10 Most Bizarre Pet Insurance Claims

PuggaWuggles

6. An English springer spaniel got very unlucky when he impaled himself on the stick he was carrying. The dog was playing fetch in a local park, stumbled and dropped the stick, which caught his neck and punctured his throat. He was rushed into emergency surgery and made a complete recovery.

Bizarre but certainly not unusual. Sticks are quite a common source of injury to dogs. :rolleyes:

I don't find any of these claims bizarre. Have had my dogs do similar things, fortunately without ending out at the vets. I guess they chew a bit more than some of the dogs described . . . cause the pieces of rubber ducky generally show up in the poohs. Medicine . . . had a dog eat a sheet of HRT estrogen tablets, and another had a good time with a whole 100 bottle of worming tablets. Called vet . . . in both cases was told to watch for signs of trouble . . . but there were no problems. Almost every dog I've owned has chewed up sticks / wood at some point.

I don't find any of these claims bizarre. Have had my dogs do similar things, fortunately without ending out at the vets. I guess they chew a bit more than some of the dogs described . . . cause the pieces of rubber ducky generally show up in the poohs. Medicine . . . had a dog eat a sheet of HRT estrogen tablets, and another had a good time with a whole 100 bottle of worming tablets. Called vet . . . in both cases was told to watch for signs of trouble . . . but there were no problems. Almost every dog I've owned has chewed up sticks / wood at some point.

I once trained a lab as a wedding gift that chewed off a weatherboard panel from the side of my house... amongst many many other things. :laugh: