Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alaska has now been vetted and goes to her new home tommorow.

I was so worried when she went in for her op. I was fearing the worst. She is going on 9 yrs old and also had a small mammay lump that had to come off. I was scared something might go wrong, but it didn't. :thumbsup: She handled it extremely well and passed her check up with flying colours. The vet nurse said she was a good girl all day.

The vet did a fantastic job. I had to go to Gypsy's vet as my rescue vet couldn't fit her in until the end of the week and also wanted to charge quiet a bit extra for the mammary lump to come off. The vet I went to charged almost half the price.

She has 2 lots of stitches and the wounds are nice and clean.

Her new Mummy cannot wait to take her home and spoil her. She knows Alaska will have to be kept quiet whilst she still has he stitches in and will be taking her to her own vet for their removal.

I was already crying earlier today when I edited her Petrescue listing to say she is going on trial 17.7.11. I am going to miss her alot, but I know her new family can give her way more one on one attention than I can and that is what Alaska needs and deserves.

It will be one teary farewell.

Penny has promised to send pics and keep me updated so I will post them here when I get them.

I still cannot believe she is leaving... I will give her one last brush in the morning and give her lots of cuddles and kisses before her new parents arrive to pick her up.

Alaska is not only proof that long termers can find their happy ending - but also proof that there are people out there seeking older dogs, just like her. :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, I have been meaning to update this thread.

Sadly, Alaska's trial/home didn't work out and she was returned back to us.

I was very sad for her but happy to see her again. She is safe here and this will be her home until that forever home comes along, and if it doesn't, this will be her forever home. :)

Better that she comes back to you if it wasn't working. I was going to pm you and see if you were back actively rescuing as I was planning on going back to fostering when Ricky went and three months on I'm still not close to ready. So I was wondering if you were feeling the same or whether bringing new life into the house worked for you? At least Alaska and you already have a bond.

• 2 months later...

While I am updating, a little update on Alaska aswell. :)

She is still with us and doing fine. She is happy and content and has also lost a little weight. :thumbsup: I am pleased about that as she was starting to really pack it on. My fault though. :o She was as thin as a rake when she arrived. :(

She enjoyed a good brush today and a run in the yard. She gets a daily run in the yard and a good walk most nights. She's still very shy around new people, but she has come a long way to what she was when she arrived. :)

I love her dearly. She is the sweetest girl and is absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

I think her smile says it all. ;) (these were taken today)

6311521599_76492b4b40.jpg

6311521595_0dd06159be.jpg

6311521603_bda4f95fde.jpg

6311521611_74bfa81f72.jpg

Alaska is a gorgeous girl Rach. The other night when I visited, she was very curious as to who the stranger was coming up the drive... she definitely has come a long way, and will continue to blossom under your care... of that I have no doubt!

T.

• 3 months later...

While I am updating, I thought I would do one for Alaska aswell.

Yes Alaska is still with us. :) I have had a couple of enquiries for her but they have not been suitable. One had cats and the other sounded like a real no hoper. He couldn't make up his mind if he lost his dog a week ago or several weeks ago. One minute it was a he, then a she... it was one lie after the other. :rolleyes:

Anyways, she is doing really well. She's happy and content and in no rush to leave. :)

Some pics I have taken the last couple of days.

6914959631_573fa0815a.jpg

Yesterday after a hose down.

6922652431_2bbf5930b8.jpg

6922652439_4860e5420d.jpg

6776552612_2769e0961c.jpg