Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, unfortunately do not have a club nearby that does traditional obedience, more companion dog training which I have been doing with Hudson. :)

Will do some youtube searches and have a look!

Check this out

You could download the rules and join Dogs NSW to keep in the loop for information

Check this out

You could download the rules and join Dogs NSW to keep in the loop for information

I know this is a little OT but what was the one point deducted for on the recall? I've replayed it and can't find any fault - what have I missed :shrug:

Check this out

I know this is a little OT but what was the one point deducted for on the recall? I've replayed it and can't find any fault - what have I missed :shrug:

i wonder if the sit at the present was a bit crooked or the heel up was a bit off-hard to tell at the angle of the filming. Bit steep though I reckon.

Thanks for the link, have been watching a few on youtube now. Next step is to work out how to train this. He understands the showring now and what is expected there, but need to teach him to heel and work on our stays + recall.

Hopefully be able to find some more useful into online. I want to make it different to what we currently do for conformation showing, as I would like to try and do both. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've discovered that windy days and training schnauzers don't mix too well :laugh:

Heeling Pippa today against the wind, poor bugger couldn't see me! Her beard was blowing into her eyes :rofl: I had to keep resetting and heel in the one direction so the beard would stay out of her face!!

As funny as it was, it could cause a few trialling issues :laugh: What to do? Tie both sides in piggy tails?! :rofl: Sue&Waldo, have you had this issue? :p

So I've discovered that windy days and training schnauzers don't mix too well :laugh:

Heeling Pippa today against the wind, poor bugger couldn't see me! Her beard was blowing into her eyes :rofl: I had to keep resetting and heel in the one direction so the beard would stay out of her face!!

As funny as it was, it could cause a few trialling issues :laugh: What to do? Tie both sides in piggy tails?! :rofl: Sue&Waldo, have you had this issue? :p

Oh yes we have battled with this. I hoped that as he grew out of his puppy coat his beard would become a little more wirey if you know what I mean. It hasn't. I now keep his beard shorter. Keeps it cleaner anyway! The main problem I have with the wind is the extra distraction level!

Fergus entered Movember last year, but he grew his mohawk instead. Raised over $400 too!

Lucy is growing her Mo this year.

Back OT, they are great to train. Because Lucy was kept in a puppy farm for the first few years of her life she didn't "learn to learn". However, what she doesn't have in problem solving skills, she makes up in raw enthusiasm. She throws herself into training and tries soooo hard to earn the nomz, she really is fun to watch.

Sounds like the mini Schnozz peeps are having all the fun :thumbsup:

Oh, we are!! thumbsup1.gif

Would have one myself in a heartbeat in the future if they were a gundog laugh.gif

Forget the gun dogs-thay are just wonderful dogs. So full of fun and personality.

That they are!! I wasn't particularly fond of the breed before Pippa came on the scene, now I think they are a truly wonderful little breed thumbsup1.gif

Yay for Waldo videos!! I'm at work right now but will try sneak a watch sometime through the day, otherwise will watch tonight! I can't wait :D I'll try get some Pippa videos at some point.