How Did Your Pet Get Its Name?

crazyboutdogz

I got Darcy's name from a baby name website ;)

For some reason I knew I wanted his name to start with D. So I did some browsing on the internet and came across 'Darcy', which I thought would be a very fitting name. I thought it sounded good, I liked the meaning, and it didn't take long to catch on. It suits him. It also reminds me of 'Mr. Darcy', which is now his nickname :welcome:

why Mr Darcy I do declare! lol reminds me of Pride and Prejudice

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellie - She is a big boof head and i wanted nice girly name to contradict that. I liked Ellie.

Jake - After a professional mx rider who won the championship the year Jake was born. Also "Jake the muss" off 'once were warriors' - big tough guy - Jake was so tiny when we got him, the complete opposite of a big tough guy :o

Rosie was to be called Ascha but when I met her she was far to feminine and pretty and I felt that Ascha was more lion like - Rosie was a gentle pretty name and suited her much better..I also wanted to follwo the theme of human names and "Rosie" sat well when said with "Jake."

Edited by joelle

One day we were getting ready to go out and I was tired and couldnt be bothered.

My husband noticed and said 'Spark up Charche!' we then started calling each other Charche all the time so when we got a dog it just seemed like the right name for him!

He also gets Charchini, Charchos, Charcherama, Charch McSmarch just to name a few :o

Asha became Asha simply because I had heard the name and thought it was pretty and she is pretty so it suited!

Mooshy the Pomeranian - I originally named my Pomeranian "Mischa", but when my brother first met her as a puppy, he said she looked so cute and "smooshy". So we'd called her Smooshy Mooshy, she's 4 years old now and "Mooshy" just stuck!

Willis the Mini Daschund - my brother had always wanted a sausage dog named Willis, so he could say "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis!" (Diff'rent Strokes)

OT - i just made a few puchases for pablo from your store :o

I appreciate your business Andie! Your order was shipped this morning, I hope Pablo likes his pressies! :vomit:

Jarrah (Staffy) - because he is the same colour as our Jarrah florboards

Haha, that's exactly why we renamed our Jarrah (kelpie) that too - you couldn't get much closer than this!

bob3.jpg

bob2.jpg

ETA - Ebony was called Ebony by her breeder, Jonty & Whisper I got to name both call name & registered name, & I chose them because I liked the names.

What a stunning looking Kelpie :thumbsup:

Thank you! We think he's a very handsome man too :rasberry: .

One day we were getting ready to go out and I was tired and couldnt be bothered.

My husband noticed and said 'Spark up Charche!' we then started calling each other Charche all the time so when we got a dog it just seemed like the right name for him!

He also gets Charchini, Charchos, Charcherama, Charch McSmarch just to name a few :hug:

Asha became Asha simply because I had heard the name and thought it was pretty and she is pretty so it suited!

Love Charch McSmarch!! We call our cat Nero" Ratty McCatty" all the time! Don't know why...

The first labrador we had - Fraser - was named after 'Fraser Brown' who played for Carlton in the AFL. The name seemed to suit him and since he was a chocolate labrador we figured that who he was named after also had the surname of Brown. He commonly got "Frase" or "Frasey" as a name.

The second labrador we now have - Henry - was named after Fraser's father (Fraser our labrador, not the AFL player), figured that it would be a fitting tribute as Fraser was taken from us at an early age... I actually called Henry just "H" the other day... that may end up becoming one of his nicknames!

Regards, Shaun (Sticks1977)

The first labrador we had - Fraser - was named after 'Fraser Brown' who played for Carlton in the AFL. The name seemed to suit him and since he was a chocolate labrador we figured that who he was named after also had the surname of Brown. He commonly got "Frase" or "Frasey" as a name.

The second labrador we now have - Henry - was named after Fraser's father (Fraser our labrador, not the AFL player), figured that it would be a fitting tribute as Fraser was taken from us at an early age... I actually called Henry just "H" the other day... that may end up becoming one of his nicknames!

Regards, Shaun (Sticks1977)

they're both very sweet names...very suitable to Labs

Sorry to hear you lost Fraser :)

Pepper got her name after I ran a lengthy internet poll for different options and then got people to choose between the top 10. Pepper won hands down - and fortunately it suits her. The runner up was Venus (due to the distinct 'V' shape of spots on her forehead - see avatar!!!).

Tango got his name because he moves like a dancer. When he sits he tap dances with his front paws. You can even hear the tapping now that his claws are slightly longer. And when he goes for walks and breaks into a trot he has the most elegant, high-stepping, beautiful dancer-like stride. On top of all that he does this gorgeous dance-like thing where he will wrap his body around yours and follow you round in a circle with his body still up against yours if you turn on the spot. Then if you stop and turn the other way he will do a twirl and then wrap himself around you in the other direction and follow you etc.... He will even bow to you in the middle of it if you touch him in the centre of his chest, then continue with "the dance".

So he had to have a dance-related name and his previous name was "Milo" so Tango seemed a great choice.

Edited by spottychick

Rogue (Dog) got his name from the movie, "Rogue" I know the movie is a little gory, but I loved the name and suits him, too! :eek:

Ollivander (Cat) got HIS name from Harry Potter, his full name is Ollivander The Wand Maker. We call him Ollie for short.

Ingrid came with her name at 18 months old and knew it well. It's not a name I'd have chosen but she really is an 'Ingrid' :eek: Lacey was named by my daughter. I told her to make a list of names she liked and I chose from that. Bree I chose cause it means strong and she had a very bad start to life and wasn't expected to live. Jersey cause when she was first born she was the colour of a jersey caramel and had a white stripe (and I love jersey caramels :mad ) and Giselle cause I think it sounds elegant and I like the name :laugh: