Where To Stay For Cohuna Weekend?

ShellyBeggs

If they have one, try calling the local Visitor Info Centre - they usually have a list of pet friendly accommodation. Otherwise try takeabreak.com.au and in your search select the 'pet friendly' option - that site is a lifesaver! We got accommodation for Cup w'end one week before the event.

If they have one, try calling the local Visitor Info Centre - they usually have a list of pet friendly accommodation. Otherwise try takeabreak.com.au and in your search select the 'pet friendly' option - that site is a lifesaver! We got accommodation for Cup w'end one week before the event.

Thanks Lisa, I will give that a try.........

takeabreak and stayz have been no help so far as the accommodation is all booked

:D I do not do this show but have friends that do and they talk about staying very close to the show in a caravan Park in cabins...

So I know they have this place to stay......keep trying......I will try and contact friend and ask the name of the place for you...

Still not having any luck.......

The cohuna caravan parks..........websites state pets permitted on sites only...

Hmmmmm........

Where did people stay last year???

Edited for spelling!!!

Motel in Echuca last year. Year before across the river at Barham.

Cohuna caravan park is straight across the road from teh show grounds but getting there seems to be near impossible. They only have a few cabins.

Edited by yarracully

Last year we stayed in the caravan park directly oppositte the shows.

Dogs slept in crates on the verandah of the cabin.

I remember we had Non showies next door and around midnight my guys started

barking so I got up, the guys from next door had removed my dogs crate covers to See what was underneath :laugh: so the dogs barked at them.

No apologies or nothing, they had beer cans in their hands.

Last year it was extreamly hot and with little shade around the oval it was just bearable.

If these are cancelled due to extreme weather policy ask the accomodation if you loose your deposits?

BB

the caravan park is fully booked, usually books months in advance apparently. Last year i stayed at the Cohuna hotel/motel which was fine. rooms basic but has room for trailers to park. Rang them yesterday & they've still got rooms left if your quick

the caravan park is fully booked, usually books months in advance apparently. Last year i stayed at the Cohuna hotel/motel which was fine. rooms basic but has room for trailers to park. Rang them yesterday & they've still got rooms left if your quick

Caravan park still has tent sites. :thumbsup::thanks:

• 1 month later...

On a slightly different topic...

Is anyone able to Post basic directions on how to get there from Melbourne?

Would it be best to go through Bendigo, and if so where do I turn from there??

So many thanks everybody! :o

On a slightly different topic...

Is anyone able to Post basic directions on how to get there from Melbourne?

Would it be best to go through Bendigo, and if so where do I turn from there??

So many thanks everybody! :D

Where is the go. :o:rofl::):laugh:

Type in Cohuna Island Road, you bypass Bendigo and go through Elmore.