Hmm, Ideas On Breed

Guest Tess32

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lappies fit your categories.

For a spitz, they do have a softer temperament, and are very very affectionate. I have three now, and they are all very easy to live with. Moderate exercise, and while they are a working breed they shouldn't be hyper or obsessive. They are very smart, though, so you do need to stay ontop of it - make sure its you who runs the house!

I can't help myself :o i'll say deeries :rofl:

They're normally laid back & gentle

My two are deerie x's but they are both very laid back, love to have a good play & I walk them for around 30 mins most days

I'm not usually one to suggest my own breed either but a Deerhound does sound like it would suit you well. Very laid back in the house and if you can wake them up for a 40-60 minute walk you are doing well. They are not all one colour either, they come in blue grey, light grey, dark grey, silver and brindle grey (see lots of variety :thumbsup: ).

Who could resist this:

post-6585-1267077395_thumb.jpg

if you are looking for a pet to do obedience/agility rather than showing I would recommend that you drop the "l" out of a collie and substitute it with a "o" and you get a

COOLIE

fantastic loyal obedient dogs and mine does well with a walk of about 30 minutes a day and a play in the backyard with me or his siblings. come in multi colours. Best thing is they seem to adapt to your lifestyle. Sadly though they can't be shown yet :thumbsup:

I was very tempted to get a Borzoi, but I have been told in no uncertain terms, NO. We looked at a house once that had two of them, was during shedding season, and the amt of hair outside was unbelievable... since then it has been a definate no...hmmm. I was once told in no uncertain terms NO to a ragdoll as well, only took 3 years and the ultimatium of a Ragdoll or a Main Coon and I got my Raggie... so there is hope.

I was very tempted to get a Borzoi, but I have been told in no uncertain terms, NO. We looked at a house once that had two of them, was during shedding season, and the amt of hair outside was unbelievable...

When the girls shed, they really shed. But only for a couple of weeks then they are good until their next season rolls along. The boys seem to shed less, less hormonal. My desexed girl is never out of coat.

pf, Howie is such a would be stud muffin :thumbsup:

Edited by Diva