Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

Would it be worth trying the various husky rescuers again? Now that there is only one dog in need, they might have space....

Good on you for championing these dogs k9Angel. Having someone to speak up for them is their best chance...

I agree, without a voice, they have no hope. :laugh:

ETA Still in ctc with Husky rescue trying to organise an option for the boy.

I was hoping the same, if there was only one - it may make it easier for a Rescue to fit him in.

He is such a stunning boy too. If only I had more room for him. :D

I have comitted to Alaska and Jasmine now and will do my best to find them a home where they remain together for the rest of their years.

The boy appears to be much younger than 8 and doesnt have the clipped/fly bitten ears.

They have obviously got him later on. He is a stunner to look at and was very nice when I spent time with him in the run. He came when called, enjoys attention, was fine being handled, and wasnt protective of his treats.

He also appeared to walk fine on the lead to the run.

He has so much to offer. I hope he gets a chance too. :thumbsup: ;)

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping again.

Going to pick up the girls shortly. I am taking my camera to get pics of the boy. And not forgetting my memory card this time. :laugh:

Illy ctc'd me this morning asking if Husky Rescue were taking the boy. I am worried he'll be on tommorows list. :( :D

Girls home safe and sound. I so wanted to take Bailey too. :)

I had to walk the girls by his cage. We let them say Goodbye, they gently sniffed nose to nose. It broke my heart.

I told him he'd be ok, and I was still working on it and wouldnt let him die....

I hope I can keep my promise to him.

He was such a good boy and is sharing his kennel now with another dog. He looked so dissapointed seeing his friends leave. And gee, is he gorgeous - I had forgotten just how much so.

Some good news though, Illy told me a lady in QLD was interested in him and working out the price to have him transported to her. So fingers crossed.. At least he is safe (as far as I know) from tommorows pts.

Leaves the weekend then. Only a little more time, but sometimes thats all it takes.

As for the girls, they are absolutely loveable. I will add some pics of all (including Bailey) shortly.

They are being good girls. They tried to shake hands all the way home in the car. *aww* they love cuddles. They have only met Jack through the gate at this stage but boy, were they happy to meet him. :thumbsup:

Theyre going to need a good bath/brush, but its raining atm, so have to wait til it clears. I may even try and get a hydrobath in for them. They need it.

They'll scrub up lovely. Jasmine was born in 01, Alaska in 02. Iam thinking its possibly Mum & daughter, judging by the way they act. Alaska goes to Mum and gives her kisses and more or less asks for the ok.

Jasmine can do with a diet (nice change) I am usually fattening them up! :cry:

Pics to come

And the girls, shortly after their arrival.

Jasmine is the blk & wht one. She has 2 split eyes. The left eye top is blue, bottom brown, the right eye is brown top and blue bottom. I havent seen one like that before. Very pretty.

She was born in 2001. She is quiet overweight like my older girl.

Alaska is the white girl, or Snuggle Bum as I call her :cry: She is just a big baby really. She was born in 02 and has the prettiest blue eyes.

4405644774_2ec3ece253.jpg

Jasmine explores in the background :o

4405644770_54fc970853.jpg

As you can see they are much thicker/heavier set than the petite Mya, I just rehomed to Teekay

Makes them all the more cuddly :)

4405644760_5c48c1c1c3.jpg

They'd just given eachother a kiss in this one. Jasmines looking around like "This is too good to be true" :thumbsup:

4405644790_4fcd1e7fe5.jpg

They always want to shake hands :thumbsup: Jasmine lifts her paw for the shake

ETA if you look in the background of a couple of the pics you'll see an orange clam pool. I half filled it this morning before they arrived as it was quiet muggy here and I thought they'd appreciate a dip.

Did they what??? They love it, so they are quiet the water babies too.

They are easy to walk together, I had to walk them this morning to the car together, no probs. No pulling or carrying on.

They travelled well also.

Edited by k9angel

What has happened to their ears. Is it fly bite?Can't believe they have let it get like that :) They sure look happy though. :cry:

Hi Lisa Ann

Their ears have been trimmed when they were younger. Very sad I know. They have also endured many years of painful flybite judging by scars. :thumbsup::o If you look closely at Jasmines pic, you will also see a nasty scar beneath her eye too. She was very lucky not to lose it, judging by the scar.

Baileys ears are not damaged like the girls are.

Oh and yes, they are happy. Alaska has claimed her own kennel is happy as. They were both out and about playing in the rain earlier, should of seen there faces :thumbsup: mud galore. God love them, to think a few hrs ago they were stuck in a kennel now they have the comforts of a home.

I have guinea pigs in a cage on the other side of the fence (not in with them) and they are not the least bit bothered by them.

Turns out Bailey & Alaska are actually brother and sister. :cry::):thumbsup:

I feel terrible. I seperated them. Jasmine is possibly their Mother, she was about a year and a half when they were born. :o

I know how close they would of been. I have older huskies Mum and daughter (11 and 9) myself and would hate to imagine them being seperated, especially after nearly 10 years. :thumbsup:

No wonder he looked sooo sad. They have been together since being in their Mummys belly. Sorry to get all sentimental here, but I take these things into account. They would of played together throughout their puppyhood, grown together...

I am feeling pretty guilty atm. :o

K9 Angel, it is sad but honestly, separated is still better than the other alternative. Everything crossed for the home in Qld - he is a beautiful boy.

If he is saved too, thanks to your efforts, I think you have performed a real miracle when they had absolutely nothing.

Very true Dogmad. Least they get a chance at a home now.

I havent given up on Bailey either. I will keep at it. I sent the new pics to Husky Rescue. Whats that saying? persistance pays off, we can always hope. Least we have a few more days now.