Amstaff Rescued At Bribie Isalnd

sandra64

Hi, did anyone else here the report on the radio this morn about an amstaff that had been dumped at bribie where they had tied zippy ties around his private area(for around a week)trying to perform some sort of castration on the poor dog

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland...00217-odsz.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-...x-1225831516247

420_Dog-420x0.jpg

RSPCA find dog with cable around scrotum

THE RSPCA say the case of a dog found with a cable tie bound tightly around its testicles is one of the worst acts of cruelty it has seen.

The cable was tied so tightly that the American Staffordshire terrier's scrotum had turned septic.

"This is the first time I've seen a case like this. It sickens me to think someone could do such a thing," Inspector Travis Cooper said.

Mr Cooper said he suspected that the cable tie had been attached to the dog, which was found at Ningi near Bribie Island north of Brisbane, for up to a week.

"The cable tie had been pulled so tight that it restricted blood flow," Mr Cooper said.

"When I picked him up he was very weak and disorientated. We're not completely sure why someone would have done this.

"I can only speculate that it may have been an attempt at DIY castration."

The dog was initially found on the corner of Fauna Way and Peel Road by the Moreton Bay Regional Council.

"We believe he's been dumped. He has no identification and no microchip and is currently undergoing surgery to remove the gangrenous scrotum," Mr Travis said.

RSPCA Queensland is seeking information that may help identify the dog's owner or lead to the perpetrator.

How bout they start putting up big rewards for info on these idiots. Their best mates would dob them in (or whoever did the callous act) in a heart beat for a couple of thousand i recon. The sooner they start posting rewards for information that lead to a prosecution the better, and then what you have spent on rewards you charge double in fines

Poor little guy. Doesn't surprise me though there are alot of wankers around this area, I have lived and work in the area some really low class douche bags around, but then they are everywhere I guess. Just makes me mad :laugh:

don't forget to leave the cable ties on for a week when the person is found AND to kick the person out of their home so he can wander the streets without shelter, food and water

poor poor dog, handsome fellow too, I hope he is okay :laugh::laugh: