Another Dog Attack

Boronia

What a horrid thing to happen to an oldie. Even if he's not seriously hurt, I'm sure he's emotionally gutted.

I keep hoping to read that they impounded the owner, but it never seems to happen.

I hope this is treated as a serious crime. I would say having your dog killed is at least as bad as getting mugged or raped, and should be treated equally seriously. If people don't control their dogs, they should be held accountable for the outcomes.

Edited by sandgrubber

I hope this is treated as a serious crime..... If people don't control their dogs, they should be held accountable for the outcomes.

Couldn't agree more. What's even worse is something I encountered recently - where dogs are deliberately set onto someone elses dogs.

I was walking my dogs (on leads) past a friends house the other day and I realised the friend was being visited by a local guy who owns 2 aggressive kelpies. I saw the dogs in the back of the ute sitting in my friends driveway and just as I registered they were there, they suddenly leapt off the ute, hackles up and rushed at my dogs with ferocious growls and snarls etc. Fortunately for all of us they were too stupid to go to the open gate and instead tried to cut diagonally across in front of us so they came up against a tall picket fence. We had time to run down the street and get back to my house before they realised the gate was open. We were lucky, this could have ended with dogs and me injured or killed.

Later I learnt from my friend that the dogs owner had deliberately "skitched" his dogs onto mine!!!! :o WHy? Apparently he thought it was "funny".

He deserves to be locked up and to me this is a criminal act - an assault.

I hope this is treated as a serious crime..... If people don't control their dogs, they should be held accountable for the outcomes.

Couldn't agree more. What's even worse is something I encountered recently - where dogs are deliberately set onto someone elses dogs.

I was walking my dogs (on leads) past a friends house the other day and I realised the friend was being visited by a local guy who owns 2 aggressive kelpies. I saw the dogs in the back of the ute sitting in my friends driveway and just as I registered they were there, they suddenly leapt off the ute, hackles up and rushed at my dogs with ferocious growls and snarls etc. Fortunately for all of us they were too stupid to go to the open gate and instead tried to cut diagonally across in front of us so they came up against a tall picket fence. We had time to run down the street and get back to my house before they realised the gate was open. We were lucky, this could have ended with dogs and me injured or killed.

Later I learnt from my friend that the dogs owner had deliberately "skitched" his dogs onto mine!!!! :heart: WHy? Apparently he thought it was "funny".

He deserves to be locked up and to me this is a criminal act - an assault.

do you know if your friend tried to stop this person doing what he did. If not, I would reconsider the friend bit

There wasn't really any time for him to stop the twit from doing it. My friend was inside and heard him say "skitch it" out on the verandah. By the time he realised what the lunatic kelpie owner had done I was long gone and he found the idiot laughing on the verandah about how he'd set his dogs onto that woman with her dalmatians. He told told the idiot off and then told me what he'd done.