Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put them in a boarding kennel for a few days to buy them some time? :thumbsup:

They should have until next pts now, which is Wednesday. So it gives a couple more days to find them something.

I wont give up just yet. :D

Going out there yesterday and spending time with them, has just made me MORE determined to help them.

When I sent that message last night to Illy asking for todays pts numbers - I awaited nervously, the reply.

This is what she sent back.

They are not on the list but need rescue or potential buyers urgently, they are so lovely.

She then informed there was NO pts today. :thumbsup:

It doesnt give alot of time, but sometimes, all it takes is an extra day or two to make all the difference. :thumbsup:

An update:

Marcus Fillinger from Husky rescue, sent an email this afternoon. He MAY know of someone interested in adopting the male.

He will be in ctc to let me know. He requested a pic and ofcoarse I happily sent. :)

Richard & Mara Herba (also Husky Rescue) may be able to take them IF transport can be arranged to Canberra. So next stop is the transport request, they said they hadnt had a chance to read their emails as theyve been away at a show.

I am so happy I am in shock. :laugh::)

The last one Richard & Mara helped me with from Blacktown pound, Caspar - a white male, went on to a lovely home in VIC apparently.

He does social sledding now. Sounds like a fantastic home. I bet he is sooo happy.

Here's hoping these 3 get the same chance at a Happy ending too.

I am so happy :o:cheer::):birthday:

I know nothing is definate as yet, but there is hope - and thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

OMG, there is hope, that is wonderful! Pls keep us posted in case anything is needed.

Will do and a BIG thank you to all who offered support and donations. :birthday:

Hopefully they make it to safety ok. I have put the request in, in the urgent transport requests.

Fingers crossed now. :)

Still working on transport.

I recieved a call this morning from Illy (AWO at pound) asking when I would have them out by :laugh: as the pound is full and theyre having to double up the pens. :cry:

Getting desperate now. :D

The morning has been full of ups and downs. :D :(

I had found transport and was trying to sort out all the details, BUT then I recieved an email from Richard and Mara.

It wasnt good. :laugh:

They have a pregnant girl coming into care and also a fence jumper, hence they have had to change their mind about these 3. :(:cry: They cant risk bringing in a poundie, when they going to have pups.

Understandable.

I have tried everything and exhausted all avenues now. So close unyet so far, is how it feels.... :D

I will email Marcus to see if he's had any luck for a home for the boy.

The morning has been full of ups and downs. :D :(

I had found transport and was trying to sort out all the details, BUT then I recieved an email from Richard and Mara.

It wasnt good. :laugh:

They have a pregnant girl coming into care and also a fence jumper, hence they have had to change their mind about these 3. :(:cry: They cant risk bringing in a poundie, when they going to have pups.

Understandable.

I have tried everything and exhausted all avenues now. So close unyet so far, is how it feels.... :D

I will email Marcus to see if he's had any luck for a home for the boy.

You have done everything possible...it isnt your fault...its the bad owners....

Know all has been done and be glad you had time with them..

Thank you. I have sent email. Fingers crossed. (again)

I have also re-emailed Marcus. (Husky rescue) and waiting to hear back.

Have just recieved reply. No good. He is working on several others from Renbury. :laugh:

I am still working with Marcus (husky rescue) to try and organise something for these babies.

He is trying as best he can to help find an option for them.

The biggest Thank you to him and those offering donations for these gorgeous dogs. Hopefully it will help to make a difference. :laugh:

Update:

The 2 girls will be safe with me.

There is still the boy - who is URGENT and at this stage, without an option. :laugh:

He is a lovely boy, stunning to look at and with a great nature. I cannot believe he hasnt been snapped up from the pound??? :(

Fingers crossed something comes up for him. I am still trying.

I know there were donations offered on these dogs, but can they please be forwarded to the rescue who takes on the boy.

(if he makes it to rescue) If a further donation also helps please PM me, as a kind DOL follower has contacted me and also offered to donate if it helps to get him out.

A big thank you Barb. :)

BUMP for the remaining boy......

Edited by k9angel

Would it be worth trying the various husky rescuers again? Now that there is only one dog in need, they might have space....

Good on you for championing these dogs k9Angel. Having someone to speak up for them is their best chance...