Great Dane X Irish Wolfhound

nixy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

akasha's mum was tan, and her dad was a black pure dane... i've asked about the heritage of her, and there is nothing that mentions rottie which i was suprised about too.

souki is the first puppy i've had, and when she was driven down here, i thought it was ok to take puppies from the min age of 6 weeks, but ive read a lot on here that it is recommended to take them around min of 8 weeks.

It's amazing how much Akasha looks like a rotty- SO much. So similar and Gorgeous :hug:

Your pup looks adorable.Good luck.

I get so annoyed when people start saying x breeds are healther and live longer then purebreds, where is the data for all these healthly cross breds??

Well, there is data for the reverse. Research in Denmark, covering thousands of pure breeds & cross-breeds, found that a bunch of pure breeds came out tops for longevity. Poodles & dachshunds were among that bunch.

Well, there is data for the reverse. Research in Denmark, covering thousands of pure breeds & cross-breeds, found that a bunch of pure breeds came out tops for longevity. Poodles & dachshunds were among that bunch.

That is true, the life span of any dog is dependent on the breed, the breeder and the care of the owner. Plus pure breeds are often cared for better then crosses. If you look after your dog well regardless of it's breed you can be pretty much ensured that your dog and friend will live a long, healthy and happy life.

Edited by nixy

If bonny is her real mother then she's nowhere near a full french mastiff ... definately bordeaux x rottweiler x something else

Dogue de Bordeauxs look like this

Elsewhere it says the dog's mother was DDB x Ridgeback - still does not explain the coat pattern LOL

If bonny is her real mother then she's nowhere near a full french mastiff ... definately bordeaux x rottweiler x something else

P8100036.jpg

ooooh squishy dogs! :)

If only I didn't have such an aversion to drool. :)

You could use the poodies as drool rags :(

P8100036.jpg

ooooh squishy dogs! :)

If only I didn't have such an aversion to drool. :)

You could use the poodies as drool rags :(

Very brave Danois :) , funny, but still very brave. I expect PF is just wiping the coffee splurt off her keyboard right now.

Yeah boof tried to fit a whole toy poodle in his mouth when he was a young tacker and spat out a little wooly ball of fury with a confused look on his face like 'oh so thats not a toy'

Dogues are not #1 for intelligence all the time