Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done OSS - i think I saw a picture of your whippie doing agility - were there any other whippets in the trial?

Oh did you where abouts????

Nope just my two, but there was a Stumpy Tail cross who I would bet had a Whippet as a dad. He was very handsome.

I am also chuffed both dogs pulled off three rear crosses in the first 6 jumps on one course - we have been practicing them :)

Well done OOS of your achievements on the weekend - it was a close trial for you - which still meant a 4 hour 1 way trip - and your kids did really well in obedience, agility and the show ring - which show just how good they are and how good you are as a trainer. Well done mate thumbsup1.gif

Thank you Ptolomy, that means a lot to me.

I learnt so much about myself and my dogs. It will definately help me next time I go.

I got a bit annoyed at myself for a couple of things as the dogs did exactly as I asked, only problem was I didn't ask properly!!!

but all very good for my learning curve. The thing that impressed me the most what their attitude all weekend.

I also learnt I need to get fitter :D

And I need another mattress in my swag!!!

Woohoooooo well done OSS and kids!! That is a tremendous effort and fantastic results to boot! :cheer:

:shhh: don't tell my mum that I want to steal Pippa full time for training :rofl:

She is a hoot!! I was doing some circle work and restrained recalls tonight with a few line up at heel and drops and she is so much fun! She's go go go! Love it :D

Oh and I can't believe what an angel she is in her crate waiting for her turn! Yeah, I'm a bit smitten with this puppy :o Wouldn't get myself a mini schnauzer but she's a lot of fun as a rental dog laugh.gif

Here is the cheeky ninja herself!

post-25061-0-95726800-1321885356_thumb.jpg

post-25061-0-91077500-1321885613_thumb.jpg

Edited by RubyStar

Hey Rubystar thanks for the tips on making the solid jump - I decided that my electric fence posts weren't going to be strong enough - so dropped into Bunnings on the way home and yee har I have 2 uprights all glued. Just need the jump cups and to finish painting the wood and attached the side thingies (technical term) rofl1.gif

Meanwhile, Strauss is going through a learning bloom, so making the most of it - I have started seekback and directed jumping - hence the need for a solid jump!

Hey Rubystar thanks for the tips on making the solid jump - I decided that my electric fence posts weren't going to be strong enough - so dropped into Bunnings on the way home and yee har I have 2 uprights all glued. Just need the jump cups and to finish painting the wood and attached the side thingies (technical term) rofl1.gif

Meanwhile, Strauss is going through a learning bloom, so making the most of it - I have started seekback and directed jumping - hence the need for a solid jump!

If you can help me with attaching side thingies to mine, I will give you 2 free jump cups laugh.gif

Edit: my first attempt at a solid jump a couple of years back involved electric fence posts and very thin plywood. FAIL.

My next one is still using plywood but its a bit thicker. Would prefer a more solid wood because it bows a bit if not kept flat! Now I just need to be able to attach the board to my uprights!

Edited by RubyStar

It's funny now that I've entered a trial, everything is falling apart! :cry: She's dodging around the solid jump, looking at me like I've grown another head in distance control, anticipating the drop on recall and dropping in the sit stay!!!! Oh, and the other day ended up on my right side after a left about turn!

Guess we'd better get in some practise before the 4th!!!!

The only thing that's working is the broad jump- she used to jump on the boards, but I think we've almost cured that (thanks kallistar!!!)

Nik - hate to tell you but all that is normal - I am sure they watch us post the entries rofl1.gif

Rubystar - just waiting for my son to come home to help me with the side thingies. Not sure if the design I had in my brain is doable or not.......I will let you know wink.gif

Hi guys Big Congrates Oss on getting your passes :cheers: :cheers:

We had a double trial on Sat, 1st pass in Novice, 178/200 not bad could have done better, we had a slight detraction from a GSP who decided to zoomies through our ring (bugga), the dog was owned by another club member that I am with.

the 2nd trial we bombed with 110NQ, we pulled out of the stays, cause it pelted down with rain, Ollie & I started to look like drowned rats :cry:

Tonight's training went really well, very happy as we have 2 trials next week. the last for the year here in Vic.

Rubystar - just waiting for my son to come home to help me with the side thingies. Not sure if the design I had in my brain is doable or not.......I will let you know wink.gif

God he is brilliant thumbsup1.gif yep my idea was doable but he came up with something way better wink.gif Now I need to stop off and get some more paint.

Well done on your first novice pass Murve - its hard to believe that the season is coming to an end - but with 36 degrees forecast here for the next 2 days - its getting way too hot to do anything.

It's funny now that I've entered a trial, everything is falling apart! :cry: She's dodging around the solid jump, looking at me like I've grown another head in distance control, anticipating the drop on recall and dropping in the sit stay!!!! Oh, and the other day ended up on my right side after a left about turn!

Guess we'd better get in some practise before the 4th!!!!

The only thing that's working is the broad jump- she used to jump on the boards, but I think we've almost cured that (thanks kallistar!!!)

laugh.gif I laugh because yep that is what happens!!!! I'm sure she will pull it all together for the trial, or come pretty close ;)

What are you using as uprights for your solid jump? PVC pipe or wood or metal? I'm hoping to use PVC as I already bought the pieces to shove it in the ground.

Edit: just saw your next post - come on share with me, what did he do and can I put my hand up for one?! :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

What are you using as uprights for your solid jump? PVC pipe or wood or metal? I'm hoping to use PVC as I already bought the pieces to shove it in the ground.

Edit: just saw your next post - come on share with me, what did he do and can I put my hand up for one?! :rofl:

He used scent articles for the side thingies...... I need to show you wink.gif