Police Dog Bites Man

PuggaWuggles

I can see what your saying Lo Pan but I think handlers do take responsibilty (most of the time) for their K9 partner. If they didnt they wouldnt show such caution in the first place.

Im not totally sure about the bite thing I think after a certain point it drives you to switch from fight to another option. However I dont really like the comments that the dog should have bitten harder but I dont take them seriously. I think the dog did what it had to and the fact it got hurt and so did the guy is just sad all round. For far to many reasons to type here :)

The dog snapped at the person BECAUSE they hit it. The dog didn't bite then the person hit in self defense.

It is easy - do as you told by the police and the dog won't even need to be used. Here's an even easier one - don't break the law in the first place, or at least don't bolt after you have done so.

It is the suspect who is the only one to blame for any dogs that are injured. Dogs have the same rights as a human police officer and any person injuring or attempting to injure them should be dealt with in the same way - or should I say dealt with more firmly as the laws and sentences are woefully inadequate at the moment.