Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

I'm keeping everything crossed for Bailey, K9angel. He has the same look about him as Mya. I'd never seen a white husky before Mya and now they seem to be turning up all over the place.

So pleased Mya's run is now being put to good use with Jasmine and Alaska. They look so cuddly.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could all our donations be put towards the transport costs for bailey to QLD?

Good thinking. A lovely ACD pup was got up to fostercare in Qld recently, thanks to DOLers helping with the air fare.

That would be a great idea.

I have sent Illy a message asking if there was any word on Husky Rescue Qld, organising transport.

Waiting on reply.

And youre right Teekay. He does remind me of Mya too. :) He just has that soft look to his eyes.

I havent given up hope and still hoping for a miracle.

If I knew 100% they'd all get along and I had a dog walker to help, I would take him myself.

The girls are doing well. I have never seen a husky hoff down food before, until them. :(

I do believe the surrender story that the food was just thrown to them and they had to fend for themselves. I have seen it with my own eyes. Poor buggers. They were eating like there was no tommorow. Explains why Jasmine and Alaska are fatter than Bailey, poor boy prob went without a lot. Gee how hard is it to seperate dogs at feeding time??. I am sure if I can manage 14 dogs, 2 human babies, 5 birds and 4 guinea pigs, they could of managed 3 dogs. ;) :(

Last night, the girls ate a chicken carcass each, 3 wings each and a good slice of VIP roll each! *eek*

They were starving.... No wonder there was so much poop to clean this morning... :):rofl: Had to of been 2kgs worth. :eek: I am used of Mya's petite little poo's, not telegraph poles. Remind me to never give them tin food. :rofl: Then I will be in trouble :D

As soon as I hear of any news on Bailey I will be sure to post. :( I wish he could be here too.

I have my fingers crossed and like I say, not giving up hope just yet.

Sorry we are unable to help, These days Winterpaws is a site to advertise dogs, we are not able to take in dogs ourselves as we have no longer have a seperate area to quarantine and house foster dogs.

You mention Husky Rescue Qld? Do you have details of who that is? As far as I am aware there isn't a rescue in Qld

Edited by Winterpaws

Sorry we are unable to help, These days Winterpaws is a site to advertise dogs, we are not able to take in dogs ourselves as we have no longer have a seperate area to quarantine and house foster dogs.

You mention Husky Rescue Qld? Do you have details of who that is? As far as I am aware there isn't a rescue in Qld

Hi Winterpaws,

I am not sure. I hadnt heard of one either, but when I picked the girls up yesterday, I was advised by Pound staff that Husky Rescue Qld, was interested and trying to get a quote for transport.

I asked pound staff for them to ctc me as I was happy to help with release to a reputable rescue, thinking they could then put that money towards transport. I was then advised it wasnt required, as he'd be coming out through Husky rescue and they didnt have to account for release fees. ??? Its got me buggered.

Still waiting on reply from Illy. Just trying to call.

No answer on mobile, probably busy as they close in 5 mins. I am curious myself now.

Hi Winterpaws,

I am not sure. I hadnt heard of one either, but when I picked the girls up yesterday, I was advised by Pound staff that Husky Rescue Qld, was interested and trying to get a quote for transport.

I asked pound staff for them to ctc me as I was happy to help with release to a reputable rescue, thinking they could then put that money towards transport. I was then advised it wasnt required, as he'd be coming out through Husky rescue and they didnt have to account for release fees. ??? Its got me buggered.

No answer on mobile, probably busy as they close in 5 mins. I am curious myself now.

I'd be really interested to know

Be careful with Qld rehomings - the welfare agencies up there were having issues with dog fighters trying to get dogs

Hi Winterpaws,

I'd be really interested to know

Be careful with Qld rehomings - the welfare agencies up there were having issues with dog fighters trying to get dogs

Now I am really worried sick. Come to think of it, someone else has mentioned that in another post - they use them for practise for their fighting dogs. That would be a terrible thing for any dog to have to go through. :rofl::eek: :D

K9Angel,

I had a lady ask me about him today from the ad posted on the board, she was in Canberra and going to email you, Irene was her name (I think, terrible memory these days). She was also going to look up this thread so hopefully that may lead to something.

She had another husky and 2 poodles and was trying to find out if he would be ok with them? Keep an eye on your emails, as I sent it to her (hope you don't mind).

I bumped him again today and will do so on Monday too if he's not taken by then. I'm in Townsville and my cousin is in the Towers so if you want me to ask her about the husky rescue I'd be more then happy too. I have seen their rescue thing on a few sites but forget exactly which.

