Mdba Pacers Fundraiser

Steve

Its been a long hard Road to cut through Red Tape but Finally we can do some real Fundraising.

MDBA Pacers

(Preventing Animal Cruelty in Emergency Response Situations )

Major Fundraiser

Rydges Holiday Raffle

From the 20th of February 2010, we start our own major raffle fundraiser. We hope as many people as possible support this as the demand for our services grows every day. Please sell the tickets to relatives, neighbours and friends, take the books to work etc.

Ø We are calling on people to purchase tickets singly and take books of 20. Each ticket sells for $2.00

The raffle prize is a 2 night holiday at a Rydges Hotel and Resort of your choice throughout Australia and New Zealand for 2 adults and 2 children in a standard room including daily full breakfast.</H4>Ø Second Prize is a MP3 Player and Speakers.

THE WINNER WILL HAVE 12 MONTHS TO USE and IT CAN BE USED OVER THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS

Major Draw Prize for all everyone who sells a complete raffle book of 20 tickets will go into a draw to win a MP3 player and speakers.

Anyone who is able to take a book of tickets or who wishes to purchase tickets singly please email [email protected]

or call 0269276706

Edited by Steve

When is it drawn and are the books stamped?

Pardon my naivety. I didn't give this a thought. Do they need to be "stamped"? I presume you're indicating that is a legality?

Steve tells me the raffle is drawn in June.

Pardon my naivety. I didn't give this a thought. Do they need to be "stamped"? I presume you're indicating that is a legality?

No I'm not woried about that. With some raffles for rescue I have just bought books from the newsagents

and sold them and then deposited the money.

Maybe give people a brief outline of what Mdba Pacers do, might encourage more people to help out.

Good Idea !

MDBA PACERS is an Australia wide professional charitable organisation committed to preventing animal cruelty to domestic animals (mainly dogs, cats and horses) when they are in emergency situations as a result of their owner's hardship.

This organization came about because The Master Dog Breeders and Associates were getting regular calls for help from pet owners and we felt we could help animals more by offering their owners help when they were in desperate times before they got to point where their animals were being neglected taken off them, surrendered or punishing them after things were weighing them down.

Many animals, which come to MDBA Pacers, are homeless and looking for a new family to live with. Our shelters [located in NSW AND Queensland so far] and foster carers act as rescue, recovery and adoption centres as well as holding facilities for when their owners need time to put their lives back in order to take their animals home.

Whilst a large proportion of these animals are cats and dogs we also offer refuge and primary temporary care to horses and livestock in need.

Our principal activity is in saving those animals, which are already in dire circumstances. However, some of our programs help owners prepare for possible hardship or disaster and we have established a support, buddy system network to ensure pets have a safety net to aid in preventing them from suffering if their owners are not able to care for them because of hardship or disaster.

Ill tell you a little about some of the work we have done.

We have been able to help thousands of people which have been affected by natural disasters .We have done this by helping out with animal feed, paying for fencing, supplying crates and pens and temporary care for their animals and help and counselling with welfare issues for owners. We also provided human clothing and food items as well as emergency cash.

We currently feed about 80 dogs and cats which are still in their owners care who’s owners have hit hard times and need some help to cover some feed until they get back on their feet. We do this on a case-by-case basis but we help out for a minimum of 4 weeks.

We have also been able to help out several rescue orgs with free donations of dog and cat food.

We help out people who are in a position where they would normally have to either neglect or surrender their animals because of personal crisis. This is most often due to ill health, domestic violence old age or unexpected unemployment.

We have been able to help some people who owned too many animals for them to cope with by helping them to clean up their homes and kennels and helping them in finding new homes for their animals before it was necessary to have their animals seized by the RSPCA and them charged with neglect.

We have a few animals, which have been accepted by us for re-homing with elderly owners who have been very distressed about having to give them up when their health deteriorated or they have moved into aged care etc where their animals are not allowed. These people get letters and photos and updates fortnightly to let them know how their dogs and cats are doing and a couple of our volunteers are doing a great job at ensuring they still feel part of their animal’s lives.

We also operate the MDBA Pacers Buddy system which provides pet owners with a safety net in case something unexpected happens where they may need someone to help them house them, look after them or get them out and ensure they are safe in an emergency or disaster. This has enabled lots of people who felt thei animals were at risk if something happened to have peace of mind knowing that someone will step in and help them if or when they need it.

Currently we get between 4 and 8 calls every week for help but we can’t grow or help as many people as we would like without funding and without volunteers.

Things have been slowed down for us due to all the red tape it takes to set up a charity and the high workload of just a few but we have now recruited a National Marketing Manger and a National Foster Carers coordinator with more positions vacant being advertised over the coming weeks.

Our aims are similar to the RSPCA except we only operate with domestic animals and we work with a welfare and preventative prospective rather than a police or punishment focus. We want to help owners before the RSPCA is called.