Sign in to follow this  
Danois

The Great Dane Thread (part 2)

22,632 posts in this topic

Perdy   

Welcome Gloria & Kristi!

What a cutie Amadeus! Does Pandora respond well to her name? Just curious... you don't often hear of a dog with a 3 syllable name!

Poor Orbee :(

We had an interesting walk tonight... it's council collection day tomorrow so everyone has piled their crap outside. Sash & I had a great time playing 'Check it out' game! It was dark, so there was crazy silhouettes on the side of the road. She earned most of her dinner by sniffing and climbing over all the stuff. The best thing was someone had piled up 4 mattresses, she had a great time jumping up on them :laugh:

Amadeus   

Welcome Kristi, look forward to seeing and hearing more about your dogs.

YAY for Scooby the Gooby!!

Oh Amadeus Pandora is looking so so lovely!

thanks Stormie - I'm pretty happy with how she is shaping up at the moment! What terrific service for Orbie's food, no wonder you're really happy with that!

What a cutie Amadeus! Does Pandora respond well to her name? Just curious... you don't often hear of a dog with a 3 syllable name!

Well, at home she went from Pandora to Dora the Explorer, to Explorer, to Splorers - so she gets called splorers alot LOL!!!! I DO use Pandora most of the time and she certainly knows its her name and responds. The accent is on 'dora' so I guess thats what she hears. I was against calling her Pandora because I knew it would get shortened in a way I didn't like - but must admit, I wasn't expecting "splorers" LOL! My son made the decision to name her when she was about 3 weeks old.

Perdy   

Well, at home she went from Pandora to Dora the Explorer, to Explorer, to Splorers - so she gets called splorers alot LOL!!!! I DO use Pandora most of the time and she certainly knows its her name and responds. The accent is on 'dora' so I guess thats what she hears. I was against calling her Pandora because I knew it would get shortened in a way I didn't like - but must admit, I wasn't expecting "splorers" LOL! My son made the decision to name her when she was about 3 weeks old.

:rofl: :rofl: How funny! I purposefully wanted a short name to yell around an agility course but now I think about it, I actually lengthen Mars all the time to Marzipan, Mars Bar, Marsilicious, and of course all of these with Mr in front as well :rofl:

D & D   

:crossfingers: for Orbee. Big YAY for his meat guy though.............awesome service :thumbsup:

:welcome: Kristi. Looking forward to hearing about your dogs.

:laugh: Dozer was nearly going to be a Dora..............until she got here and plowed through the garden :laugh:

Welcome Gloria and noodles.

I can t seem to keep up with the tread ATM wig sick kids etc etc and stripe needing more antibiotics to get rid of this damn absess, so please excuse my non replying it's not intentional.

Off to watch true blood night all

Danois   

Hey Nic! Sorry you could not make it on the weekend but we'll definitely be doing it again!

Hi Noodles - welcome on board!

Love the names we come up with! Boo was Baloo to start with but I ended up dropping the 'al'out of the middle! Admittedly he gets called Booby or Balbooby (thanks to Stormie!) or Boosie most of the time.

stormie   

Oh I hear you on the name evolution! Orbit = Orbis = Porpoise = Porpee = Lorpee = Lorper = Cyndi Lauper = Lorpitus. I'm sure there's many many more :o

Sorry to hear things are so hectic and sick your way Nic :( Hope the kidlets get better soon and Mr Stripey's mankiness clears up very soon.

stormie   

Hey Nic! Sorry you could not make it on the weekend but we'll definitely be doing it again!

Hi Noodles - welcome on board!

Love the names we come up with! Boo was Baloo to start with but I ended up dropping the 'al'out of the middle! Admittedly he gets called Booby or Balbooby (thanks to Stormie!) or Boosie most of the time.

BALOOOBY!

sas   

Dante - Dman - Mr Dante - Pup Pup

Leila - Lee - Lei Lei - Baby Girl - Queen Leila

Kirra - Brat - Pup

Danois   

Dante - Dman - Mr Dante - Spawn of Satan - Pup Pup

Just fixed that one up for you!

BiggD   

Just beautiful Gloria! I can smell the puppy breath from here! :laugh:

I have Maggi 6yo( MaggiDoo, Magger Dagger) Ally 13 months( Ally Pally aka Feryl Beryl) and Tiga 20 months( Tigger, Tiggs, Tiger Boy and other names when he refuses to come back in at night!)

Edited by BiggD

Tee hee lovin the nick names we all use.

Stripe gets..... Stripeyz, stripsikle, mummas boy, daddy stripes, ole man, sexy boy, mr stripez.

Loomis the wanna be Dane gets...... Loomie, loomie woomie, mr loomis.

And when nitro was here he was always called mr ni ni

raineth   

ooohhh! Gloria is the sweetest thing :angel: so adorable!

hehe I love the sound of Balooby!

Digby gets Diggles, Digbert, DigFat, and DigFat Diaries

Delta's just gets Del, Deldel, or Delsmell. Which is a bit unfair as she's not a smelly dog.

sas   

Dante - Dman - Mr Dante - Spawn of Satan - Pup Pup

Just fixed that one up for you!

Poor boy, he's not SOS anymore.

mando   

Hey everyone, just thought i would upload some new pics of Indy. She is now 5months, a bit younger in the photo's. Full of energy and learning her boundaries. She has a big heart and is such a sweetheart. Great photos of all your beautiful danes. Cant wait to get our second dane at the end of the year...

latestcrapindyandkids014.jpg

latestcrapindyandkids016.jpg

INDY2006.jpg

In these photos she is 19 weeks, will have to get the camera out and take some even more recent ones

raineth   

she really does like to be upside down doesn't she :D

What are her Dam and Sire's colour? (just wondering about the Blue Harl :))