Surprise Puppy...help

sallywill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Guys, Busy time here.

Everything is fine. Mischa is fine, Mollie is fine.

Mishca is FAT, but fine I should say.

I was a little stressed when someome told me she was dying :laugh: But That wasn't the case.

Thanks, I '' try and remember to pop in more regularly.

Sally

Glad to see they are both doing well. Can't wait to see updated pics =)

Similar story happened to my old neighbours, they adopted a 13 month old FTGH Foxie x Border Collie bitch, who'd just come off heat, but the old owner had promised the bitch had not been around any dogs. Well a lovely surprise 9 weeks later when she gave birth to 7 puppies. =\

Im really just thinking she was just being a sooky baby?? When we picked her up she stopped crying :rofl:

Anyway, she is OK now, albeit very fat :)

I've tried to weigh her but she doesn't measure on my scales :S

Edited by sallywill

So Glad to hear all is well :laugh:

It's important to keep Mischa moving, and active. Being a single pup, she will be getting too much food and no exercise... this can lead to joint problems :thumbsup:

Maybe do some 'physio ' with her-- roll her around gently, put her on uneven bedding- so she has to climb over bumps and ridges, and get things moving!I have played with singletons- roll her gently on her back, and use your hand as another puppy- lightly gripping her front legs/neck ,like play-fighting :mad Just for a minute- then again a bit later .... also- remove her from Molly's side and put her at the other side of the bed, so she has to crawl back....

This is my favourite age for puppies- as they become dogs, and not jellybeans :( I love watching 10 day/2 week ones learning to see, and walk,and wobbling their way around :)

what are the night time temperatures in your area?

It should be fine in a covered pergola - providing there are no draughts, and the bedding is NOT in contact with the cold concrete .. insulate it with about 2 cm of newspaper ,if you have nothing else- the suggestion of a children's paddling pool is a good one... as the puppy can then not crawl away- but is protected from draughts.

With one pup- there will be no mess ... Mum will take care of all that :thumbsup:

I agree, it isnt winter yet and the days and nights in Sydney are quite muggy.

Mum is a Husky and will provide plenty of warmth for the pup. As long as mum is

feeding pup and not abondoning her then she will probably do ok.

Hi Guys, ]

Im really starting to worry about Mischa's size.... She is HUGE!!

Can I/Should I try to stop her from eating so much?

And she is still only using her back legs minority of the time. She commando crawl her fat but around.

What do I do?

Hi Guys, ]

Im really starting to worry about Mischa's size.... She is HUGE!!

Can I/Should I try to stop her from eating so much?

And she is still only using her back legs minority of the time. She commando crawl her fat but around.

What do I do?

Persephone must have anticipated this and made some suggestions here

So Glad to hear all is well :)

It's important to keep Mischa moving, and active. Being a single pup, she will be getting too much food and no exercise... this can lead to joint problems :(

Maybe do some 'physio ' with her-- roll her around gently, put her on uneven bedding- so she has to climb over bumps and ridges, and get things moving!I have played with singletons- roll her gently on her back, and use your hand as another puppy- lightly gripping her front legs/neck ,like play-fighting :rofl: Just for a minute- then again a bit later .... also- remove her from Molly's side and put her at the other side of the bed, so she has to crawl back....

This is my favourite age for puppies- as they become dogs, and not jellybeans :mad I love watching 10 day/2 week ones learning to see, and walk,and wobbling their way around :rofl: