Disposable Dog (need To Vent)

mish13

It's a nylon muzzle that makes the barking motion hard to do, it's slightly elastic.

The HusherTM is a very simple but effective training aid. It is made from stretchable elastic, with webbing around the elastic to limit the expansion of the dog's snout. The elastic exerts a firm yet humane pressure around the snout, similar to that applied by a canine pack leader to maintain dominance.

When pressure is applied around their snout, the controlled expansion of The HusherTM tires the muscles very easily. After a few short barks, dogs find it easier and less tiresome not to exhibit nuisance behaviour.

havnt seen one work yet. Just increases anxiety

It's a nylon muzzle that makes the barking motion hard to do, it's slightly elastic.
The HusherTM is a very simple but effective training aid. It is made from stretchable elastic, with webbing around the elastic to limit the expansion of the dog's snout. The elastic exerts a firm yet humane pressure around the snout, similar to that applied by a canine pack leader to maintain dominance.

When pressure is applied around their snout, the controlled expansion of The HusherTM tires the muscles very easily. After a few short barks, dogs find it easier and less tiresome not to exhibit nuisance behaviour.

havnt seen one work yet. Just increases anxiety

Unfortunately, go and volunteer at a shelter eg RSPCA, VAAT, and see how many are surrender dogs. Often many are not due to behaviour issues but because people can't be bother looking after their pet when they have health problems, don't want to take them when they move or just had a baby so don't want the pet anymore (I think this one tops the lot, especially when they have been family members for 8 to 10 years!!!!) When I have spoken to people wanting to get rid of their pets due to having a baby I ask if they will get rid of the first child when they have a second one.

I just dont understand people. It really saddens and baffles me how people can treat members of their family with such disregard.

we have two normal, naughty, over energetic, loveable pups. there have been some frustrating, almost black times (me standing in the kitchen at 3am screaming 'stop biting my clothes! springs to mind- this was before obedience training). our doorways have been chewed. i have lost 3 sheet sets. our clothes line has been broken. my floors are muddy 5 minutes after i spend 2 hours vacumming and mopping them. we cant afford a holiday as one of the dogs needed surgery.

never, for one moment, have i ever contemplated giving either of them up. not for one millisecond. i would be lost without them.

i'm not a saint, just an animal lover that honours the commitment one makes when they CHOOSE to take an animal into their family.

Hear, hear.. so well said!