Sign in to follow this  
Danois

The Great Dane Thread (part 2)

22,632 posts in this topic

raineth   

My baby's name is Rajah and he arrives on Saturday - I think Friday night will be sleepless from the excitement!

I have seen barely any Danes in Adelaide but the ones I have seen are fawn or black.

Did you find out if the mating was successful Danelover?

Definitely sounds like you had your hands full Tatelina!

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend :)

Very regal name! So exciting too Saturday is sooooo close! Can't wait to see all the photos (hint, hint) :D

Do we get to know where your boy is coming from? :)

Tatelina   

My baby's name is Rajah and he arrives on Saturday - I think Friday night will be sleepless from the excitement!

I have seen barely any Danes in Adelaide but the ones I have seen are fawn or black.

Did you find out if the mating was successful Danelover?

Definitely sounds like you had your hands full Tatelina!

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend :)

EXCITING!!

Jocus   

I keep telling my cats that their brother is arriving soon - they look less than impressed lol

Rajah is an Underane baby :)

Photos will abound when he arrives - I think I'm suddenly going to become very popular once he's here. My sister has already volunteered to look after him if my husband and I go away lol

Danois   

Awww! FM - Whitney is looking very regal these days. How has she been going?

She is going okay. She had a few anxiety issues, but is much better now.

She is such a sweet, loving girl, although a bit clingy with me. She hasn't got a mean or aggressive bone in her body, such a love bug :D

I am so glad we have her as she is such a clown and very lively at 8 years of age.

raineth   

awwww Whitney!!! Isn't she just gorgeous! look at that sweet face of hers :)

and How is Harry going FM?

Harry is going really well, he's back to his clown self and full of beans (and wind!).

He has recovered remarkably well, but every time he seems a bit "off" I go into panic mode. I'm really trying t relax and enjoy both dogs without being paranoid, but I am a work in progress :laugh:

Aww look at those grey hairs, what a sweetie pie

It's funny, she went grey overnight when she had her ACL operation! She was a bit grey before that, but when I visited her I was surprised how much more grey she was. Even the vet noticed. She is 8 yo, so I guess it's also natural, but I'm sure her opp made it happen faster.

raineth   

Harry is going really well, he's back to his clown self and full of beans (and wind!).

He has recovered remarkably well, but every time he seems a bit "off" I go into panic mode. I'm really trying t relax and enjoy both dogs without being paranoid, but I am a work in progress :laugh:

Oh dear I know! Especially after such a scary incident as you had with Harry.

Once after Digby had a coughing fit, I worried that he might have lung cancer :o

I blame the lung cancer add which had played only five minutes before on the tv.

Jocus   

You're definitely not the only one - I've only had Rajah for 2 days and I freaked out that cos he has hiccups! Lol.

Whitney looks so refined with the grey :)

Jocus   

I was just wondering what pet insurance everyone uses? I have 4 free weeks with petplan who I've heard are the best but does anyone have any first hand feedback on the insurers?

Thanks a lot :)

sas   

I was just wondering what pet insurance everyone uses? I have 4 free weeks with petplan who I've heard are the best but does anyone have any first hand feedback on the insurers?

Thanks a lot :)

I think they're all pretty much the same in the end....at one point or another they'll piss you off by raising your fees or not paying out.

We're with Petplan, I was with RSPCA before that.

Jocus   

Thanks sas - I figured as much, they are insurance companies after all!