• Professional Groomer
    • Don't wash my dogs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No option for me.

Backyard with the hose.

Yep same here. Tied up and hosed down gently. I have a special attachment that lets me attach the garden hose to the laundry tap - that way I can bathe them in warm water during the cooler months.

I got the attachment from Bunnings - about $6. Good investment IMHO as it saves me a lot of money in hydrobaths!!

Had a person come out to my place for about 5 years before buying my own..

You can pick them up in the weekend papers/Trading post if you ring VERY early for anywhere between $400 - $900.

Bought mine new for $1,100.... Given I have three dogs...nearly to be four...and it used to cost me $15/dog/fortnight... it will only take me 2 years to pay it off

Merson - You don't have hydrobaths in the US? Or is it just that only professional grooming salons have that type of thing?

Molasses,

I haven't seen anything as fancy as what is in Oz. Yours look like mini hot tubs!

Some of our dog shows have raised up plastic bathing tubs that have a rubber bottom with a drain, but nothing as advanced as what you have. Most grooming salons here have regular human bathtubs that are raised up off the ground.

Your hydrobaths look nice! Are they expensive?

Susie

I also do back yard with hose, so chose backyard with buckets of water as closest.

I try to choose warm days to wash them. When living with my parents, they had an outdoor shower, so I used to use that, but where I am now, there is no hot water outside.

Ummm now i Know im a tad wierder than I had thought....

Jinta is a pain to bath, she HATES it, the word BATH is enough to send her off to hide...Cant bath her in a bath tub(try wresleing with a wet staffy determined to get out), she climbs out of the laundry sink(same thing as bath but easier), if I hosed her outside shed hate me forever, Soooooo, when its bath time, i take a shower, and then call her in. :thumbsup: she gets her shampoo, a good rinse, and sits happliy with her skin shampoo on for 10 minutes!!!

then, I get her out, towel her off, and wash myself, and clean shower out with domestos!

its a pain in the butt.

so I have now decided, I WANT A "dogs" HYDROBATH!!!!!!!

My ensuite is MINE!

then again she thinks my bed is hers...whats mine these days???

Edited by Jintanut

Soooooo, when its bath time, i take a shower, and then call her in. :rofl: she gets her shampoo, a good rinse, and sits happliy with her skin shampoo on for 10 minutes!!!

:thumbsup::love::(

I can just see that jinta, you both having those intense hair treatments in your hair together in the shower!!! sooooo cute :rofl::mad

I don't often bath Harvey, if he needs to be done then he goes to the groomer ("needing" meaning that he needs to be stripped and i am totally hopeless at that so off he goes) and comes back bathed and looking nice.

If he does decide it would be fun to run around in the muddy yard and come back looking like top deck chocolate then it is in the bath tub for him or simply a matter of brushing it out with a bit of his conditioner.

We wash in the backyard with the hose (if I used buckets it would take all day). If it's a little cool, then a couple of buckets of warm water for the final rinse. Then it's a towel off and a quick blast with the hair dryer....

When she was tiny it was a warm bath in the laundry sink.

:eek: Front yard with the hose...never gets cold here so no worries about that...bit of sun bathing after a towel dry and away we go. I had a good chuckle when reading about blow dryers...staffy fur dries in about 3 seconds flat :eek:

j

Trixie - over a lot of years my dogs have been bathed everywhere from the kitchen sink, bath, hose in the yard - Probably one of the few people whose kids had to wash their hands BEFORE patting the dogs (cream Afghans ready for showing) and amazingly not one of us have ever got a doggy decease :eek:

I came to see if im the only one on DOL who showers with thier furbaby, and.....it seems I am!! or the only one to admit it... :eek:

good one Ezza, i spat my tea on the screen AGAIN.

I can just see that jinta, you both having those intense hair treatments in your hair together in the shower!!! sooooo cute

It must look funny, her with malseb on, me with conditioners on...two girls in a shower!!! now all I need is a dogloving man to appreiciate this sight!!!

I told a guy I know that I shower with her, and he now showers with his dog too

Edited by Jintanut

I picked Hydrobath (but it's not hire)................

it's MINA'S....................

Up until then, use to lift dogs into the bath but they are just getting to BIG!!!!

Kitchen sink  You are joking right? Or don't you use the kitchen sink to wash your dishes that you eat off?

I don't see what the problem is, you expect dogs to eat bones that are left over scraps that have been in YOUR mouth!!!!

Riles :eek:

Jemma is terrified of baths. :D I tried to do her in my laundry shower, which only has a curtain. During the ensuing struggle, I slipped, and ended up on my back in a very undignified position with a squirming dog on top of me and the shower hose doing wheelies in all direction!!! I was laughing so much it took some time to get myself out of the situation!! :eek:

Then I hit on the idea of my bathroom shower that has sliding doors.....no there's no escape from the dreaded experience......so my 2 are showered. I certainly need one myself afterwards, and the shower recess gets a good clean too.....but it works well! :eek:

Fido.

The worst thing (according to the dog) you can do to her aside from having that evil vacuum machine on clearing away her hair from the carpet is to turn the HOSE on her. If the hose is on and someone picks it up she will take off inside and may come if called but very very slowly ready at any moment to run if you try and turn that hose near her.

Anyway due to this phobia she is washed in the bath. Nothing like covering the bathroom with hair but at least we get a clean dog as she will put up with the small hose for the reward of treats now and again (just have to be ready to let her go in a nearby room for the mega rolling session that follows getting wet).

I have bathed him in the laundry sink, in the bath and in the shower with me.

Shower isn't too bad, but he is too big for the laundry sink now and I am not strong enough to hold him down to bathe him in the bath...need about three ppl and it is still a nightmare, He isn't even that big, he is small!! About 14.5 kg!! :strong:

So, :p the next time I am trying the hose!!!! :rofl::mad:eek:

Is a harness better to use, cos I can imagine him rolling and flipping around choking or injuring himself or something....

:eek: :D :D