Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

I am hoping someone here can help. I have tried all other options w/o success. :laugh:

There are 3 huskies at Blacktown pound. Impounds 1205, 1206 and 1261.

They were surrended over a week ago. REASON: They were the wifes dogs and she became ill. So the husband took over caring for them and all he would do is throw the food from the back door, they were basically left to fend for themselves.

:laugh::laugh::eek:

I was told they were about 8 yrs old, I think the third (a white male) is possibly younger.

There is a blk & white female, white female and white male.

The 2 girls have had fly bite at some stage, leaving them with half their ears. Very sad. :(

Is anyone in a postition to be able to help any of these 3? PLEASE?????

Even if I can find a foster carer, I would be happy to arrange release and vet work.

If you can help please PM me, or call 0414 802 633.

It is very urgent, they are on tommorows pts list for first thng in the morning. :laugh:

They are gorgeous dogs. (Pics to come in a min) happy and friendly. Seem quiet and calm also.

4373866443_cc04636f14.jpg

The 2 girls

And the male

4393437616_7d54b0330e.jpg

Thank you

Fingers crossed someone can help.....

I have been losing sleep over these 3. :o

Edited to add: If you want to take them under your own rescue, that is fine also. PLEASE PM me so I know and can advise pound.

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the pound this morning, pockets full of shmako's and milk arrowroot biscuits.

I asked for them to be taken to the run, so I could spend some time with them.

The male, called Bailey was the first to be bought out. He was gorgeous. Stunning looking boy, had a lovely nature. He had a good run around and sniff and came for pats. He preffered the milk arrowroot biscuit than the shmako's. ;) ;)

A very nice boy.

The girls were then put in the run, next to Bailey. Theyre names are Alaska and Jasmine. Jasmine is a bit of a fatty, gee she reminds me of my ol' girl, Gypsy. At first Alaska appeared very tense and unsure, she had her tail between her legs.

I sat on the grass and called to her gently. In no time, she warmed up and stuck to me like glue. Even thought she was a lap dog. :( Gorgeous girls, both of them. They all got lots of cuddles, kisses & treats. All were gentle when taking them from my hand.

I talked with them and spent some quality time with them all.

I felt them all over, no probs, they were happy to be handled, from their paws, tail to teeth, no issues.

No lumps or bumps or any other nasties felt. Their teeth are in quiet good cond. too.

The 2 girls have had a fair few litters in their time. :o They also have badly matted coats, are putrid, and have fleas. :(

Now to the ears. They have been cut when they were younger, as were their teeth (points of fangs filed down, so no point), much like people do with fighting dogs. :rofl:

I dont know why they did this to huskies???? Very sad. They have also suffered fly bite, which is what gives the ears an uneven appearance.

Alaska (the white girl) craves human touch and affection.

The blk & white girl, Jasmine looks to be possibly desexed???? She just has that plump look to her and illy says she thinks the girls (or one of) is desexed??? I checked for ear tattoo's, none. Could be just plump due to the middle age spread.

Overall, they were very sweet, loving and deserving dogs. The two girls were surrendered first, and then the male. ( I say he was fretting for them) Thats why the difference in impound numbers, I thought as much.

It should also be noted these ppl contacted husky rescue and gave the excuse the dogs were fighting. (showed absolutely no signs of aggro today) and when they were surrended to the pound, told the pound they were moving and couldnt keep them anymore. :rofl: They are full of it. Get your story straight people!!!! :cry:

Poor dogs. Truths be known, they served their purpose (breeding) and then decided it was time to dispose of them??

They have not been cared for well at all. :mad

At the end of the visit, the loud speaker announced the pound was closed and asked for everyone to make their way out.

(Sorry, I am :) now) it was torture having to leave them behind. :D

I gave them a big cuddle and kiss goodbye and told them I would still do my best to save them.

I broke down as we (the dogs and I) had a group hug. They looked at me and cried, concerned that I was crying :rofl:

I didnt think anyone was about, but illy showed up and asked if I was ok. (She is always nice)

And I know this may seem/sound really strange. But the last few days weve had 3 black crows hanging about, making that noise they do. Jack is scared of them and calls them scare crows. (He isnt scared of any animal except them)

Anyways, today at the pound, Alaska looks to the sky all weird. I am thinking, what is she looking at. When I looked up, it was a flock of black crows circling us, silently. :D

Edited by k9angel

Ohhh this is leaving me heartbroken!!! :rofl::(:)

I cannot help by fostering etc & I wish so much that I could!!

I feel for you K9angel :rofl:

I don't get paid until the 12th March BUT if it helps I would like to donate $50 towards the rescue of these guys when I get paid, I hope it might help in some way, it's all I can do as i've already offered $50 for the scruffer at WW in the hope someone may take her as I'm full.

PLEASE ANYONE?????

Ohhh this is leaving me heartbroken!!! :rofl::(:)

I cannot help by fostering etc & I wish so much that I could!!

I feel for you K9angel :rofl:

I don't get paid until the 12th March BUT if it helps I would like to donate $50 towards the rescue of these guys when I get paid, I hope it might help in some way, it's all I can do as i've already offered $50 for the scruffer at WW in the hope someone may take her as I'm full.

PLEASE ANYONE?????

Thank you so much for that kind offer lovemymutts. :( That is very nice of you.

Bumping these babies. :laugh:

Not long to go now. There has been no interest in them so far. :mad:)

The contacts I have tried were unable to help. Everyone is so full atm. I know the feeling well. :)

I have requested the pts list for tommorow and I am dreading the reply. I literally have butterflies.

Oh dear this is so sad, they sound like they've had the most terrible life of backyard breeding and neglect.

I'm hoping that Richard and Mara can help, they are very good but probably inundated like many breed rescues.

They deserve so much better and I'm hoping for a miracle for them.

Well done for highlighting their plight and doing your best to help them.

Oh dear this is so sad, they sound like they've had the most terrible life of backyard breeding and neglect.

I'm hoping that Richard and Mara can help, they are very good but probably inundated like many breed rescues.

Sadly, no one can help. :mad

I agree they seem to of had a pretty sad life. If I got my hands on the so and so's that did this to them :laugh:

I feel sad for the next dog(s) they get.

Sadly, no one can help. :)

I agree they seem to of had a pretty sad life. If I got my hands on the so and so's that did this to them :laugh:

Thats so sad for them. I wish i could help, but all i can do is offer donation towards their rescue. They sure do deserve a chance at a better life. Everything crossed for them. But PM me if a donation will help them out. :mad

I wish I could do something for these poor babies :laugh:

There was a dog fighting ring up here a while back a lot of huskies were being stolen and it was rumoured that the thick coated breeds are used for people to set their fighting dogs on for practice as their coat protects them better than short coated breeds. :mad

I wish I could do something for these poor babies :laugh:

There was a dog fighting ring up here a while back a lot of huskies were being stolen and it was rumoured that the thick coated breeds are used for people to set their fighting dogs on for practice as their coat protects them better than short coated breeds. :laugh:

That is dreadful. :rofl: Poor babies. :rofl::thumbsup:

Sadly, no one can help. :laugh:

Thats so sad for them. I wish i could help, but all i can do is offer donation towards their rescue. They sure do deserve a chance at a better life. Everything crossed for them. But PM me if a donation will help them out. :thumbsup:

Thank you Lisa ann. Very kind of you, as always. :rofl: