Kenny Has A Lump On His Chest

mantis

If you get a FNA done, the vet will take it out the back and look under the microscope. If it is just a fatty lipoma you will know straight away ;) If it does look nasty, they will probably talk to you about further options ;)

If you get a FNA done, the vet will take it out the back and look under the microscope. If it is just a fatty lipoma you will know straight away ;) If it does look nasty, they will probably talk to you about further options ;)

WOW, so I could know straight away that's great, will let you all know how it goes.

My daughter has offered to take us to the Vets tomorrow to have it tested & said she will pay for it, gawd I hate my children giving me money, after all I am the parent. I will be happier knowing that it's not a cancer, but if it turns out it is, I don't think I could take the risk of surgery & he's still happy & healthy.

Can someone give me some idea on how long it takes to get the results?

Aww that's nice. It will be much better for you to know either way.

Yes if it's just a fatty lump then they can pretty much tell straight away by it not drying properly on the slide and then by looking at it under the microscope.

My old Kelpie is covered in fatty lymponas, I used to rush to the vet every time I discovered another one. Then my sweet old Staghound developed a hard lump under her armpit and it was cancer unfortunately. It had a much different feel to the fatty lymponas that I could roll around under the skin a little bit like a marble in a sock(couldn't think of a better way to explain it :) ) It didnt really move when I applied pressure to it and I just felt a feeling of doom when I discovered it.

If your oldie is happy and healthy in all other ways dont worry too much if you cant get straight to the vet I think.

Awesome news :rasberry: Get that extra fat off him!, will do him no good as he gets older (I may be a tad crazy about overweight animals :scold:)

He's already old, but he isn't overweight really, just chunky, he doesn't get overfed, or given junk foods, but then his Dad was a Neo Mastiff, so his bodyshape isn't too out there, plus Kenny has never been a dog overly fond of exercising. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear Kenny is okay and good for his age. Give him a big pat from me and hugs to your daughter for careing so much.

Thanks, by the way I gave Kenny a big pat & got a sloppy lick in return, so I guess that's his reply to you. :rasberry:

My daughter is a sweety, she loves Kenny & all animals, she donates so much money to various animal causes, she would love a pet of her own, but her partner won't let her have one. (mummy keeps her mouth shut & says nothing, but dear dog I wish I could). :thumbsup:

Great news Mantis, hugs for Kenny.

tybrax

Cheers Tybrax, you don't know how scared I was when the Vet went away to test it. I should know by now, my beautiful big boy is bulletproof. He is snoring happily on his bed next to my computer as I type. :hug:

Great news, it is just a fatty lump, the Vet checked him out & said he is in remarkable condition for his age, though a lttle fat around the mid section. :rofl:

So good to hear the news Mantis :hug: .My kelpie who is getting rather old has one of these under her thigh and vet has said to keep an eye on it and if it gets too large it needs to be drained.