Cavalier Sold To Pets Paradise By A Registered Breeder

sugar

My kids friends mum just told me how PP sold her a kitten as a female, and just found out its a male.. She asked the PP staff over and over are you sure its a girl.. Yes, yes yes. Vaccination, microchip etc.. all said female. The Vet said nothing about 'she' being a 'he'... even though the cat has had x rays etc..

Can anything be done about this? ( she bought the kitten at Easter time last year)

(Dont want to get into she shouldnt have bought from PP etc.. she has learnt her lesson, and got suckered in)

How did they manage to go all that time without realising it was a male? Surely the vet would have noticed. What makes them think it is a male? It can be hard to tell with cats if you don't know what to look for...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kids friends mum just told me how PP sold her a kitten as a female, and just found out its a male.. She asked the PP staff over and over are you sure its a girl.. Yes, yes yes. Vaccination, microchip etc.. all said female. The Vet said nothing about 'she' being a 'he'... even though the cat has had x rays etc..

Can anything be done about this? ( she bought the kitten at Easter time last year)

(Dont want to get into she shouldnt have bought from PP etc.. she has learnt her lesson, and got suckered in)

How did they manage to go all that time without realising it was a male? Surely the vet would have noticed. What makes them think it is a male? It can be hard to tell with cats if you don't know what to look for...

The cat went to another vet and said its a male - took it back to the vet (PP vet) which said it was a female and they agreed they got it wrong.

Edited by sugar

The cat went to another vet and said its a male - took it back to the vet (PP vet) which said it was a female and they agreed they got it wrong.

Well, if they still have proof of purchase and can get the vet to maybe right a statement saying that the cat is actually male, they might be able to get their money back. However, if they do this they more than likely won't be able to keep the cat and I doubt PP would rehome it. There is also a possibility that they might deny having ever said the cat was female.

I would have thought that Pets Paradise could contribute the money towards the surgery, using the massive profits they make on many of the dogs they sell? Surely it would be enough, and more...

Seeing that they are going down the path of playing the innocent victims ('we've been sold a sick puppy from a breeder' :D ) - and how THEY would NEVER do such a thing (not considering the pup probably should have been health checked before they sold it) - that they would cough up the money to save a pup that THEY sold.

I wonder if they will try to raise the money for every ill healthed pup they sell then? :thumbsup:

Good points, Kelly-Louise. And the nerve of them expecting the public to finance surgery! Are they pretending they do rescue now?!

Well, if they still have proof of purchase and can get the vet to maybe right a statement saying that the cat is actually male, they might be able to get their money back. However, if they do this they more than likely won't be able to keep the cat and I doubt PP would rehome it. There is also a possibility that they might deny having ever said the cat was female.

They cant deny because on all the PP paperwork it says Female. Vacc/health guarantee/microchip etc..

OMG I am soooo tempted to send a letter to the PP head honchos and suggest that since they are suddenly so keen on saving the lives of the animals they have sold with congenital defects (which their health guarentee specifically does not cover) they might offer to reimburse the cost of my sibe's shunt op?

OMG I am soooo tempted to send a letter to the PP head honchos and suggest that since they are suddenly so keen on saving the lives of the animals they have sold with congenital defects (which their health guarentee specifically does not cover) they might offer to reimburse the cost of my sibe's shunt op?

do it

Can you add my choc labs surgery and vet bills to that letter too. They were not at all interested when I tried to tell them about his problems and requested they inform their "breeder".

More than a mere murmur of support for sick pup's plight

BY SANDRA BULL

15 Feb, 2010 08:59 AM

RESIDENTS have rushed to support Harry Heart Murmur, the pup with a broken heart who needs major surgery to survive past his first birthday.

As reported earlier, the King Charles Cavalier puppy will die unless an operation costing up to $10,000 goes ahead to close a leaking blood vessel from an inherited condition.

The owner of the Pets Paradise shop at the Parkmore shopping centre, Cally Loridas, said the response so far had been amazing.

"Obviously, we still need donations as we have raised a couple of thousand dollars," Mrs Loridas said last Friday.

"But I never expected such an outpouring. Pensioners are coming into the shop and giving very large sums of money.

"It makes you believe in humans again, there are beautiful, kind people out there."

Harry is living at Mrs Loridas' home until he recovers.

Anyone wanting to help Harry can give a donation at the Keysborough store for a chance to win a prize.

http://www.thejournal.com.au/news/local/ne...ht/1750843.aspx

That I do not know, all I know is that Dogs Victoria were made aware who it is and that they are no longer registering puppies, but the parents are papered and the breeder has basically said too bad. I have no involvement of either side, just made some enquiries that is all.

Thank you for following it up. It is in these types of situations that I would have hoped our canine controls (in this case Dogs Vic) would be proactive in issuing a media statement. The link has been made to them by calling the breeder a 'registered breeder' - the CC needs to say what action has been taken and to distance themselves from this type of person with the aim of 'raising the bar' and supporting/promoting the good name of those breeders who do abide by the COE. It needs to be made clear that this breeder is not a good 'registered breeder' and that the pet shop is only doing (with the publics support!) what an ethical breeder usually does if such events ever arise (and which they try to avoid happening through responsible breeding in the first place). That sort of information would have gone nicely in a follow up article. But the media cant print it if they dont have the info and the truth is most media articles are written as a resut of unsolicited media releases (maybe followed up with a few questions and a photo, but that is where they mostly start from). PP has grabbed onto a good publicity opportunity and run with it. A pity Dogs Vic didnt take the opportunity to do the same and profit from the opportunity as well.

Anyone wanting to help Harry can give a donation at the Keysborough store for a chance to win a prize.

'Yeah, (don't send it) come into the shop to donate, get sucked in by an offer of a prize....and then, while you are there, spend even more money!'

What an absolutely disgraceful and unethical marketing ploy. :):):)

Well I hope the money raised does go to the pup. Apparently one of the pp stores didn't pass on the donations collected for LDH.

Last year the stores had a xmas tree for donations. From what this person said, at the end of the day, all items which where purchased as a donation and hung on the tree, the manager would put them back on the shelf. :):):)

Did anyone see the comments on the original article? The sister of the person who bought the dog initially has commented, its quite sad that the poor families kids had to give their dog back ;) And for PP to be asking for donations so they can put the poor pup through surgery and then re-sell the pup... ;)