Sign in to follow this  
Danois

The Great Dane Thread (part 2)

22,632 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what pet insurance everyone uses? I have 4 free weeks with petplan who I've heard are the best but does anyone have any first hand feedback on the insurers?

Thanks a lot :)

I think they're all pretty much the same in the end....at one point or another they'll piss you off by raising your fees or not paying out.

We're with Petplan, I was with RSPCA before that.

Will the shop part be coming back to this site? Since we're *hopefully* getting our dane baby in a couple of months I was asking hubby to buy me some stuff for my upcoming birthday but it's GONE :eek: Will another state be taking over??? please say yes or I'll cry :cry:

raineth   

You're definitely not the only one - I've only had Rajah for 2 days and I freaked out that cos he has hiccups! Lol.

Whitney looks so refined with the grey :)

Whaaaaaat! You've had him for two days and no pics for us :eek:

Come on we need to properly 'meet' him :)

Tatelina   

You're definitely not the only one - I've only had Rajah for 2 days and I freaked out that cos he has hiccups! Lol.

Whitney looks so refined with the grey :)

Whaaaaaat! You've had him for two days and no pics for us :eek:

Come on we need to properly 'meet' him :)

Yes, yes! Puppy piccies please!

Jocus   

LOL I tried to upload some yesterday but it keeps saying they are too big and I'm not sure how to reduce them on my iPhone.

He's so cute but very cheeky!

raineth   

Oh no! I don't know anything about uploading from a phone because I have a dumb phone, but with normal photos I upload to photobucket and stick the link in here :)

dididog   

If you make a photobucket account you can upload from your phone or there's also an app, then you can just copy the image url from photobucket and paste it in using the insert image button :) (troublesome I know but puppy photos will be appreciated!)

dididog   

Also, are danes supposed to be very vocal? Didi makes so many noises! She has her 'I don't want to do this' grumble and a 'no don't leave me' cry as well as the 'sooky bum nothing is really wrong but i want to complain' whinge and when she plays/gets really wound up she makes lots of growly half bark noises. She doesn't bark much, only to alert me to something/if somebody is suspicious but she makes so many other noises!

Jocus   

iframe>

Hopefully this works! Let me know if the link doesn't work :)

Edited by Jocus

dididog   

Didnt work :( i think you have to go on a computer to right click and select 'copy image url' rather than just copying the url of the page displaying the photo if that makes sense??

Photobucket can be a tricky beast but once you do it right once you'll be fine Jocus - DYING for photos!!!

4 sleeps until I know if my dane baby is in the making :crossfingers:

Tatelina   

iframe>

Hopefully this works! Let me know if the link doesn't work :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PUPPY!!!

image_zps1e21e604.jpg

I pasted your link into my URL to find the album, then clicked on 'share' to see the whole album, then picked a photo to bring it up, and then on the right hand side there's 4 different links that you can copy (I used the IMG link)

Such a cute boofa! Love his wrinkles!! :)

Jocus   

Thank you for pasting the photo :) I'll work out photobucket at some stage!

Don't let his cute exterior fool you - he is a menace lol but worth every second of it!

He's learning that the clicker means treats already! So clever! Although finding treats he can be bothered working for is hard! So far roast chicken and cheese have been his faves but hard to carry around!

Jocus   

image_zps22c4da6d.jpg

When he's sleepy it's the only time I can get him to sit still for photos lol

Jocus   

image_zps50809e1b.jpg

Don't annoy me with photos while I'm sleeping mama!