Sign in to follow this  
Danois

The Great Dane Thread (part 2)

22,632 posts in this topic

SwaY   

Does anyone know which day the danes will be showing at the Melbourne Royal this year? (sway I might be looking at you.....) I missed them last year and would like to fix that this time around. Thanks!

Sunday 25, Sept.

Not sure what time we are on yet, we don't know until the day.

We are 2nd in the schedule so hopefully that is the order we take.

There is usually 60+ entries, I have 3 entered this year.

sas   

GREAT DANE BOOK:

For those who offered to read the draft and were sent to link, how are you going with it, ideally we'd like to send it away for proofing next week. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Our first download link died so there is a new one in-case you haven't been able to download it. For those who just can't download it for reason please let me know today as I'll be going to the Post Office to send CD's. Unfortunately printed Draft copies aren't available at this - just via download or on CD. [email protected]

SwaY   

Hurry up and go on sale already!!

Can we pre-order?

sas   

Can we pre-order?

Heya, book sales will be directly from the publisher but the budget version which is printed and spiral bounded will be available from me.

SwaY   

Can we pre-order?

Heya, book sales will be directly from the publisher but the budget version which is printed and spiral bounded will be available from me.

Looking forward to it !

Which makes more money for great Dane rescue - the publisher version or home-bound version? I'll buy the one the had more profits going GDR!! :)

sas   

Which makes more money for great Dane rescue - the publisher version or home-bound version? I'll buy the one the had more profits going GDR!! :)

Not sure yet :)

SwaY   

Sway and Hudson having a nap on Blondie's lap.

254661_2178744464961_1137368401_32590981_3254886_n.jpg

223625_2183331659638_1137368401_32596288_2111307_n.jpg

Edited by SwaY

Pheebs   

Awwww what a lovely shot, Sway!!!

And a huge thank you to Meg!!! :thanks: for the wonderful cushion cover for little Lucy Lucifer.

Admittedly she was eating it within 30 seconds of going into the crate but it's in tact thus far!!! :dancingelephant::crossfingers:

post-1327-0-33997800-1313667196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pheebs

D & D   

Awwww what a lovely shot, Sway!!!

And a huge thank you to Meg!!! :thanks: for the wonderful cushion cover for little Lucy Lucifer.

Admittedly she was eating it within 30 seconds of going into the crate but it's in tact thus far!!! :dancingelephant::crossfingers:

Aw crap!! It's pink, so Dollop had to lay on it and try it out.................. ;)

Pheebs   

Aw crap!! It's pink, so Dollop had to lay on it and try it out.................. ;)

Naturally! Only the best quality assurance measures in place!

sas   

FUNDRAISING:

Hi! We have 2 Pedigree Great Danes coming into care next week, both are unable to go back to their Breeders, both need temperament assessments and training + Boarding.

Our Behaviourist will do this for $10 per day - per dog. I'm hoping the male can be placed more quickly as it sounds like it's the female the needs more work done with her, they are of course both un-de-sexed so will need the chop!

With any hope the bitch is not pregnant after a recent mating as this is the 4th time she has been unsuccessfully mated by this dog.

Both are good with kids and have lived with a Jack Russel (for anyone whose interested going forward once we have more information on them).

The boarding costs + de-sexing are going to add up quickly for us to cover personally, so we're going to be selling tug toys again as a fundraiser and also shamefully asking for Contributions to: Sacha Packer BSB: 062005 Account: 10098323, please use 'Contribution' as your reference so we know what the incoming amount is for.

Even small amounts will be gratefully received!

Perdy   

FUNDRAISING:

Hi! We have 2 Pedigree Great Danes coming into care next week, both are unable to go back to their Breeders, both need temperament assessments and training + Boarding.

Our Behaviourist will do this for $10 per day - per dog. I'm hoping the male can be placed more quickly as it sounds like it's the female the needs more work done with her, they are of course both un-de-sexed so will need the chop!

With any hope the bitch is not pregnant after a recent mating as this is the 4th time she has been unsuccessfully mated by this dog.

Both are good with kids and have lived with a Jack Russel (for anyone whose interested going forward once we have more information on them).

The boarding costs + de-sexing are going to add up quickly for us to cover personally, so we're going to be selling tug toys again as a fundraiser and also shamefully asking for Contributions to: Sacha Packer BSB: 062005 Account: 10098323, please use 'Contribution' as your reference so we know what the incoming amount is for.

Even small amounts will be gratefully received!

There's nothing shameful about it... will transfer some $$ over the weekend.

sas   

Thanks so much! I hate asking for financial contributions as usually we manage but 2 at the same time is gonna be a bit of a killer.

stormie   

Oh woops I didn't write my name with the contribution thing, were we meant to?

Edited by stormie

sas   

Hudson looks like a grumpy Ewok! :laugh: cute as tho

Friday again:

post-33882-0-05278100-1313710678_thumb.jpg

What is that child doing on the sofa? Someone should boot it off!