Dog Attack

Slushie

A family dog that mauled two young girls and their grandmother has been trapped inside their southwestern Sydney home until a dog catcher can subdue the animal.

Police and paramedics arrived to a home in Nelson Street, Fairfield, at about 4.45pm (AEDT) on Wednesday following reports of a dog attack.

A police spokesman said the pet Staffordshire terrier turned on three family members and attacked them.

A 10-year-old girl suffered multiple bite marks and lacerations and a possible fractured arm.

Her 12-year-old sister and grandmother were bitten several times by the dog and suffered a series of cuts.

All three victims were treated at the scene and taken to Fairfield Hospital in a stable condition.

The dog has been trapped inside the family home until a dog catcher arrives to secure the animal and take it away, police said.

Police will liaise with the local council to determine whether the dog should be put down.

AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/dog-mauls-two-gi...00217-od9h.html

It is the first article on google news Australia.

One can only report what was 'in the news'. Dog attack and reported as a STB.

I posted all this before the other thread started.

Sorry Slushie but the news report in the link says Staffordshire Terrier. It does not say SBT. (or STB :( ) NO idea what it may be on TV or radio which you might have heard, only going on what you posted.

The children attacked were my brothers children. :(:)

The dog was an American staffy.

He attacked the resident cat, the kids got in the way, trying to save the cat & the dog turned on them.

The dog belonged to the childrens Uncle, and was being cared for, by them. I have never seen the dog, nor has my brother, but according to the owners sister, who I spoke to a short time ago, he IS an amstaff.

The girls suffered puncture wounds to the arms, as did their Grandmother. (the Grandmother also had a nail peirced *ouch*) They were released from hospital a short time later.

I was told he is a large dog, and was usually good natured. He'd seen the cat through the door before and no problems. When Jess went to feed him, she accidently left the door ajar a little, and so when the dog saw the cat inside, went to attack it. The kids went to the cats defence, and in turn were bitten too :laugh:

The cat survived the attack.

He attacked the resident cat, the kids got in the way, trying to save the cat & the dog turned on them.

The dog belonged to the childrens Uncle, and was being cared for, by them. I have never seen the dog, nor has my brother, but according to the owners sister, who I spoke to a short time ago, he IS an amstaff.

The girls suffered puncture wounds to the arms, as did their Grandmother. (the Grandmother also had a nail peirced *ouch*) They were released from hospital a short time later.

I was told he is a large dog, and was usually good natured. He'd seen the cat through the door before and no problems. When Jess went to feed him, she accidently left the door ajar a little, and so when the dog saw the cat inside, went to attack it. The kids went to the cats defence, and in turn were bitten too :laugh:

I doubt the dog will for long.

Poor children and grandma, i hope they have a speedy recovery.

People should give more thought to who is looking after their dog, and their situation.

I have many friends who love my dogs, but not many of them would be suited to looking after them.

Ceratinly not 2 children and an elderly woman.

I was told he is a large dog, and was usually good natured. He'd seen the cat through the door before and no problems. When Jess went to feed him, she accidently left the door ajar a little, and so when the dog saw the cat inside, went to attack it. The kids went to the cats defence, and in turn were bitten too :p

So sorry about what happened to your neices. I hope they and the Grandmother recovers soon. Hugs to you and your family in this painful time. :(

I presume another article was talking about the same event but said the dog was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Very confusing.

smh says pitbull cross.

Must have been damn frightening for the little girls and grandmother.

On Sunrise this morning, the news typed down the bottom referred to the dog as a Staffy cross... but when it was verbally announced at newstime it was labelled as a Pit Bull cross...

Perhaps they were just trying to see what would evoke the strongest reaction... :(

With the neighbour going on TV to tell what a vicious dog it was, I wouldn't think it stands a chance.

K9angel, I do hope that all the family is okay :(

Edited by Kelly_Louise

On Sunrise news this morning they said it was still being decided if it was going to be put to sleep.

I'm assuming they would have made a decision by now (or is that just giving way too much credit)?

Perhaps K9angel can tell us the ACTUAL truth... as opposed to the media version of the dog attack by the staffy cross or pit bull cross :crossfingers: ...