Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

I got lots of happy cuddles and kisses this morning when I went out. :)

Bailey was so excited to see me. He is one lucky boy, he would of been pts this morning. :D

I filled their pool early as its already hot here today.

One of the kennels in their run is made up of fridge like material. Alaska was in there a second ago, I snapped a pic. :thumbsup:

They have 3 kennels with floors, and this one, that is a fav in summer with all the dogs, doesnt have a floor and is set on the concrete. No word of a lie, on the hottest of days, if you feel inside that kennel, its like a fridge. :thumbsup:

Usually Alaska and Jasmine takes turns. I havent seen Bailey in there yet. He'd rather sprawl out on the cool concrete in the shade. :)

4415541566_f09d9d2988.jpg

Alaska enjoyng the fridge kennel ;)

4415665798_fd5535a8af.jpg

Bailey

4415541552_49441b29c0.jpg

Look at that smile....

4415541548_e71aa9ed41.jpg

And this smile :)

I was advised that flies can chew the ears down in a straight line like that. :(

As for Jasmine and Alaska's teeth being filed down, I was told by a very qualified person who has spent many hours on the artic ice with his dogs, that this could of been done chewing rocks, through boredom.

How very sad. So it sounds like they were left to fend for themselves much of the time.

I can tell they like it here. They sit at the window and listen to Jack playing, and watch him with wagging tails when he's out the front, playing in the dirt :clap: or garden. :happydance2:

They get lots of attention and are babied something rotten. :happydance2: I dont think they are used of it, but gee they are lapping it up.

ETA sorry pics arent clearest, they were taken through the screen on the window.

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All is continuing to go well with the husky pack.

Dinner was fun again. I put them on their tethers and fed seperately.

I think these dogs must of been fed once every few days, I havent seen dogs eat so fast. Jasmine isnt too bad, but the other two - you should see Alaska when she dives on her bowl. :laugh:

They will learn in time, I am working on getting them to sit before I place their bowls down. They seriously must of had to of fought for their tucker. They will learn in time to not hog it down and that the others arent going to take it.

Very sad to see dogs like that. Really makes you wonder what theyve been through dosent it? :cry:

Some pics I took today

4419522096_2c18cfd810.jpg

Bailey - after his bath

4419522098_2ceb78a894.jpg

Jasmine - she's a beautiful girl - she still needs a little more grooming yet, they all do.

4419522110_55751cbec1.jpg

Alaska - is so loving & affectionate

4419522104_2d8570feae.jpg

Bailey - as you can see, he is quiet thin, but gorgeous :laugh:

4419522102_9f9cd7422b.jpg

Jaz & Alaska

4419522116_ce3a82d443.jpg

Jasmine

4418802933_db2d67f309.jpg

I love this one - look at Baileys head. He was tilting it from side to side as I made a funny noise. :laugh:

Edited by k9angel

Just a quick update:

All 3 of these babies have settled well. There has not been any issues with fighting whatsoever. :grouphug:

They are still being fed seperately to prevent conflict and Alaska even sits now before dinner, still doesnt stop her hoffing it down. She has slowed a tad. :cry: Jasmine is a slow, delicate eater now. Bailey is a shocker. The last 2 days he has waited deliberately for the other 2 to finish before starting his own. :cry::cry:

He will stand there giving Alaska the eye as she waits patiently to be let off her tether. I DONT let any of them off until all is finished, bowls are out of the run and then they can come off.

They know the routine now and have a good old chat when I start to collect the bowls. At first Alaska would tangle herself up a little, so did Bailey but they are smart dogs and know now, how not to tangle themselves.

Theyve all abandoned the 'favourite' kennel :cry: and now share the BIG one. They fit comfortably.

I cant wait to start walking them. Oh and I know huskies arent usually guard dogs, but these ones let me know whenever someone is about or comes through the gate. :( They wouldnt hurt them, lick them to death more like it! :(

But they sound intimidating. :)

They have to have their daily doses of cuddles. :) They are very affectionate.

• 3 weeks later...

These three are doing great. As you may of heard about the 'intruder' incident the other night, Bailey, Jasmine and Alaska did a great job alerting me to "Phil" being there. :thumbsup:

Wow, where do I start?

There has only been 1 incident with these three to date. Nothing serious, more noise than anything and it wasnt over food. They all seem to get along well the majority of the time. Poor Bailey is definately at the bottom of the pack. The girls rule the roost.