Cheers,

Leanne

Contact Kyles (Husky Rescue Qld)

Phone: 0419 264 587

Address: Townsville QLD

There is also this lady, more then happy to give a little $ for transport if it helps, would only be about 50 but might make a difference.

K9Angel,

I had a lady ask me about him today from the ad posted on the board, she was in Canberra and going to email you, Irene was her name (I think, terrible memory these days). She was also going to look up this thread so hopefully that may lead to something.

She had another husky and 2 poodles and was trying to find out if he would be ok with them? Keep an eye on your emails, as I sent it to her (hope you don't mind).

I bumped him again today and will do so on Monday too if he's not taken by then. I'm in Townsville and my cousin is in the Towers so if you want me to ask her about the husky rescue I'd be more then happy too. I have seen their rescue thing on a few sites but forget exactly which.

Cheers,

Leanne

Thank you Leanne.

I spoke with Irene today, a very nice lady. She said if worse comes to worse and there are absolutely no other options she would be willing to foster him, so long as he got on ok with their resident dogs. :D

I am also happy to hear a Husky Rescue does exist in Qld. :D I will call that mobile number tommorow and ask a few questions, to see whether it is them, actually taking him.

Things are looking up for him.

That one in Townsville is actually different to the Charters Towers one,

Charters Towers is

Contact kimmy (Husky Rescue Qld)

Phone: 0407760146

Address: 18 Melville st Charters Towers QLD 4820

not sure if they are connected ? More then happy to ask around after them both or visit and meet the Townsville lady if she is willing. Same with Charters Tower I'm sure I could collect and take Bailey out there (its about 1 1/2hrs from T'ville) if that helps.

That one in Townsville is actually different to the Charters Towers one,

Charters Towers is

Contact kimmy (Husky Rescue Qld)

Phone: 0407760146

Address: 18 Melville st Charters Towers QLD 4820

not sure if they are connected ? More then happy to ask around after them both or visit and meet the Townsville lady if she is willing. Same with Charters Tower I'm sure I could collect and take Bailey out there (its about 1 1/2hrs from T'ville) if that helps.

Thank you, very kind of you to offer. :D

I will try both numbers tommorow also. (I would now, but I dont like calling ppl this hour of the night :D )

Thanks Guys for helping. Much appreciated and I sure Bailey would appreciate it too. :rofl:

Illy sent a message last night saying she hadnt heard anything as yet and was going to give her a call this morning, if she had time as she was in from 6 to 9.

I left a message on that mobile number for Kylie to call me back, so I can confirm it is her taking him, if she is???

I havent heard any thing else from Illy today. I will send her a message shortly asking if she has heard any news.

Jasmine & Alaska are no trouble whatsoever. They just had a bath and loved every single minute of it and gee, they were filthy at that. I have never seen so much flea dirt in my life!!! :(

Alaska has a new collar, full of sparkles and bling :o Jasmine has a new collar on also, hers is tan with studs.

Blame Jack.... ;)

I have stocked up on the septicide. (for their ears) and will be applying generously to ensure they never suffer flybite again. :)

I ordered them some new tags last night, they should arrive by Wednesday, at the latest. Alaska has a big violet star and Jasmine a big red one. :)

They carry on like scavengers at dinner time. :( Poor buggers. They are seriously gorgeous dogs, the pair of them and I am confident I'll get them a home together. They are friendly, loving and have so much to offer. Alaska loves to stand gently against my belly for hugs. She is almost as tall as me. :eek: But she is ever so gentle. They both have soft mouths (surprisingly) when taking treats (I half expected to lose a finger) but they are fine.

They'll need further grooming yet, thats just the start ;) Next up the brushes will come out. Then in a couple days they'll be bathed again, and brushed again to get rid of all that undercoat. Poor Jasmine is the worse of the 2.

I will also apply frontline to them once theyre dried.

Over all I am very happy with them, as I am sure theyre happy with us. And would you believe out of all the kennels, they both favor one. :rofl: Last night Jasmine was in there and poor Alaska's back end was sticking out. The other kennel can accomodate 3 of them, its so huge - yet they want THAT one. :rofl: funny buggers they are.

ETA: I had a good, good think last night and Bailey can come here with us, if he doesnt go to Qld or if he has no other options. I refuse to let him die. I have advised Illy of this, so he'll be safe either way. :(

If it doesnt work out, I have 2 ppl willing to foster him. But seriously, if fed properly, (seperately) I cant see there being a problem. Oh and I have a dog walker now. Starting tommorow, which will help ease the workload a little. :eek:

Edited by k9angel