Litters Due In April 2010

SBT101

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 8 babies, what an effort and what a fantastic free whelping! Congratulations :)

Are your babies still noisy/unsettled? If they are it could be because Brandy's milk hasn't come in yet, if this is the case you might need to top the babies up (all the while allowing them to continue to feed from her) until it does come in.

Wow, 8 babies, what an effort and what a fantastic free whelping! Congratulations :eek:

Are your babies still noisy/unsettled? If they are it could be because Brandy's milk hasn't come in yet, if this is the case you might need to top the babies up (all the while allowing them to continue to feed from her) until it does come in.

Thanks Aziah, I was thinking that too, so I checked all her nipples & she is producing thick creamy milk at the moment which I say would be the colostrum.

The pups are a lot more settled today, half of them are sleeping at the moment, & the other half feeding. I will weigh them again this afternoon & see how they are all going. But just by looking at them they all seem to look bigger from yesterday. :laugh:

But I am making sure the 2 smallest ones get on the nipple a little more just so they don't get left behind.

Brandy ate some breakfast this morning, & has slept a little, she is still doing an amazing job, I just hope the larger litter doesn't take it out of her. Do you think I should start weaning them at 3 weeks, or should I wait for Brandy to let me know when she has had enough?

I have a heap of Biolac on hand, aswell as some bottles & feeding syringes if I need them.

Brandy has also had some Diahorrea last night & this morning, that looks like black tar, would this be because she ate alot of the placentas? Will this pass soon? & is there anything I can give her to settle her tummy?

Thanks everyone :p

Nicole

:eek::laugh: :p Congrats to all on the safe arrivals of those little cuties. My BC puppies were born the same size as your silkies lol

Thanks Bonduca, ;) but they are not actually Australian Silky terriers, They are Australian terriers, 2 different breeds, But Don't worry though alot of people mix the breeds up. ;)

Edited by Baileys mum

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww very cute. That increases the Auss terrier population. :eek::laugh: :p

Thanks Bilbo Baggins, you not wrong the Aussie terrier population definately needs to be increased, there really isn't many around at the moment, so I'm very pleased that there is 8 more Aussies in the country today. ;)

Wow, 8 babies, what an effort and what a fantastic free whelping! Congratulations :eek:

Thanks Aziah, I was thinking that too, so I checked all her nipples & she is producing thick creamy milk at the moment which I say would be the colostrum.

The pups are a lot more settled today, half of them are sleeping at the moment, & the other half feeding. I will weigh them again this afternoon & see how they are all going. But just by looking at them they all seem to look bigger from yesterday. :laugh:

But I am making sure the 2 smallest ones get on the nipple a little more just so they don't get left behind.

Brandy ate some breakfast this morning, & has slept a little, she is still doing an amazing job, I just hope the larger litter doesn't take it out of her. Do you think I should start weaning them at 3 weeks, or should I wait for Brandy to let me know when she has had enough?

I have a heap of Biolac on hand, aswell as some bottles & feeding syringes if I need them.

Brandy has also had some Diahorrea last night & this morning, that looks like black tar, would this be because she ate alot of the placentas? Will this pass soon? & is there anything I can give her to settle her tummy?

Thanks everyone :p

Nicole

Sounds like everything is going well ;)

Just ensure she's getting a few good meals a day and keep an eye on how she's coping, milk supply and her condition. Don't worry about the weaning stage just yet...

I'd imagine that the diahorrea is a result of her eating several placentas, it should settle down soon, I wouldn't give her anything at this stage.

My girls get 2 large bowls of yoghurt (slightly watered down) twice a day along with their 3 meals...

Congratulations Baileys Mum, :laugh: ;) :p :rofl: that is such a big litter! :(

As BB has said the "black tar" is the placenta's.

Wishing you all the very best with Mum and babies.

I will look forward to seeing more pics of the babies as they grow.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

:laugh::rofl::rofl: Congrats to all on the safe arrivals of those little cuties. My BC puppies were born the same size as your silkies lol

Thanks Bonduca, :rofl: but they are not actually Australian Silky terriers, They are Australian terriers, 2 different breeds, But Don't worry though alot of people mix the breeds up. :rofl:

Oooops sorry :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

I know SBT has been busy in another thread and I am sure we all have. I thought I would add some pics that I took today, sorry mobile phone as the x took the camera, as this was their first BIG DAY OUT. They were 4 weeks yesterday :)

post-16710-1274518879_thumb.jpg

Meg & Rigby

post-16710-1274518896_thumb.jpg

Meg the Brave :p :)

Bonduca, they look so cute :)

Our babies are 5 weeks old now.

pod_pile.jpg

It is too hard to get a group photo now, trying to get 11 babies to stay in the one spot just does not work ;)

Oooo my goodness they are soooooooooo adorable :thumbsup::thumbsup::mad:mad:mad BC's are my one and only breed but I have always said there is nothing cuter than a Rotti and a ACD baby..... and these little ones are living proof....thank you for sharing them :mad:mad:)

Edited by Bonduca

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is the last lot of photos I will put up of these 2 little pumpkins ( well in this thread anyway :) )

Meg

post-16710-1275827572_thumb.jpg

Mac as he is now called

post-16710-1275827628_thumb.jpg

They are now 6 weeks. How about some updated shots of the babies born in April :)

Bonduca, your babies sure have blossomed :laugh:

A few pics of our babies

Miss Pink

misspink-1.jpg

Miss Gold

goldgirl-4.jpg

Mr Light Blue

lightblueboy-3.jpg

Mr Maroon

Maroonboy-3.jpg

Mr RedSpot

RedSpotboy-2.jpg

Miss Gold again

65weeks455.jpg

I know nothing about Rotti comformation but I really like to look of Mr Maroon and Mr Light Blue well to me he just seems to have it all.....does seem a little smaller then Mr Maroon but Mr light blue just seems to have a wicked ( meaning very good ) head...absolutely stunning :D :rofl:

Thank you so much for sharing your pics of your puppies I just wanted to scream cause they are sooooooooo cute. Gotta love a rottie puppy :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::o