Sign in to follow this  
Danois

The Great Dane Thread (part 2)

22,632 posts in this topic

stormie   

Everyone meet Baxter - I pick him up next saturday, he is 7 weeks in these photos

Congratulations on your puppy :)

Just a little word of advice from a lurker if that's ok, but please please make sure your puppy gets a proper vaccination from a Vet. There's no such thing as homeopathic vaccination and I'm not sure what 'natural vaccination' is. But the only way a puppy or a dog can develop antibodies and subsequent immunity to a virus like parvo is either by vaccination or by encountering the virus within the body, ie getting parvo, and if they survive, then have immunity. It's just not worth the risk doing it 'naturally'. :)

Haha thanks, random warning there :) All my dogs are always vaccinated by my vet of 10 years, thank you for the advice though :thumbsup:

Sorry, I just recognised the photo from the ad and knew the breeder had written that puppies would be vacc'd either allopathically or naturally, hence my post :)

eta: fingers crossed for Digby, Raineth! I'm one of those paranoid people too. Think it comes with the job - I know too much so when I see lumps and bumps, all the possibilities come into my head.

I'll go back to lurking now :)

Edited by stormie

Digby has been a bit unwell lately and tomorrow he is going in for some chest x-rays and a FNA done on a lump that has come up on his groin in the last couple of days.

So I want everyone to wish him good luck.

Gosh don't you just feel awful when they are so excited to get in the car, and then you turn up at the vet, and they're like "oh" :(

Sending woofs, licks & leans from us!

Better to care thatn igonre, raineth.

LOVE

:love:

Everyone meet Baxter - I pick him up next saturday, he is 7 weeks in these photos

Just a little word of advice from a lurker if that's ok, but please please make sure your puppy gets a proper vaccination from a Vet. There's no such thing as homeopathic vaccination and I'm not sure what 'natural vaccination' is. But the only way a puppy or a dog can develop antibodies and subsequent immunity to a virus like parvo is either by vaccination or by encountering the virus within the body, ie getting parvo, and if they survive, then have immunity. It's just not worth the risk doing it 'naturally'. :)

Haha thanks, random warning there :) All my dogs are always vaccinated by my vet of 10 years, thank you for the advice though :thumbsup:

Sorry, I just recognised the photo from the ad and knew the breeder had written that puppies would be vacc'd either allopathically or naturally, hence my post :)

eta: fingers crossed for Digby, Raineth! I'm one of those paranoid people too. Think it comes with the job - I know too much so when I see lumps and bumps, all the possibilities come into my head.

Ohhhhh hahaha I was like ummm random!

raineth   

Yes it came up so quickly, and went big so quickly too, and then the vet said that it looks to be in a lymph gland, and all I can think is 'that doesn't sound good.

Then he's got this mystery cough on top of it all, and he's lost around 7 or 8 kgs and its so hard not to be very worried about him :(

sas   

Digby has been a bit unwell lately and tomorrow he is going in for some chest x-rays and a FNA done on a lump that has come up on his groin in the last couple of days.

So I want everyone to wish him good luck.

Gosh don't you just feel awful when they are so excited to get in the car, and then you turn up at the vet, and they're like "oh" :(

Digs, don't scare your Mum! I hope you are on the mend soon!

raineth   

I'm afraid the news is very grim.

He has lymphoma :cry: A mass in his chest.

Vet does not recommend chemo :cry: my darling Diggers, I just can't believe it.

raineth   

I am writing a list of all the things we have to do together, all the things he loves doing.

I think I might go back to feeding raw for a while as he loved that, I only stopped because I found he got so fat on it.

First on the list though is going out for an icecream, he'll just love that.

Oh Raineth.

I just went to post that i was sending my thoughts to you and then read the devastating news.

Im sorry hun, cancer sucks, and life sucks big time...Cherish what you have left with the beautiful boy.

DaneLover23, congrats on your new addition

Oh Raineth I'm so sorry, Digby is such a special boy. I have no words to help you only that I'm thinking of you and your family. :cry:

sas   

I am writing a list of all the things we have to do together, all the things he loves doing.

I think I might go back to feeding raw for a while as he loved that, I only stopped because I found he got so fat on it.

I'm just heart broken, I don't know what to say *massive hugs*

I don't know if you have the budget but Augustine Approved were doing $800 Cancer kits that were having some good results.

Just sucks, really does!

stormie   

Oh gosh Raineth my heart breaks for you.

A list is a beautiful idea, Digby couldn't be any more loved.

*hugs* to you

raineth   

Thanks for your support guys , it does help.

He's snoring on our bed at the moment. And he looks beautiful. His fur is so soft and shiny, your would just never think that something like that is going on inside him.

Aww honey I'm so sorry, this is not the news any of us wanted to hear :-(

I think the list is a fantastic idea & take a million photos so you can look back & smile on the good times you have together

dididog   

I'm so terribly sorry Raineth :( The list sounds wonderful though, it sounds like you will be making him a very happy and content boy.

Oh Raineth I'm so sorry to hear this. I love your idea of a list to do everything Digby loves to do. Wish there was something I could do or say to make it all better, enjoy your time with the gorgeous lovable Digby, hugs to you and your family.

dogslife   

Oh Raineth,

I am so sorry. Digby has been a favourite of mine since I met him all those years ago at Kaz's. I adored him them, and still do.

I love looking at his photos. I would have taken him home in a heartbeat if I could have then.

If you need to chat or ideas, Ella has had Lymphoma since Feb 2013 and it turned to bone cancer a few weeks ago.

Please give him a cuddle from me. Hugs.

raineth   

I'm just heart broken, I don't know what to say *massive hugs*

I don't know if you have the budget but Augustine Approved were doing $800 Cancer kits that were having some good results.

Just sucks, really does!

Sorry I overlooked this before, thanks I will look into it :)

raineth   

Oh Raineth,

I am so sorry. Digby has been a favourite of mine since I met him all those years ago at Kaz's. I adored him them, and still do.

I love looking at his photos. I would have taken him home in a heartbeat if I could have then.

If you need to chat or ideas, Ella has had Lymphoma since Feb 2013 and it turned to bone cancer a few weeks ago.

Please give him a cuddle from me. Hugs.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that it has turned to bone cancer dogs :( these dogs break your heart don't they?

Can I ask if you went with Chemo?

Danois   

I'm a bit lost for words Raineth :(

Love the idea of the list and god damn it - too bad if he gets fat!

I did something similar with Angus - did everything for the absolute now, gave him soft serve, would curl up on his bed for cuddles etc - made the days I had with him absolutely count.