• Backyard- with buckets of water
    • Hydrobath (hired)
    • Professional Groomer
    • Don't wash my dogs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment they get bathed in my friends hydrobath, but once I move house I'm buying my own. I'm getting a Fidos one, they're excellent, and because they are made right here they will customise it how I want it. They're after sales service is excellent too.

I have taken dogs into the shower, especially when I go away for dog shows and have to give them a wash! It's hilarious!

Guest cloverfdch

I take mine to the do it yourself hydrobath, it is alot easier. Friends of mine give their dogs showers, the dogs love it, if they are missing they can usually be found sitting in the shower waiting ;).

Mine hop in the shower with me most times but I wear my swimmers and then my other half dries them while I have a shower - cuts the time in half! When they have got into something disgusting it is usually the laundry sink.

I do my Saint in my own hydrobath and my swf in the bath tub with a detachable shower head. The pressure is too hard for him in the hydrobath and he shivers soooo much even under warm water. ;)

Hydro. I have a lovely guy who comes and does mine every 2nd Saturday.

Jem used to have the cold hose in the backyard routine, but now her old bones enjoy a warm shampoozie and a blow dry. Rule at my house: if you sleep on my bed, you wash at least once a fortnight. (OH is as bad as the dogs re avoiding this one) ;)

As Mr doggy wash is already coming for Jem, Banjo gets hydro'd too, but the big baby thinks he's going to die in there, so we haven't worked up to the blower machine as yet. He is getting better though and managed to jump up onto the ute tray himself last time. (for a treat - shhhh) :)

I cant believe Patrick was so good K. I've been blaming the Mudgee drought on Banjo's lack of enthusiasum at bathtime. Hmmm, considering he's now quite happy to wade out into smelly dam water, methinks I may be being had! ;)

I have my own hydrobath. But I am a Groomer too.

Just got a new hydrobath and it is great! A heated super twin tub deluxe with a trolley. I got it from www.thebarfshop.com

I was surprised at first when I found out that groomers in the US do not have hydrobaths. They do use several types of recirulating washers that act in a similar way to the hydrobath but they are not built-ins. the tubs are usually separate.

When we only had the mini (poodle) it was the laundry tub. Now with a standard as well its usually the bath (sometimes the shower with either me or my mum). The standard isn't a fan of water and so you have to carry the lump usually from up stairs down to the bathroom but then she's a perfect little angel once she's in there. Usually wash the standard first - makes it seem like the mini takes no time. Oh and a hair dry afterwards if its not summer.