• Bath
    • Shower
    • Wheelbarrow in backyard
    • Backyard- with buckets of water
    • Hydrobath (hired)
    • Professional Groomer
    • Don't wash my dogs

Yay, im sooo glad to see im NOT the only dog showerer.. :rofl:

Jemma is terrified of baths.  I tried to do her in my laundry shower, which only has a curtain. During the ensuing struggle, I slipped, and ended up on my back in a very undignified position with a squirming dog on top of me and the shower hose doing wheelies in all direction!!! I was laughing so much it took some time to get myself out of the situation!! 

If all I had was a flimsy curtain to keep her in it, that idea would be a goner, i can picture that soo clearly!!! :D :D

I have the glass sliding doors as well, its a big wet prison!!

The hose rates up there with the vaccuum cleaner for Jinta too... :eek:

something to be very wary of, and launch the occasional attack at. :p

Id lover to hose her on hot days, but I get filthy looks for pouring water on her to keep her cool... :eek:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe...my boy's cop the cold water all year round...but in winter i do try to pick the wamer days to wash them.

Kit I will get you an attachment from Bunnings.... Poor Harmond :eek: Freeze his nutsack off!! :eek:

The warm water also makes it a little more comfortable for me in the middle of winter!!

LOL!!

My dog, Patchie, was TERRIFIED of water. I think she was traumatised by a hose held by my dad when she was a pup...

Anyway, if I had water, anywhere, she would run a mile. If she saw me filling a bucket to wash the car, she'd hide. When I turned the shower on, she'd bolt outside, praying I didn't see her and bring her in with me!

We usually washed her in the bath but we once lived in a house that had a detachable hose in the shower, so we bathed her there when we lived there.

In fact, the only time Patchie would go anywhere near water was her water dish! I've even seen Patchie use a plank of wood as a bridge in order to cross a small creek!! The other dogs just pounced their way through it, but poor Patchie couldn't stand getting her feet wet!

Jasmine has no such problem, loves water, loves baths. :eek:

Kit I will get you an attachment from Bunnings.... Poor Harmond  Freeze his nutsack off!!

:rofl: Theres' nothing to freeze off any more! They were respectfully taken at the vets, :laugh: as will soon happen with Bronx. Poor little begger should get over his kennel cough just in time to get the snip :laugh:

I had thought of those attachments but my house just isn't made for something that handy, i'd end up having to set it up as a shower in my driveway! :rofl:

I was able to wash my pup once in the bath...at 8 weeks...after that he was just too big and wriggly!

bought mine from Conmurra Hydrobaths:

www.conmurrahydrobaths.com.au

Single tank, heated cost me $1100.

Fidos also sell hydrobaths: Dont know what they are like

www.fidos.com

Have seen them second hand in the papers for anywhere between $400 and $900 on average. thing to consider would be pump and element (if heated) especially if sold on from a groomer or mobile hydrobath company... they have had a lot of use...No matter what is said

I have done a few different things... I own a hydrobath but it lives at my grandparents house five minutes away... so I will head over there sometimes... in summer, I will often hose the dogs in the yard and bath them there... then in winter it is in my bath (although the Dane is now too big for this) Sometimes it is "Jinta Style" and in the shower with them (:laugh: You're not alone Mandy!), sometimes I am outside of the shower (usually if only bathing one dog). Laundry tub gets used for babies.

Just thinking about it... the dane is too big for anything now except a hose in the backyard... shoudl probably think about getting some hot water hooked up to the hose for winter...

Cheers

Guest sharee

We get some one to come out and give our boy a hydrobath They come to our house which is about 30km from town wash brush and check his nails and give them a clip if they need for $15.00 which i reckon is a great price for all they do

Ok its seem I am going to embarrase my self beyond limits here, but given Gemima's size ( only 20 cms tall) and the fact she HATES being bathed, and I have arthritis in my back so cannot bend for more than a few minutes at a time,

She has a bath WITH ME :wave::rofl::)

.... she is relaxed about the ordeal, isnt scared, loves her shampoos and rinses.Tammy dries her off and I get clean then clean the bath. I haven't had a problem yet, and we both enjoy it to the extent at bath time she ALWAYS tries to get in with me. She is only ever bathed about once a month.... and if she has any really dirty areas like her toosh, I wash them seperately as it happens. Other wise she is groomed daily, and I gave her a puppy clip last week so its all nice and short till it grows again for winter.

She was getting way to many buzzies and grass seeds, and other horrid seedy things that just turned her coat into dread locks underneath.

What??? they clip nails as well???????????

Jintas getting a hydrobath soon, because I wont touch her nails, im a chook when it comes to cutting nails.. :laugh: I cant even give a human a manicure it makes me feel all dizzy and sick. :rofl:

I can cut my own nails, just no one elses,....

Courtyard with hose - adaptor for warm water in winter. From Bunnings :laugh:

Kaisie hated it when she first came - had to get my son to hold her and tempt her with treats at first and use really soft nozzle - then progressed to chain to the clothes line (in the courtyard with 6' fence) - now she just stands for me without any problem and just ignores what I do, waiting for the treats that come along as we go. Doesn't even put the tail down etc. In fact. I think she has come to like it because of the attention.

She was really frightened of lots of things, including the hose, but now I can turn the nozzle on realy quite hard to rinse well and get our the loose hair - no problem - I'm really amazed at how she has come on - and myself also, for that matter. :rofl:

cheers

I am so lucky to have a drip dry dog (sick of washing long haired cats :o )

1. A swim in the ocean

2. non-soap shampoo on a sponge , rub vigorusly all over :p

3. Turn on sprinkler and rinse :rofl: (no water restrictions here)

4. 10 minutes of zoomies around the yard and a quick towel dry

most days its a rinse under the sprinkler as she swims everyday so I don't use shampoos all the time.

no fleas , no itchies :hug:

• 4 months later...

I bath mine in the laundry tub - they like it. But then they are both idiots about water, always trying to get the hose when I am watering the garden. They end up as wet as the plants. They make quite a game of it, jumping and chasing the stream of water. I lost one hose fitting as one of them tried to 'turn the darned thing on' and chewed the end off the hose. Would love to buy a hydrobath, but with only small dogs [5.2kg and 6.8kgs] they would fall down the plug hole :rolleyes:

my saint gets hydrobathed once a fortnight.

but the problem i've founfd is the most of the people that come out to you house don't use clean water to wash out the shampoo, so it stays in the coat and causes skin problems.

plus Brodie (my saint) gets stuck when she tries to turn around.

i'm going to buy my own hydrobath soon enough and hopefully set up a buisness from home, where they come to me.

oh, and my little Jackhuahau showers with me, or my husband, or my sister-in-aw or anyone else for that matter, she just loves water.

Crysti

Edited by Crysti_Lei