeling if their family dog had died.

Who cares who's to blame? The kids should be the focus of this story.

Judging on the comments that were left under the article by readers, I think its pretty clear that the focus was on the "evil rottweiler" who supposedly caused the problem. Comments such as all these kinds of dogs need to be destroyed/banned/blah blah blah just like any other dog attack story.