Jasmine is a big smoocher. She is a lovely 'ol girl, she is quiet adventurous too. :laugh: often trying to squeeze her fat bum behind the avairy or up behind the kennel to find a cool place to sleep. Alaska is a sweetheart. She is unsure when she first meets someone and approaches tail between the legs, but she did this the first time I met her too. Once you say hello to her, and she knows youre not going to hurt her, she's all yours.... :laugh:

Bailey boy is my baby. He is the sweetest dog anyone could ask for. Seriously, this big fella follows everywhere.

He has is very loyal, very gentle and so loving. I have a real soft spot for this boy.

Alaska has learned to sit before I place her food bowl down now, though still hogs in to it once the bowl has hit the ground. Jasmine is a slow eater, Bailey average.

Theyre still tethered at dinner time.

Their ears are going ok. I apply cream to them in the mornings and sometimes again in the afternoons, depending how bad the flies are. When I have put it on Jasmines ears, she rubs herself against the fence trying to get it off - the bugger.

:laugh: Over all theyre doing great.

Oh and there was an enquiry for them from a lady who lives in Qld. She was going away for 2 weeks to NZ and wants to come and meet them when she gets back, with the possibility of adopting all 3!!! :rofl:

Its not a definate, but I couldnt believe it when she rang and asked me about them. See what happens I guess. Theres no rush.

I am not expecting to rehome all 3 together.

I will try and get some new pics tommorow :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the happy little family, Jasmine, Alaska and Bailey.

All 3 are doing well.

Bailey has gained some weight and is looking fantastic. They have nearly been here for 2 mths now. They are sweet dogs. Alaska does try and get it over the other 2. She thinks she is the boss. :)

I am thinking they would be fine if I rehomed seperately. Jasmine needs lots of love and its hard when Alaska is competing for it too. I give them all equal attention, but I feel Jasmine would do well as an only dog if she was given lots of love from her master. Same for Bailey. He is a teddy bear in a husky suit. :mad

Alaska is a very sweet girl. She loves her cuddles and neck scratches. All 3 love their walks and are easy to manage. I walk Alaska and Jaz together, then Bailey.

I havent had a problem with flies on their ears as they have cream applied daily or every second day depending how bad the flies are. Its sad to think their ex-owners didnt care enough to do something about it. :rofl:

They had a bath today and enjoyed it. (and had a roll in the dirt afterwards :rofl: )Theyve been wormed and heartwormed again today. (due 19th of each mth) I am running a day behind schedule. :rofl:

All three admire Jack. Iam glad I took them on and know one day their forever homes will come along.

Until then they are safe and secure here at Husky Haven. ;)

4536684461_186635b534.jpg

Jasmine - taken today after bathtime. She is a lovely 'Ol gal with so much love to offer

*I am not sure if she has lost weight or not, but she does get smaller feeds than the other 2.

4536684457_c3b23e8423.jpg

Bailey has definately gained weight. His ribs arent visible anymore and I have had to adjust his collar twice the past few weeks as it was getting too tight.

4536716287_a2f8f6f0ed.jpg

Alaska - she's a honey :rofl:

more to come

4536716295_cc73d58e6f.jpg

4536716303_1dac514e28.jpg

4536684447_e5f05c27f3.jpg

4536684453_0f219efc1c.jpg

Dont mind Jacks shirt :) when I asked him to pick a shirt this morning, he picked Baileys (1 yr olds) Pyjama top.

Do you think he would listen when I tried to get him to change it? :mad

When theyre dried properly I will give them a brush. (tommorow)

I have read, K9A, that you never ask a child to pick what he/she wants to wear :p :mad .

Great photos as always. What a wonderful play pen you have for the trio.

No wonder Phil didn't get far :rofl::eek:

There is another one on the other side of the house too which houses Logan the big red & white boy from HP. :(

Its not the hilton by a long shot, but its a safehouse until they find their real homes.

Yes poor Phil, would of got a helluva fright that night. No wonder he never returned. :mad I will not forget that night in a hurry and I doubt he will, thats for sure.

One advantage of having so many dogs does ensure intruders are kept at bay. They go off like fog horns when strangers are about. :mad

Oh and the run the 3 are in actually goes in an L shape that you cant see. (to the left of the avairy) there is another 2 kennels, but they dont use them all that often.