Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You truly are a canine angel :(

Amen to that

Jasmine & Alaska sound like lovely girls. As Bailey's a rellie, I bet he's got the lovely gene, too. :rofl:

Thats what I thought. If he is anything like his Mum & sister, then he'll fit in fine. And besides, whats an extra mouth to feed. I have that many, I dont think one more would hurt. :eek:

I dont think I would sleep at night if he was pts. It would haunt me forever. ;) He is too lovely, and worth a second chance too.

We were out there with them a little while ago. I swear they have the cutest voices when they talk, especially Alaska.

I cant explain it, but if you know huskies you'll know what I mean. :( Jasmines just a cute fatty boom sticks. :rofl:

They are soooo cuddly. Theyve been here 2 days and they already mean the world to me.... I am hopeless.

I wish their owners were that dedicated to seeing them happy and loved. :o

I love happy endings! :rofl:

Thank you for your never ending dedication, k9angel!!!

Here here...I have been following this thread all week and am so happy they "got out"...

Without ppl like you k9angel they would have been another lovely family snuffed out....and noone really would ever have seen the wonderful dogs they are..

:(:eek::o ;)

UPDATE:

I set my alarm this morning, got up and called Illy to ask what was going on with Husky Rescue Qld, and whether she wanted me to pick him up.

She said she had heard nothing back from the Husky Rescue and would call to see what was happening.

Minutes later the phone rang, I was changing babys bum and missed the call, but called the number straight back. It was Illy. She said they (Husky Rescue Qld) wouldnt take him because he was too old. :thumbsup::rofl: He was born in September 2002, so he is only 7 going on 8.

Anyways I said I would leave immediately to come and get him.

By the time this was all organised and I'd tended to my kids and dogs, it was close to 11am, closing time.

I got there 5 mins before closing time. Illy rang as I pulled into the pounds driveway asking if I was still coming.

I picked him up and all is going well so far. I was a little nervous to begin with as he had his shakles up when he first arrived & saw 2 other huskies behind the gate, but all was good. I put him straight in with Jasmine & Alaska. They all had a good sniff of one another.

He was in with a cattle x mature intact boy at the pound. No issues. He was a little unsettled to begin with, sussed the place out, paced a little, while Jasmine and Alaska slept away, not a care in the whole wide world. :grimace:

He seems to of settled now and is behaving himself.

Dinner time will be fun but I have a plan. I will set up 3 seperate leads, attach each to a space where theyre away from one another (I have plenty of room to do so), give them their tucker and once theyre done, (all bowls are clean) let them off. It will be tricky, but manageable.

Bailey is a very handsome boy. Boy, is he big! I thought the girls were big, this lovely big boy stands taller than me! :rofl: He is quiet thinner than the 2 girls, so will have bigger meals, whereas Jasmine could do losing a little weight.

Bailey loves the pool. (clam shell) he thinks its fantastic to have a splash! :)

Jasmine seems much happier he is here, she's had a good talk this afternoon. :heart:

They have the trademark yellow ear tips now :laugh:

Here are some pics:

4411926935_7d5c01bc92.jpg

4411926931_eec548439e.jpg

Happy to be together again.... :eek:

4411926925_68af270dd3.jpg

He is much thinner than the girls.....

4411926919_c7caab6b92.jpg

4411926909_60c365f3f3.jpg

Bailey - safe at last..... :happydance2:

Edited by k9angel

Oh can anyone please tell me the best sun screen to use for the girls ear tips? although theyre in the shade most of the time, they do spend time in the sun and I dont want them to get skin cancer. Is there a sun screen/fly repell in one???

Make sure you pick the bowls up and remove them before you let them off

I know you probably will, just making sure :)

Theyve had a good brush now. Jasmine is the worse and still has a little way to go. But overall, theyve come up beautiful. :D They enjoyed every minute I might add, Alaska kept pushing in to get more brushing. :laugh:

Dinner time was fun as expected. :) But no drama's. Alaska, the poor girl hoffs hers down. Jasmine is slow to eat and Bailey is in between, so just as well I had them tethered, or else it could of been on for young and old.

Anyways, all is good. I can Jasmine out there talking to Jack. :) He's out there with OH.

(Not in their run, but in the garden).

I am hoping the 3 DONT try and fit into the one kennel tonight. :rofl:

Everyone is happy and well. Bailey has settled in lovely so far. Theyre all being good babies.

I havent checked to see whose chosen what kennel yet, I will be in a minute.

Just did. Well Queen Jasmine has the sought after one :thumbsup: She's their Mum for sure. She wears the pants and rules the pack.

Alaska and Bailey were sitting on the concrete outside of her kennel. Silly buggers I hope they know to go in the big one should it rain. Theyre enjoying the breeze out there. I must say, that look absolutely gorgeous at the gate, especially Bailey, he is one stunning dog. They all are. Theyre very quiet. I have to keep checking to make sure they are there. :laugh:

I am very happy with them and feel so much better there all still together. To be honest I hadnt slept much the last few days. Thinking of them together for all that time, and then being seperated. It was breaking my heart.

I curse the people (their owners) who done this to them, gave up on them and left them for dead - and caused me such heartache and worry. :laugh:

Rest assured, they are safe now, and very much loved.

It may take me a long time to find them a home where they can stay together, but I will try.

Surely, there is a husky loving family out there somewhere willing to give them a go. I know I would if I didnt already have a pack of my own. Being a little older, they are pretty laid back and calm. I dont have to worry about them being destructive or mischevious, all they want is a little love and someone to care.

Well theyve come to the right place, :laugh: and until someone can love them the same as us, will remain here.

I have been following this thread.Cried when I read their story and all they have endured.

I kept thinking about the 3 of them.Their story sticks with you especially when you found out their special bond- being related.

All I can say is thank you SO SO much for saving the 3 of them.You have done an amazing thing.You are a true angel.

Your love and compassion comes out in your posts.We are so lucky there are angels like you out there.You restore hope.

I imagine at times it's exhausting and incredibly consuming,it's an amazing job you do. Just wanted to say thank you . :dancingelephant::happydance:

Give the 3 of them a hug-you all deserve it!