Digging The Tiles

Hows Buffy doing at the moment?

I've just started walking her more and training her with her meals to try tire her out. No digging yesterday, but did a little bit this morning. I'll keep this up. Still too early to tell.

Well its a good start :laugh:

Good luck.

Spoke to soon. She's gone back to digging this evening...

Damn.

If this keeps us, definatly get someone in to have a look at her.

Just a shot in the dark, but I think I recall seeing a photo of Buffy (she's gorgeous BTW :( ) lying on the tiles - she has a reflection. Are your tiles gloss? and is she trying to dig at her own reflection?

Thanks aquaticmalamute.

When we first got Buffy a few months ago, she did dig at her shadow on the tiles once or twice while under the dining table. Luckily that behaviour went away afterwards. Only resurfaced recently. Our tiles are glossy, and there is a definite reflection, so we were also thinking she's intrigued by the image of "another dog". A couple of times I've distracted her mid-digging and called her over to me. She'll come and do a couple of "sits", "hands", etc, but will abruptly turn and go back to digging. In those cases it's not her suddenly realising the reflection that prompted the digging, though I do feel a lot of the times it could be initiated by it. She doesn't dig the concrete (where there's no reflection) outside when she's left outside during the day. This obsessive digging of the tiles, even if it's because she's seen her own reflection, still worries me. Some days are better than others, but it hasn't completely stopped. Will decide on a pro dog trainer by end of the week to see if they have any insights on this and to help with other Buffy problems.